Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

Looking for a retail store (non big box if possible) in west TN area that would sell powders/primers/bullets?  Started reloading 223 for plinking/training ammo and need to stock up a little more on powders, primers and bullets.  I can travel at the most to mid-TN, but would prefer not to if possible.  Also, been using CFE and AR Comp for my reloading.  Any other suggestions for reloading for AR?  Not looking for match ammo, just minute-of-man.  Someone I've spoken with also recommended BLC-2...thanks for any info you guys can provide...

Guest lilfishbigpond
Jacob - try Avery Outdoors in Memphis. Last time I was there they no longer had a designated reloader person but had sales going on the existing stock of supplies.

Jacob - try Avery Outdoors in Memphis. Last time I was there they no longer had a designated reloader person but had sales going on the existing stock of supplies.

Bought 2 lbs of CFE from them about 6 weeks ago...they have been sold out since....the other stuff they have in stock isn't for 223....I actually bought 1000rds of once fired lake city brass from them as well.  They have great prices on their stuff, but I think they are not the best kept secret anymore...I call them about once per week or so just to see if they have anything in..they claim they are waiting on their distributor to ship their order to them...

Guest lilfishbigpond
Thanks for the update. Hope they get a manager in who will keep the reloading section better stocked with a well rounded assortment of items.

Thanks for the update. Hope they get a manager in who will keep the reloading section better stocked with a well rounded assortment of items.

They are great on dies and misc shell holders and other reloading doo-dads, but the powder section needs some 'ttention...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
sling, on 07 Dec 2008 - 7:08 PM, said:

Cocky people. I veer away unless i just need powder and primers...

Midwayusa or Grafs.

When you see Larry at a show with shorts on ask him if those are his legs or is he riding a chicken. Ben laughs when he see's me coming.

Edited by Sunfish
  • 1 month later...

Reloaders Bench or.....in the middle of no where KY, Gamaliel, KY is one of the best outfitted shops for reloading and shooting I have been to. If your in middle TN and out and about, run on up through Lafayette, TN or Red Boiling Springs and your just about there.

Web link below

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/

Gamaliel is where I get mine too. I live about 15 miles from there.

Edited by roverboy
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know of any place in nashville or the surrounding counties that actually has some VV n570 powder or CCI 250 primers. Everywhere seems to not have these. I can find places online that have one or the other but not both, and I am really not looking to pay two hazmat shipping fees. Prefer to pay none and buy local, even if it costs a little more.

Does anyone know of any place in nashville or the surrounding counties that actually has some VV n570 powder or CCI 250 primers. Everywhere seems to not have these. I can find places online that have one or the other but not both, and I am really not looking to pay two hazmat shipping fees. Prefer to pay none and buy local, even if it costs a little more.

Check AH Reloading over on 4th Avenue. His hours vary so I always call before heading over. Pretty sure I saw some CCI 250s there the other day.
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I am in no way associated with this company, but Montana Gold Bullets has a good deal going. I in the past picked up 4,500 95gr 380 FMJ bullets for $395.00 with free shipping. I just ordered 18,000 more. 

I did not check other caliber prices, but I did not have any problems with their service and really did not find anything more economical out there if you factor in shipping. 

Again I am in no way associated with them, but wanted to spread the word on their prices and customer service.

I'll put a bump in for prone shooters in knoxville.  He's got a nice selection of rifle and pistol powders. Prices were very reasonable when  you consider no hazmat or shipping.  Spent a good hour in there with Phil the owner talking about stuff.  He also has parts and accessories too at reasonable prices.

• Like 1

Midsouth has CCI primers for $27.50, if you are local these prices are hard to beat.  Powders, when in stock, are fairly priced as well, most under $24.  Since they are off exit 11, they are within driving distance of even Nashville, saving the $26 hazmat fee.

I started a thread on this place for Knoxville area folks some time back, but neglected to link it here...my bad.
I have had great luck the past several months at Proneshooters in West Knoxville...near Lovell Road on Kingston Pike behind Biker Rags. Phil and Lori are good people!
http://proneshooter.com/

I had a chance to stop in Prone Shooter yesterday and while it's a small shop they had a good selection of powder and primers. I had a short chat with Lori and I can tell you that I will be going back. I mentioned TGO while I was there but Lori wasn't too familiar with the forum so if you go in mention it, maybe they will advertise... Edited by Sidecarist
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Does David / DLM still have good prices and product availability?   Anyone know where he'll be in the near future?     (need 9mm, 5.56, etc.)

Does David / DLM still have good prices and product availability?   Anyone know where he'll be in the near future?     (need 9mm, 5.56, etc.)

If you are referring to David at Magnum Materials in Ashland City, I bought some powder and components from him last month at the gun show in Jackson.  His prices were still good and he had a really good selection with him.  I spoke with him on the phone a week or so ago trying to see if he was going to be in West TN and I think he said something about going to Knoxville.  He has his phone number listed on the magnum materials website if you want to try to make arrangements with him.

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2008 at 10:49 AM, DMark said:

Just ask that they put their cigarettes out while ringing up your powder! :up:

The smoke is so dense sometimes that I can't stand to go inside. :)

As a smoker I resemble that remark ! I love the place but the real answer to the original question in my case would be " Wherever I can find what I'm after at a price that is fair " . Their pricing is usually good and they know what you are talking about when you ask for something you cant find . Not usually the case at BPS , Cabella , Gander , Academy or Dicks . My dad got me hooked on the place although when I was in Alabama I bought from Alabama Ammo in Moulton which was owned by the same people .

Eddie Southgate