Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

The heavier set gent can be alright to deal with. The taller guy though shows his ass on a regular basis. I've also been lectured by the guy who works the reloading section at Outpost Armory. I just keep my mouth shut, nod like an idiot, pickup my marbles and go home.

• 3 months later...

The people at North Georgia Reloading are pretty nice.  If you have a liberal side to you at all you will get offended. I don’t, but I have put on a face mask after entering the front door and could kind of feel the criticism.  They still made me feel welcome though.

I have bought materials from them before but their prices can be hit or miss. I completely understand though with it being a small business.  They have not marked their prices up to gouge and I really appreciate that.

Today they did have large magnum pistol primers and large match pistol primers. They were between $31 and $36 per 1k.  As far as loaded ammo there was about 3k rounds of 40s&w and some 20 round boxes of 44spl and 44mag.  All was reasonably priced. 

On 5/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, PoofNoEyeBrows said:

I met the guy at Outpost the other day.  I was looking for a RCBS small primer stem and sleeve. I picked up a used RCBS single stage for cheap and described it as aluminum. He was quick to say it was not aluminum and RCBS only made cast.  I was honest and said I didn’t know they ever made aluminum ones until I found this one. Ok, whatever. I find a picture on RBCS’ website of the press and the part I needed. Well, wouldn’t you know, RCBS said the press was aluminum.  I appreciate that he can acknowledge he was wrong. I start talking about my old press as being a turret press. He tries to say I have a progressive press.  After I tell him grandpa bought it in the 60s and taught me to reload 30 years ago he kind of realized I was not new to the hobby.

Edited by Patton
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like this thread has been inactive for  couple of months. I'm looking for a reasonably local store that keeps a good stock of reloading supplies. I get over toward Knoxville occasionally, but mostly I stay to the Crossville-Harriman area. I made several stops in Crossville last week looking for slow powder (H1000) with no luck, but I did find a five pound jug of Trailboss, which I like. Not a single primer in any of the three shops I stopped at.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reloader's Bench has had powder off and on. Bought both BLC-2 and H110 there recently. They had 8lb jugs in limited quantity as well as 1lb. 

I have purchased small and large pistol at Sportsman's Warehouse for regular retail prices. Missed out on the small rifle they had by a hour or less. They also had some magnum (small pistol) but no match/benchrest rifle. 

Projectiles are getting easier to find but still hit or miss. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Projectiles are getting easier to find but still hit or miss. 

Mainly miss. Haven't reloaded in a few years, prime sources back then were Montana Gold and Berry's....neither has stock.

39 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Mainly miss. Haven't reloaded in a few years, prime sources back then were Montana Gold and Berry's....neither has stock.

I bought Berry's 9mm at Reloader's Bench a few weeks ago. They had a decent qty on the shelf but not pre 2020 quantities. They had Berry's 30 caliber rifle as well the day I bought the 9mm but I don't remember the weight. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

I bought Berry's 9mm at Reloader's Bench a few weeks ago. 

Thanks....not been there before but they aren't too far drive-wise. I only need bullets (for awhile).
Wonder if they have a weekly shipment "day"? I'll give them a call sometime this week.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am new here so please excuse me if I mistakenly ask some dumb questions. I've literally stopped buying ammo for the last 10 years. Are gun shows reliable and do people have any issues with reloads nowadays? What can I expect to pay as a fair price (not what I'd like to pay but a current fair market price) for reloads of:

5.56 -

40 Cal -

22 cal -

9mm - 

First of all welcome @Gomer2000.

Good question for these challenging times. I, personally, haven't purchased any ammo for a few years and my reloading components were purchased several years back.

Ammo at current market value and sometimes a bit below is sold periodically in our classified sections.

Best of luck to you as things have certainly changed in the past 10 years. 🙂

fwiw I only shoot my handloads (reloads).

I haven't bought squat in the past year or so. It'll show back up before long. As I've been reloading when the weather is bad, I would like to replenish my stock, but I've loaded enough ammo to shoot for a loooooooooong time.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 4
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, bob cratchet said:

I have not purchased reloading supplies in the past few years. How are prices running these days for powder, primers, and projectiles?

Well way late but from what I've seen powder is available but more expensive than pre-2020. Projectiles seem to be about the same. Primers are almost non-existent and you'll pay dearly for them if you find them.

8 hours ago, srszczer said:

Well way late but from what I've seen powder is available but more expensive than pre-2020. Projectiles seem to be about the same. Primers are almost non-existent and you'll pay dearly for them if you find them.

If you're finding the projectiles you need than you doing well. I'm finding stuff, but not in the quantity I need. I did find some Berger 200.20X for a buddy last week. Try finding 2k Speer 2022.