Tennessee Carry Permit

Guest Terry J

Guest Terry J

Ok the carry permit class is done. Now I need to go get my licence. One quick question. I need to order a birth certificate from CA but they have two different types one is for Identity verification the other is for information purposes. I thought i had a copy but cant find it. Which one will i need to take with me to get my mug shot taken?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kingfish

I can verify, you need the one for Idientity verification. Last time I had to get a copy of my California BC it took 3 months. Good luck.

When did they start this birth certificate thing? I'm sure I didn't have to present that. Of course I'm way over the minimum age.

Marswolf,

They started it maybe a year or two ago. Anytime you are getting a new type of ID or moving from out of state, etc you need your birth certificate, etc.

Guest DeeZee

This is from the Tn dept of safety:

Effective July 1, 2005, all new handgun permit applicants must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency unless such applicant has already provided this proof and it is documented on their driver license record.

Acceptable Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status Documents

Remember: No photocopies will be accepted!

* Official Birth Certificate issued by a U.S. state, jurisdiction or territory (Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Swain's Island, Guam);

* U.S. Government-issued Certified Birth Certificate

* U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad (DS-1350 or FS-545)

* Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the U.S. (FS-240)

* Valid or expired U.S. Passport

* Certificate of Citizenship (N560 or N561)

* Certificate of Naturalization (N550, N570 or N578)

* Unexpired U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (DOD DD-2)

* U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-197, I-179)

* INS I-551 Permanent Resident Alien Card

* Foreign passport stamped by the U.S. Government indicating that the holder has been "Processed for I-551"

* Permanent resident Re-entry Permit (I-327)

* Temporary I-551 stamp on Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, with photograph of applicant.

* U.S. Department of Receptions and Placement Program Assurance Form (Refugee) and I-94 stamped refugee.

* Form I-94 Record of Arrival and Departure stamped Asylee, Parolee or Parole, refugee, asylum, HP (humanitarian parolee) or PIP (public interest parolee)

Guest Terry J

Thanks for the information. I actually found it. I was cleaning a few weeks ago and thought i had thrown it away but i didnt just stuck it somewhere i forgot about. Yeah I was looking at the cal. website for certs and i was really glad i found mine. I wasnt sure if it was actually needed or not I work at the Navy base so i have several forms of ID i just wanted to be sure i had everything they might ask for. I appreciate the help.