TN Handgun Carry Permit Schools and Instructors

Guest wilsonguy
School Name: RangeUSA

Primary Instructor: Chip Holland (but there are several)

HCP Class Cost: 75.00 (120.00 for two)

Phone number: 901-213-4774

Your Personal Experience: Awesome instructors are very informative and take the time for interaction. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Great personable atmosphere!

SECOND THAT!!! Chip was awesome!

Guest tenman

The Range, Inc.

Instructors: John Hutcherson and Michael Pittman

Cost: $100

615-662-6815

website: The Range Incorporated - Handgun Safety Training Classes For Tennessee

Location: 150 acre facility in Hickman County, near Centerville

Just finished taking a "refresher" course at The Range Inc. (my first class was many years ago and left much to be desired). My experience at The Range was excellent, instructors are experienced and knowledgeable. Legal and safety issues were heavily stressed, there was emphasis on the differences between "target" shooting using your weapon in a high stress situation. While a basic HCP class, it is designed to dovetail into additional advanced handgun courses. The facilities took a bit of a beating from the recent floods; repairs are going well and the multiple range facilities are in good shape.

Overall very thorough, recommended ;)

School Name: Precision Firearms

Primary Instructor: Glenn Gurnett

HCP Class Cost: $85

Phone number: 931-424-0064

Your Personal Experience: Glenn is certainly a character! He very much knows his stuff and will set you on the straight and narrow. He's a Glock Armorer, so of course, you hear the normal speech. He does his class on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Enjoyed the class and would recommend it to anyone.

Guest Rngr888

School Name: SHOOTERS EDGE, LLC

Location: 413 Century Court (TRI-County Industrial Park) Piney Flats, TN 37686

Primary Instructor: Mike Lewis

HCP Class Cost: $110.00 (INDOOR Classes and Range)

Phone number: 423 538-EDGE

Your Personal Experience: I'm bias, I am the Director of Training.

• 5 weeks later...

Use This Format:

Pack 'N Heat

Hangar Lane @ Nashville Airport

Jeff Eady

$65

http://packnheat.net/

615.604-9159

Jeff currently works as a Law Enforcement Training Officer in Middle Tennessee. He is a Field Training Officer, SWAT entry team member, Defensive Tactics Instructor, Post Certified Firearms Instructor, Structural Firefighter, Aircraft Rescue Firefighter, Response to Lethal Threats Instructor, Officer Survival Instructor, Simunition Instructor, OC Spray Instructor, and Medical First Responder.

His class was fun and informative. I especially like the atmosphere. He kept it light and informal, but he was very professional and knowledgeable. On the day I took the class, there were only guys, so he let us shoot at the course where he trains officers for the Airport police. It was awesome, go to his site and check out the pics. There's a jet fuselage there where they practice entry drills.

Your Personal Experience: I too

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I took my HCP classs today at Austins TN Firearms from TGO's very own Phantom6 (Hi Mike).

Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit Classes « Firearms Classes

Mike did a great job teaching the entire course and answering questions that we had and the pratical pistol handling and shooting instruction was top notch.

He also incorporates the NRA's Basic Pistol Course with the TN HCP course (BONUS!).

Highly Recommend Mike (Phantom6) as an instructor or for the HCP course that Austins TN Firearms offers.

Now if the TN DOS would just produce a decent, current, contemporary video and keep it updated that would be just Super.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tactics-training/45559-new-state-training-video-handgun-carry-permit-class.html

OH and if they could get my permit to me in WAY under 10 weeks THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!

I'm not gonna get excited and expect either of those two things above to actually happen before Christmas.

Check em out. http://www.firearmsclasses.com/

I will definitely take more courses there.

Red9MM

Edited by Red9MM
  • 1 month later...

Tennessee Firearms Training Academy & Firing Range
Pulaski, Tn.
Jeff Perry - Instructor
$65.00   discount for active/retired military.   Group discounts.

(931) 363-3863

TN Carry Permit classes.  Beginner, Ladies only and Advanced Handgun classes available.

Edited by jlperryusa
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They are top notch. Ron Fielder is a protege of Jeff Cooper and still instructs at Gunsite as well.

Just finished the class at PRI with John, Ron, Andy and 2 Metro PD officers. Great class, way beyond what the state requires. Highly recommended.

Here are the details:

School Name: PRI (Personal Responsibility Inc.)

Primary Instructor: John M. L. Brown

HCP Class Cost: $95

Phone number: 615-726-8646

Your Personal Experience: Great class, John is an attorney and instructor for the Nashville FOP. He has worked many shootings and gives real world scenarios and advice. The class had 10 people including 2 ladies, the pace was just right and they gave everyone plenty of attention. Even swapped a XDm for someone that was struggling with a 1911. We shot 80+ rounds at paper and metal targets, practiced a draw stroke, dealt with malfunctions and reloading. Also, the instructors gave one on one marksmanship training and tips, which helped my groups and distance shooting quite a bit. The instructors and officers acted out real world scenarios with both poor reactions and then the right way. Waverly, TN is about an hour west of downtown Nashville. I plan on going back for Handgun II (Defensive Handgun).

• 1 month later...
Guest pfries
School Name: SHOOTERS EDGE, LLC

Location: 413 Century Court (TRI-County Industrial Park) Piney Flats, TN 37686

Primary Instructor: Mike Lewis

HCP Class Cost: $110.00 (INDOOR Classes and Range)

Phone number: 423 538-EDGE

Your Personal Experience: I'm bias, I am the Director of Training.

Well I did not take my class there but I can speak for the facility and some of the staff,

Facility and range state of the art and clean,

Staff very friendly ,helpfull and knowledgeable.

I stopped in the other week with my middle son (9yrs) to check them out, and not only did they talk to me but they answered and involved my son in the experience.

I was impressed enough that I am working on getting the misses to let me join and I am on 45 acres of land and can shoot daily here if I choose.

Guest Agave

School Name: Frank Foutch Gun School

Primary Instructor: William David Watt

HCP Class Cost: $60 each with a class size of 3+, $75 each with a class size of 2, $100 for a 1-on-1 class

Phone number: 731-217-4084

Your Personal Experience: The instructor is prior federal law enforcement officer, Marine Corps, and is an NRA pistol instructor. He is patient with all his students and is very knowledgeable about the law. Classes are available Monday through Saturday indoors.

Gref,

I teach the permit class for the Humphreys County Sheriff's Office. Our new range is located between New Johnsonville and Waverly which is about a 45 minute drive for you. You may sign up by calling Brandy Burns at 931-296-2301 We hold one to two per month and the cost is only $50.

Upcoming dates are

April 30

May 21

June 18

July 23

All of these classes are on Saturdays and we will schedule private classes for 10 or more students.

Guest mwentllc

Tri State Gun and Archery Club

2645 Damon Road

Counce,Tn 38326 (Near Savannah,Tn)

Phone 731 689-0505 or 731 607-9226

HCP classes given the second Saturday of every month and start at 8:30 a.m.

Fee is $70. and includes lunch.

Special classes availible for groups.

• 8 months later...
Guest Bassman17SC

School: Guns and Leather Academy

Primary Instructor: Chris Smith

HCP Class Cost: $65

Phone: (615) 504-2532

My wife and I took the HCP Class (Level I). Very organized and professional. I also took the Level II class from Chris Smith ($85) and what a great class!

Edited by Bassman17SC
School Name: Academy of Self Protection

Primary Instructor: Rob Corcoran

HCP Class Cost: $90 (includes all materials even ammo)

Website: www.academyofselfprotection.com/default.asp www.legallyarmed.com/joelton2.html

Phone number: 615-876-3010

Your Personal Experience: Very good class. No non-sense approach and personal. Highly recommend.

Cost is now $100 but includes ammo and even gun rental if needed. No personal experience, but a co-worker highly recommends them.

School Name: RangeUSA

Primary Instructor: Chip Holland (but there are several)

HCP Class Cost: 75.00 (120.00 for two)

Phone number: 901-213-4774

Your Personal Experience: Awesome instructors are very informative and take the time for interaction. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Great personable atmosphere!

I've taken several classes at RangeUSA and found their facility and instructors to be excellent.

• 1 month later...

+ 1 for

School Name: The Gun Shop

Primary Instructor: Jim Carter

HCP Class Cost: $100

Phone number: 615-305-3653

Your Personal Experience: Jim Carter was a really cool guy and I enjoyed the class very much so. He showed us several guns and told us of several techniques. I guess the best part was that since he teaches it at his home, he is able to teach the class whenver really. This is the biggest plus for me , because I work retail and therefore work every weekend. All in all great class, very informative. He even has his own little range. I would definetly recommend to anyone thinking of getting thie HCP.

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martiansrule

School Name: A and B gun school

Primary Instructor: Ken Alexandro

HCP Class Cost: $100

Website: TN. Handgun Carry Class - What is Required from you, and us. ?

Phone number: (615) 394-3005

Your Personal Experience: Ken is top notch! Explains everything in great detail. Have taken other tactical classes with him, and would not even consider going any where else.

• 3 months later...
Guest bwhited

School Name: (PRI) Personal Responsibility, Inc.

Location: Firing Range located in Hickman County (less than an hour drive just West of Nashville)

Primary Instructor: John M.L. Brown

HCP Class Cost: $95.00 (Handgun I 8 hours class)

Phone number: (615) 726-8646

Your Personal Experience:

See web site. http://www.prifirearmstraining.com

PRI offers classes for the beginner to the Special Operations level shooter. All people will find something that will better their shooting skills! John and Ron Fielder are great instructors. Never heard of anyone that have attended one of their classes and not learned something! Their Handgun II class is one of the best handgun classes I have ever seen.

Edited by bwhited
  • 6 months later...
Guest thelowdown
[b] [/b]

[b][color=#ff0000]School Name: JWS TACTICAL SOLUTIONS[/color]
Primary Instructor: Joshua Shinlever
HCP Class Cost: $50 for handgun safety I took
Phone number:
Your Personal Experience: None. He was great and taught me all about my gun! I'll be getting my carry permit from him soon![/b]