Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

There's no requirements whatsoever to buy components. You can be a felon on the run from the law and buy all the powder, primers, and bullets you want.

I also get my stuff from the Reloader's Bench in Mt Juliet. Bass Pro in Opry Mills carries powder and primers, but their bullet selection sucks. If you are ever near a Cabela's they're usually pretty good.

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1

Don't you just love it when people send you half way across the state for a good deal? Try Benton Shooters Supply.They usually have a good selection of powder and primers.They have premium bullets as well but their selection of bulk bullets (boxes of 500) is lacking sometimes. Sportsmans is good too.

I usually buy powder and primers locally so I don't have to pay hazmet fees.

For bullets, I've purchased directly from Zero Bullets or Berrys MFG. depending on my needs. Zero has no shippiong if purchasing 1000 rounds. Berry has a $50 minimum for free shipping.

All the brass that I have, I picked up at the range.

I have purchased components and other supplies from Midway or Cabelas. With Cabelas, I wait for free shipping.

• Like 1
Just ask that they put their cigarettes out while ringing up your powder! :lol:

The smoke is so dense sometimes that I can't stand to go inside. :chill:

I know what you mean. They used to smoke heavily in there, both employees and customers but since the laws have changed, it is much better. :ugh: They are good peolpe and have a lot of reloading supplies at competetive prices especially when you figure in any on line hazmat fees.

Edited by DavidD
Wideners in Johnson City

I am about 20 minutes from there. I still buy most components online at Midway etc as they don't have to charge TNs BS 9.5% sales tax. I still buy primers and powder there as the haz-mat charge is high if you don't by tons at a time.

Although I'm in Clarksville (across town from Midsouth Shooters), because of my work schedule, I order from MidwayUSA. I have my order in about 3 days. I have found better pricing on most items I need/use. Shipping for the most part is cheaper than sales tax, gas, and the time to go pick up my order. I guess it just depends on your mood as to who you order from!

I have purchased from Widners, Champions Choice in Lavergne, TN and the Reloaders Bench, when I had no other choice. However, I have purchased a great deal of powder and bullets from Powder Valley in Kansas. Yes, there is a haz mat fee for powder and bullets however, if you a a few other combine your orders, its cheaper than TN sales tax. There bullet prices are very competitive.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mugster

The reloaders bench out in mt. juliet is your best bet.

I order my bulk bullets and get powder and primer plus an occasional box of hunting bullets at the bench. I get most of my cases as pickup at the range. Except .44 magnum, .45lc, 7mm rem mag, and .444. Can't find those. I just ordered some .44...midway has a sale on remington 100 packs.

Gun show might be another option on powder/primers. The last show they had some wolf primers at a decent price. Powder was $20 a pound and up though.

Edited by Mugster