Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

Guest Nick@NKG

Just ask that they put their cigarettes out while ringing up your powder! screwy.gif

The smoke is so dense sometimes that I can't stand to go inside. ugh.gif

HA HA HA HA  I have not noticed this but this is where I get all my reloading stuff. Great selection.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="TNSean" post="1106448" timestamp="1391614017"]Hi guys, I am new to the area (Knoxville) and wondering where to go to buy powder and primers? Any suggestions of local places in order to avoid hazmat? Thanks[/quote] Wait for the next gun show. The look for the large red "reloading supplies" sign. Behind the counter is a very tall man....his name is David, he's a member here. You will not find more supply at a lower price...period
  • Like 1

Wait for the next gun show. The look for the large red "reloading supplies" sign. Behind the counter is a very tall man....his name is David, he's a member here. You will not find more supply at a lower price...period

Is this the gun show in Chilhowee Park?

Edited by TNSean
[quote name="TNSean" post="1106847" timestamp="1391671633"]Thanks for the info guys. I will stop on by and see David. Of those two gun shows, which one do you guys like best?[/quote] Expo center, by far. The tables are farther apart so there is more room to walk, and my sensitivities are not offended by those who have refused to bath in the last decade.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guest Whitfed

For those of you in the Franklin Area and tired of the small selection of irrelevant and god awful pricing at the Franklin Gun Store, for not just reloading items.  Everything Weapons' gun range behind Franklin Dodge Chrysler and Jeep off of 96, they are stocking a solid selection of RCBS, and Hornady equipment, primers of all types (CCI 41 for $26 bucks a 1000, doubt that will last though), their powder selection is really picking up.  If your looking for good brass, 1000 LC/NATO 5.56 sized and ready for primer, bullet and powder for just of 200 bucks. 

Im just glad to have someone closer to franklin stocking the real deal reloading supplies.

Guest nf1989
Anyone know anywhere to pick up some w231 powder in the knoxville area? Or any good powder for 9mm using 115 or 124 grain plated bullets Edited by nf1989
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest St8linegunsmith

Well it looks like Chattanooga and surrounding areas will have two more choices to buy reloading equipment and components very soon.

Cabelas next to Costco At Cloud Springs Road Exit in the Rossville/Fort Oglethorpe area will be opening by late spring this year.

Bass Pro Shops in East ridge will be opening before the end of 2015 so between Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas and BPS

competing for our business we should e able to get some good deals

+1 for Midsouth, even though I have to pay tax, I find them the best price around.  And when its hazmat, then its no contest. I also use midway when the item is out of stock at midsouth, they usually do a good job but on occasion it may take awhile with their ups/usps shipping combo.  I have tried the reloading bench guys, but its too far to drive and still pay the tax and their price can't compete with midsouth. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Busta919

For those of you in the Franklin Area and tired of the small selection of irrelevant and god awful pricing at the Franklin Gun Store, for not just reloading items.  Everything Weapons' gun range behind Franklin Dodge Chrysler and Jeep off of 96, they are stocking a solid selection of RCBS, and Hornady equipment, primers of all types (CCI 41 for $26 bucks a 1000, doubt that will last though), their powder selection is really picking up.  If your looking for good brass, 1000 LC/NATO 5.56 sized and ready for primer, bullet and powder for just of 200 bucks. 

Im just glad to have someone closer to franklin stocking the real deal reloading supplies.

I know Mt. Juliet is not Franklin, but Reloaders Bench at exit 226B, just off the highway, usually has a pretty good selection of powder, primers, bullets, dies, ... Call before you drive. I picked up a couple pounds of Bullseye a couple weeks ago. Prices are reasonable. Otherwise, I drive up to Clarksville to avoid shipping charges at Midsouth. I agree with the the assessment of Everything Weapons and Franklin Gun Store. Everything Weapons has a 2nd location off of Moores Lane (They have reasonable prices on loaded ammo, but no supplies at this time).

I picked up a few pounds of IMR's new powder from midsouth to reload my .270 and 5.56. IMR 4451 and 4166.  Since its new I am not sure how good it is, but its still available while others are hard to come by: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/Dept/reloading/smokeless-powder?FilterBy=InstockOnly&CurrentPage=1

Looking forward to some feedback on the new IMR powders Omega. :up:

Looking forward to some feedback on the new IMR powders Omega. :up:

I picked up 1# of IMR 4166 at A-H. Not sure when I will get a chance to load and shoot any but I am interested in trying it. It was $5 higher than CFE223 which is my go to.

I'm hoping it meters fairly well. Read it is cut shorter than varget so maybe...