Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Buy from Anywhere ammo is cheap. Right now is a good time to consider stocking up for the next 10 year period. Sounds crazy I know, but think about the concept. It's what I've done. Now that ammo is uber cheap buy all you can. But also make sure your reloading stock is built up  to a 6  year cushion just in case.

I'm not especially paranoid, just prepared.

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, Raoul said:

Buy from Anywhere ammo is cheap. Right now is a good time to consider stocking up for the next 10 year period. Sounds crazy I know, but think about the concept. It's what I've done. Now that ammo is uber cheap buy all you can. But also make sure your reloading stock is built up  to a 6  year cushion just in case.

I've been buying two bricks of Federal bulk .22, 1000 SPP and 1000 LPP every month for the last year.

Bill

Edited by BCR#1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Raoul said:

My normal practice when I go in a shop is if I don't get a gun, to purchase ammo.  Although I haven't had time to spend at the reloading bench, I need to continue stocking supplies.  I remember several years ago when I had a problem finding primers and powder.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tnhawk said:

My normal practice when I go in a shop is if I don't get a gun, to purchase ammo.  Although I haven't had time to spend at the reloading bench, I need to continue stocking supplies.  I remember several years ago when I had a problem finding primers and powder.

Obama did more for my prepping ability than can be imagined. There's a reasonable chance I'll never again need to buy powder, and possibly primers.

7 hours ago, Raoul said:

Obama did more for my prepping ability than can be imagined. There's a reasonable chance I'll never again need to buy powder, and possibly primers.

I find myself in the same pleasant predicament. And with .22 LR as well. It's not a bad place to be actually.

I think I'll set the next panic buying spree (or two) out... ;)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Raoul said:

Me too. Running out of ammo or components is the least of my worries, even if the libs manage to outright ban ammo.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 11/17/2008 at 3:41 PM, krater said:

I buy twice a year at the Knob Creek shoot. Usually from Hi Tech Ammo.

Can you get any decent prices there? I would rather buy locally, but I'd rather not put somebodies child through school.

Mostly from Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet. Some from Mid-South in Clarksville online. I'm pretty well stocked on ammo, thru a couple of good sized wars.

The reloading I do now, is just to have something to to when I can't be outside.

Edited by Grunt67
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 7:18 PM, Grunt67 said:

Mostly from Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet.

Thanks for the tip. I've set my presses up again (been a couple years) and am (mostly) retired now so I am looking at it as more of a hobby than a necessity.... as it was a few years back.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mamba said:

Thanks for the tip. I've set my presses up again (been a couple years) and am (mostly) retired now so I am looking at it as more of a hobby than a necessity.... as it was a few years back.

Same here. I'm doing it as a hobby/past time. I have more now, then I'll

ever need. Don't have much opportunity or place to shoot as much as I'd like.

Just enjoy doing it when I can't get outside to do stuff, due to weather, etc.

• Like 1
Guest BCR#1

I look for deals on Armslist and Gun Owners Club from people who are getting out of reloading for whatever reason. Last Friday, I picked up two sealed 1 lb bottles of IMR 4756 powder and 1K of CCI 300 primers for $50.00.  I thought I would try something different in my Smith 25-5 .45 Colt.

I've been using 8.0 grains of Unigue behind a 200 grain LSWC by Badman bullets but will try the 4756 and see if it is cleaner/less smokey than the Unique.

Bill

4 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

I look for deals on Armslist and Gun Owners Club...

Good tip, hadn't thought of that. Tho' hazmat shipping costs eat a bit into the savings I would think. 
I only load .380, 9mm, and .45ACP, usually with Hodgdon powders. I've still got over half of a 8lb'r of Universal Clays to work through.

34 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Good tip, hadn't thought of that. Tho' hazmat shipping costs eat a bit into the savings I would think. 
I only load .380, 9mm, and .45ACP, usually with Hodgdon powders. I've still got over half of a 8lb'r of Universal Clays to work through.

Powder goes a long way with those calibers

• Like 1
Guest BCR#1
8 hours ago, Mamba said:

No hazmat fee, I buy local.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Lordy, looks like dad has me stocked for life. 12 jugs of rifle powder. 11 jugs of pistol powder plus 2 kegs of win 231. A few cases or small rifle primers and a few cases of small pistol primers. Buckets of bullets that will need to be lubed and sized. Boxes of copper bullets never opened. Not a 22 or shotshell in sight yet he had a few. A note taped to a jug said don't buy from Dennis. No clue who that may be.

Edited by DeepSouth
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: the attitude, etc. of clerks at Reloaders Bench.  I had not seen much of that until lately, which I can't explain. Partly depends on the person you're dealing with. Seems like, since the Corona thing, they rather you didn't show up.

Since I don't go to socialize, it doesn't really matter to me. I usually take care of myself. I go in get what I want, if it's there, pay & go.

Mainly, on primers, powder, no Hazmat fee . Other than that. online.

• Like 1
Guest BCR#1

In Chattanooga, N Ga Reloading on Brainerd Rd sells their primers for $4.00 + tax less than Sportsmans Warehouse for 1K worth, ie, $30.99 + tax compared to $34.99 + tax. I have no use for the owner, paul chapman, but their prices are cheaper than SW. This as a PSA of forum members in our area.

Bill