IHCs Garands now for sale at CMP

FINALLY - - - I've been waiting almost two years for these to be released.  :hyper:

From the CMP email......

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS. CMP currently has 511 Service Grade IHC M1 Garand rifles (with LMR barrels) available for purchase. The CMP North and CMP South stores will be allocated 64 of these rifles each. The balance of 383 rifles will be reserved for mail order purchase. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCSLMR, is $975 plus $29.95 S&H. CMP also has 384 Service grade IHC M1 Garand rifles that do not have LMR barrels. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCS, is $925 plus $29.95 S&H. Please note that the only part on either of these two item numbers guaranteed to be the IHC is the receiver. Purchasers are limited to only one IHC M1 Garand per customer. Mail orders will be accepted immediately until enough orders are received to allocate the current inventory. Rifles will be available at the stores on 5 June, 2014. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

Sent my order in by Priority Mail today!   :x:  

Here is a link to the CMP ordering information.

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/orderinginfo.htm

• Like 2

Can someone explain the CMP program, process to buy, and places of businesses?  I think I know not everyone can just walk in, lay down the $1K, and walk out, right?

Follow the link I provided in the first post.  It should tell you everything you need to know to order a rifle from the CMP.

And Ditto on Hershmeister's provided link.

Edited by DMark

I want one of these so badly. Not 1k bad though.......

I was also a bit surprised at the $1k.  They are about $100+ more than what many of us had speculated. 

I figured they would be more in inline with what the Winchesters last sold for.  

I sent my order in for one with the original LMR barrels (LMR=Line Material, Rifle).  IHC did not make the barrels for their M1s, Line Material Corporation in the Birmingham, AL produced them for IHC.

Trusting I'll be lucky and get one of the 383 being released for mail order on Monday.  :x:

I WOULD NOT want to be anywhere near the North and South CMP Stores on 5 June when they place those 64 IHCs in the racks for sale.   :slapfight:  

[quote name="Runco" post="1153827" timestamp="1401530462"]Can someone explain the CMP program, process to buy, and places of businesses? I think I know not everyone can just walk in, lay down the $1K, and walk out, right?[/quote] Don't let the requirements keep you from buying a Garand. It's much easier than it looks. For example the CMP club requirement can be fulfilled by joining the Garand Collectors Assoc. They'll even send confirmation directly to the CMP. Buy a CMP Garand of some kind. You'll regret it if you don't. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

E-mail from CMP said IHC Garands "Sold Out" no more orders until Nov.2014.

Yup.

My order was Delivered today.  No idea if I made the cut for this first release of if I will be placed on the backorder list.

In the meantime, a lot of folks over on the CMP forum who waited until today to send in their paperwork are already filling this out.

2u76ihc.jpg

• Like 1

[quote name="DMark" post="1154784" timestamp="1401743341"]Yup. My order was Delivered today. No idea if I made the cut for this first release of if I will be placed on the backorder list. In the meantime, a lot of folks over on the CMP forum who waited until today to send in their paperwork are already filling this out. 2u76ihc.jpg[/quote] Hope you got lucky!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Got my "Don't Bug Us" (DBU) email today from the CMP.

"We have received and verified your recent order. We regret to inform you that we cannot fill your order for the requested IHC rifle at this time. However, your order will be placed on the backorder list to be filled with the next inventory this year."

Hey, being on backorder is A-OK with me.  I now know I will be getting one with the LMR barrel.     

Edited by DMark