Things are beginning to turn around..... for good

AB, I'd sit this one out if i were you. Arguments that your personal safety trump Other's property rights is lunacy. You have the right to defend yourself but you also have to respect other

people's rights as well. That includes their rights to govern how their property is used, what can be carried on their property and how they keep up their property. It is however "Their" property,

not yours. So you do not have the right to trump their rights no matter what you do. As long as you are on their property you have to follow their rules or get off their property.

Now they can post their property is not going to allow weapons on their property, In essence you don't have a right to protect them or their property if you are breaking their rules( even if they

do not know you are carrying).

Edited by Wyldk2
The bottom line here is that you are factually incorrect AB. You certainly have a right in this example, a right NOT to go onto the property if it makes you feel unsafe to do so unarmed. I can tell already that its unlikely you would be welcome long on mine, and carrying a gun has nothing to do with that.

We have rules here, and in an effort to stay compliant with them I'll close by simply saying that your ideals and positions expressed above are those of a petulant child, and I can't help but wonder how many Che shirts you used to have before embracing the communist, er I mean, simplistic, property free lifestyle you seem so sure is the answer to the problems of a group of people you don't know? I'm guessing 3.
  • Like 3

The bottom line here is that you are factually incorrect AB. You certainly have a right in this example, a right NOT to go onto the property if it makes you feel unsafe to do so unarmed. I can tell already that its unlikely you would be welcome long on mine, and carrying a gun has nothing to do with that.

We have rules here, and in an effort to stay compliant with them I'll close by simply saying that your ideals and positions expressed above are those of a petulant child, and I can't help but wonder how many Che shirts you used to have before embracing the communist, er I mean, simplistic, property free lifestyle you seem so sure is the answer to the problems of a group of people you don't know? I'm guessing 3.

I haven't had any. Che was a murdering terrorist scumbag. 

Actually, my ideas are very mature. If you worked a gas station job, you wouldn't carry? You would obey the rules of some pencil pusher in a distant, safe office?

Rules followed without question are dangerous, even rules of a property owner. And I never "embraced" anything, I was always a minimalist. 

Anyways, I guess we will drop the subject, neither will convince the other side they are right. 

This thread has gotten terribly off topic haha. Congrats on landing the new job OP. Randy Knight(VP of Operations) just announced this week that they are lowering the time frame requirement to become a Nissan technician to 1.5 years instead of 2. After you have been there the year and a half you will be eligible to get away from Yates barring any written corrective action.
  • Like 1

This thread has gotten terribly off topic haha. Congrats on landing the new job OP. Randy Knight(VP of Operations) just announced this week that they are lowering the time frame requirement to become a Nissan technician to 1.5 years instead of 2. After you have been there the year and a half you will be eligible to get away from Yates barring any written corrective action.

That's a good thing. If you have a family, it's a different situation than I'm in and would be fine to stay there. I'd personally be fine being broke and sleeping under a bridge if that happened, but if I had a wife and kids, I wouldn't want them in that situation. I had a friend that worked there I talked with a lot, he was gonna leave, but got married and had a kid and had to stay there. 

Good luck.

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1176859" timestamp="1407468160"]Just wait for the legal battles over DNA testing once it becomes cheap. - OS[/quote] Won't happen. It's already considered a protected class the same as race and gender. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1
[quote name="ab28" post="1177235" timestamp="1407538979"]That's a good thing. If you have a family, it's a different situation than I'm in and would be fine to stay there. I'd personally be fine being broke and sleeping under a bridge if that happened, but if I had a wife and kids, I wouldn't want them in that situation. I had a friend that worked there I talked with a lot, he was gonna leave, but got married and had a kid and had to stay there. Good luck.[/quote] Why don't you become a true minimalist and dump your tech. You have been nothing but a negative a$$hole on this thread. We get that factory work is not your cup of tea but don't crap on someone that may enjoy that type of work. There are millions of people that enjoy working in a factory and it is obvious that you are not one of those so Move On. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

Why don't you become a true minimalist and dump your tech. You have been nothing but a negative a$$hole on this thread. We get that factory work is not your cup of tea but don't crap on someone that may enjoy that type of work. There are millions of people that enjoy working in a factory and it is obvious that you are not one of those so Move On. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not negative at all, was just stating alternatives. Don't know why I waste my time though, minimalism is "too out there" for most people. They are stuck in the normal way things have always been done, and won't even consider that there is a better way to live. 

Tech is one way of helping minimalism, I don't have to own books or stacks of CDs because I can store it all on a laptop. You have no idea what a true minimalist is, so don't speak of things you know nothing about. I was pretty nice so far, but you seem to be the one with the attitude. 

I have worked Factory, Retail, Light assembly, Engineering/computers, etc... worked for the public for the private sector and as a private contractor. Every job out there has it's ups and downs and nothing is going to be perfect. But whatever we all do we have to at least like it somewhat or we would not be working. If I could get away with being minimalist, Believe me I would. But in reality We all need food, shelter and clothes. Those are our true needs and last i checked, those aren't free. Plus having a fiancee and a child that adds to the mix. Not complaining either, But they are my world and even though factory work isn't the most ideal place to work, they need qualified personnel who are willing to work, work hard and become not only an investment with the company but invest in themselves.

That being said, If you have a family or you will have one, wouldn't you want the best for them?  Nissan offers a future, a carreer i can acomplish.

[quote name="ab28" post="1177309" timestamp="1407547343"]Not negative at all, was just stating alternatives. Don't know why I waste my time though, minimalism is "too out there" for most people. They are stuck in the normal way things have always been done, and won't even consider that there is a better way to live. Tech is one way of helping minimalism, I don't have to own books or stacks of CDs because I can store it all on a laptop. You have no idea what a true minimalist is, so don't speak of things you know nothing about. I was pretty nice so far, but you seem to be the one with the attitude. [/quote] Nope, no idea what being a minimalist is. I have a wife, 4 kids, and 2 dogs and live happily in 300 sqft. But apparently I don't know what negative is. Obviously, negative is not telling someone that a factory job sucks, he will have serious medical issues, and better to live under a bridge than work in a factory (I would have preferred to quote each of your posts saying this but tapatalk doesn't allow for multi quoting). Any way. I'm done with you or to quote Mr. Wonderful "you're dead to me" Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 2

AB, Think you need to stop taking over my thread and start your own one if you feel the need to enlighten the rest of us on how great minamalism is.

If you can't say something nice, and be positive then keep your mouth shut.

Negativity will get you nowhere with me.

• Like 2
OP,

The rest of us are proud of you. We get it.

You have done very well indeed.

A position with Nissan IS significant. I would be honored to work for them.

B. Edited by R_Bert

Nope, no idea what being a minimalist is. I have a wife, 4 kids, and 2 dogs and live happily in 300 sqft. But apparently I don't know what negative is. Obviously, negative is not telling someone that a factory job sucks, he will have serious medical issues, and better to live under a bridge than work in a factory (I would have preferred to quote each of your posts saying this but tapatalk doesn't allow for multi quoting). Any way. I'm done with you or to quote Mr. Wonderful "you're dead to me" Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The health problems issue was just a heads up, because I had friends that had problems with it. 

You are the fvcking idiot that came in here and randomly said stuff after we had cleared everything up 2 pages ago, anyways, but whatever.

That's good to know. I'm looking forward to starting my new job soon. Thanks all for the congradulations.

I may have already mentioned this earlier in the thread but can't remember, I have quite a number of friends that either have or still do work for Yates or Nissan and most all of them are doing quite well for themselves and their families.. I hate to mention it but they seem to be doing well enough for themselves that they can buy the "evil stuff" like such as boats, campers, guns and ATV's ( I know you're pretty big on the last two at least). Seriously though, Several guys I went through school with (around 33yrs old) have now been there 14-15yrs and don't have any desire to leave. Something tells me that if it were such a terrible place to be (as someone might have you to believe) Yates and Nissan's turnover rate would be much much higher. I hope you find it a job that you can enjoy going to! Congrats!

That's a good thing. If you have a family, it's a different situation than I'm in and would be fine to stay there. I'd personally be fine being broke and sleeping under a bridge if that happened, but if I had a wife and kids, I wouldn't want them in that situation. I had a friend that worked there I talked with a lot, he was gonna leave, but got married and had a kid and had to stay there. 

Good luck.

You must have bumped your damn head. It's not often that I find someone on TGO nearly impossible to "digest" but...... Geez.. 

Here are the definitions of negative,

as a noun,

-noun

1. 1.
    a word or statement that expresses denial, disagreement, or refusal.

as an adjective,

-adjective

1. 1.
    consisting in or characterized by the absence rather than the presence of distinguishing features.
    •  

•  

•  

•  

•  

2. 2.
    (of a person, attitude, or situation) not desirable or optimistic.
    "the new tax was having a very negative effect on car sales"
    synonyms: pessimisticdefeatistgloomycynical, fatalistic, dismissive,antipatheticcriticalMore

I'd say most of your comments, whether you'll admit it or not, fit within there somewhere. Would it hurt you to much just to say "congrats" or something along those lines and save the rest for the minimalist support groups? I personally find you and your "logic" absolutely fascinating but I get the impression that I may be alone. I will suggest that you don't attack others with a big F-bomb though because stupidity and/or ignorance seldom gets someone banned but that kind or behaviorvery likely could. 

I don't mean it's a terrible job. For the average person, it's great. They just want an ok house, a nice new car, fat wallet, and a tight hole to come home to. They don't consider that a long term boring sh1tass job is the end. For the majority, it is actually a great, well paying job. Not for me, I have to be creative and use my mind, solve problems with science and thinking. Factory work is good pay, lot of hours usually, but not for everyone. I've done it a few times, and it is boring drudgery for the most part. 

I don't mean it's a terrible job. For the average person, it's great. They just want an ok house, a nice new car, fat wallet, and a tight hole to come home to. They don't consider that a long term boring sh1tass job is the end. For the majority, it is actually a great, well paying job. Not for me, I have to be creative and use my mind, solve problems with science and thinking. Factory work is good pay, lot of hours usually, but not for everyone. I've done it a few times, and it is boring drudgery for the most part.

We can all only hope to live in your shadow some day. I bet there are a lot of "average" people on this forum who are learning a lot from your wisdom.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4

-First sentence = "I don't mean it's a terrible job."

Hey, First sentence, yea you, get ready to be contradicted. 

-Fourth sentence = "long term boring shitass job"

-Last sentence = "it is boring drudgery" 

BTW there are women on our forum as well so in the name of showing them respect I would suggest editing the end of sentence 3. Just my  :2cents: