22 lr in stock cheap Gander Mountain Mount Juliet

Just got Remington 1400 round bucket for $69.99, and several 100 round premium packs for $7.99. They also have numerous bricks of 500-550 rounds for $24.99. Limit 1 bulk pack of 500 or greater and 10 smaller packs of 100 or less per customer. They have pallets full as part of their grand opening sale, but they are going to ration it and put some out each morning. This morning there was a line of about 100 people when they opened at 9 a.m., and everyone got as much as they were allowed to buy. They still had quite a bit left over after everyone had checked out. Edited by wileecoyote
  • Like 1
I had arrived one hour before they opened, and I really only went because a good friend of mine was going and I didn't want him to stand in line alone. While in line we heard someone saying that several of the folks arriving early were known to go to every grand opening and snap up all the ammo they could get, as well as camping at other stores early in the morning whenever they heard of ammo being shipped. Sure enough, a fair number of older dudes arrived and many knew each other by name, and they were chatting about all of their previous 22 LR scores from other stores. I didn't begrudge them anything, just figured it must be a benefit of being retired and/or having the time and means to travel and camp at stores early enough to buy up more ammo than the average guy. They all seemed polite enough, no pushing or shoving, and you never know who might plan on reselling vs. just wanting to shoot a lot. I heard several guys say they were stocking up to take friends or kids shooting, which is what I do myself.

As I was leaving the store this morning, several customers were overheard saying that you could complete your ammo purchase, leave the store, and then come back in and check out at a different register and nobody would know, so you would get twice the allowed limit. I believe this was true, as it was pretty hectic and the store is huge, and they weren't checking licenses or anything at checkout. I told the guys nearest me that I would like to have more ammo (who wouldn't), but I was content to at least get some at fair prices, so I would stick with my daily limit and leave a little extra there for others who were still coming in this morning. I am sure more than a few people did the repeat visit trick, but to each their own. And oddly enough I saw at least 10 customers shopping for other things and not buying any 22 ammo. I was tempted to hand them some cash and say GO! LOL

Then later today a friend stopped by there around 2:45 pm. She doesn't know much about guns or ammo but she called me and said that the ammo section was swamped with people and everything was being grabbed up quickly, so she suspected a big sale was happening.

I asked her to buy me another Remington Golden Bullets 1400 rd. bucket for $69.99 but she didn't see anything like that. She asked an employee for the 1400 rd. bucket and he directed her to a green ammo can with 1600 rds. of CCI Mini Mag hollow point for $119.99. I could hear him in the background saying that was the only bucket they had left, but it's hard to say for sure as it sounded a little chaotic there and they might not have understood her or just shown her anything, as she doesn't know the difference. The CCI ammo can was a little steep working out to $37.50 per brick of 500, but still not bad for the good CCI stuff and cheaper than buying the same amount of CCI in the 100-rd. packs which would have cost $127.84 without an ammo can. So she got me one of those cans.

Then I asked her to look for any 100-rd. packs which were being sold for $7.99 earlier in the morning. She couldn't see anything like that so she asked for help again, and the employee said all they had left was the CCI Velocitor 50-rd. packs for $7.99. I have never used CCI Velocitor and that price seemed pretty steep, but she said folks were grabbing it up fast and it was almost gone, so I had her get me 5 boxes of it anyway just so I could check it out. If it doesn't look good for my shooting needs then I will return it or sell it to someone else that might need it.

I also know someone that works there, and he told me that they had a lot of pallets of 22 LR in the back still, and that they were saving it so they can put some out each day and satisfy as many people as possible. I thought the store handled the whole thing rather well, and the store manager and district manager were both on hand and were super polite. The store manager explained that Gander Mountain had originally decided to do this grand opening without any 22 LR ammo, but the district manager insisted on getting some so he rattled cages until they shipped him a bunch. The district manager came out and confirmed this story, saying that he knew the 22 LR was what everyone was looking for, so he didn't want to disappoint anyone.

It was my first time in a Gander store, and I came away with a very positive impression. The store was huge, selection amazing, employees super friendly and polite, management had the right attitudes. So I actually shopped around for a while before I left, looking to spend some other money with them as a sort of thank-you for the ammo deals, but I just couldn't find anything else I needed. I did find a few really cool luxury items which I would love to have, but they were priced very high compared to their competition so I passed those up. I wouldn't mind spending a little more to give them the extra business but the things I am talking about were like 30% higher than what I could find it for elsewhere. So I will definitely go back there and buy stuff from them eventually, especially when they run some sales, and I am happy to have another huge store in the area that sells guns and ammo.
[quote name="Hershmeister" post="1155213" timestamp="1401834356"]Any milsurp rifles in stock? Mosins?[/quote] The entire back wall of the store was lined with long guns. Maybe 1000 of them. Lots of new modern stuff, high end, ARs, shotguns, etc. But I didn't have enough time to stay and shop the guns, had to meet someone afterwards. I did look at a few gun prices in the sales flyer handout which were fairly decent for a big retailer, and I saw a few average priced handguns in the glass cases. Someone said they had a new S&W AR for $729. Didn't see any milsurp stuff except ammo cans, but wasn't looking at guns so maybe they do have some.
Worker told me they have 2100 guns in stock. I was pleased with the ammo and accessories selection. But the $599 used Glock made me cringe. Oh well, it's close to my house and will soon have reloading supplies I'm told

I had arrived one hour before they opened, and I really only went because a good friend of mine was going and I didn't want him to stand in line alone. While in line we heard someone saying that several of the folks arriving early were known to go to every grand opening and snap up all the ammo they could get, as well as camping at other stores early in the morning whenever they heard of ammo being shipped. Sure enough, a fair number of older dudes arrived and many knew each other by name, and they were chatting about all of their previous 22 LR scores from other stores. I didn't begrudge them anything, just figured it must be a benefit of being retired and/or having the time and means to travel and camp at stores early enough to buy up more ammo than the average guy. They all seemed polite enough, no pushing or shoving, and you never know who might plan on reselling vs. just wanting to shoot a lot. I heard several guys say they were stocking up to take friends or kids shooting, which is what I do myself.

As I was leaving the store this morning, several customers were overheard saying that you could complete your ammo purchase, leave the store, and then come back in and check out at a different register and nobody would know, so you would get twice the allowed limit. I believe this was true, as it was pretty hectic and the store is huge, and they weren't checking licenses or anything at checkout. I told the guys nearest me that I would like to have more ammo (who wouldn't), but I was content to at least get some at fair prices, so I would stick with my daily limit and leave a little extra there for others who were still coming in this morning. I am sure more than a few people did the repeat visit trick, but to each their own. And oddly enough I saw at least 10 customers shopping for other things and not buying any 22 ammo. I was tempted to hand them some cash and say GO! LOL

Then later today a friend stopped by there around 2:45 pm. She doesn't know much about guns or ammo but she called me and said that the ammo section was swamped with people and everything was being grabbed up quickly, so she suspected a big sale was happening.

I asked her to buy me another Remington Golden Bullets 1400 rd. bucket for $69.99 but she didn't see anything like that. She asked an employee for the 1400 rd. bucket and he directed her to a green ammo can with 1600 rds. of CCI Mini Mag hollow point for $119.99. I could hear him in the background saying that was the only bucket they had left, but it's hard to say for sure as it sounded a little chaotic there and they might not have understood her or just shown her anything, as she doesn't know the difference. The CCI ammo can was a little steep working out to $37.50 per brick of 500, but still not bad for the good CCI stuff and cheaper than buying the same amount of CCI in the 100-rd. packs which would have cost $127.84 without an ammo can. So she got me one of those cans.

Then I asked her to look for any 100-rd. packs which were being sold for $7.99 earlier in the morning. She couldn't see anything like that so she asked for help again, and the employee said all they had left was the CCI Velocitor 50-rd. packs for $7.99. I have never used CCI Velocitor and that price seemed pretty steep, but she said folks were grabbing it up fast and it was almost gone, so I had her get me 5 boxes of it anyway just so I could check it out. If it doesn't look good for my shooting needs then I will return it or sell it to someone else that might need it.

I also know someone that works there, and he told me that they had a lot of pallets of 22 LR in the back still, and that they were saving it so they can put some out each day and satisfy as many people as possible. I thought the store handled the whole thing rather well, and the store manager and district manager were both on hand and were super polite. The store manager explained that Gander Mountain had originally decided to do this grand opening without any 22 LR ammo, but the district manager insisted on getting some so he rattled cages until they shipped him a bunch. The district manager came out and confirmed this story, saying that he knew the 22 LR was what everyone was looking for, so he didn't want to disappoint anyone.

It was my first time in a Gander store, and I came away with a very positive impression. The store was huge, selection amazing, employees super friendly and polite, management had the right attitudes. So I actually shopped around for a while before I left, looking to spend some other money with them as a sort of thank-you for the ammo deals, but I just couldn't find anything else I needed. I did find a few really cool luxury items which I would love to have, but they were priced very high compared to their competition so I passed those up. I wouldn't mind spending a little more to give them the extra business but the things I am talking about were like 30% higher than what I could find it for elsewhere. So I will definitely go back there and buy stuff from them eventually, especially when they run some sales, and I am happy to have another huge store in the area that sells guns and ammo.

I was in there about noon and the 1400 round were gone.  I got one of the 1600 cci ammo cans.  7.5 cents for cci plus the ammo can is not bad.  I also talked to one of the corporate guys.  He said they are keeping some 22 back to put out each day until the grand opening.  They also had just been allocated another large shipment of 22 so that they will have plenty thru there grand opening.  Their grand opening is not this coming weekend but the following, 13th 14th and 15th.

Went there with my friend again this morning, arrived about 1 hour before opening, we were the first in line. By the time the store opened there were about 20 other guys, almost all retired folks. Everyone was polite except for 2-3 middle age guys that cut in front of us to rush inside when they opened the door, but there was no need for that as they had enough inventory (and the same daily limits) to take care of everyone. The only bulk packs they had were Winchester 325 rd. packs for $19.99 (limit 1). No more 100 rd. packs anywhere to be seen, but they did have CCI standard velocity 50 rd. pack for $4.99 and Blazer 50 rd. pack for $2.99 (both limit 10). Plus a few various premium specialty types for $8-$15 per box of 50. This time the store was much less crowded so I shopped around longer to checkout all the guns and other cool gear. Absolutely amazing selection, easily 800-1000 handguns in stock! I really wanted to buy something else besides the ammo to reward them for selling the 22 lr at fair prices, but the gun prices were the highest I've ever seen, probably on par with Franklin gun shop (although I haven't ever gone back to Franklin after my one and only visit there years ago). They did have some used guns but all of these were actually priced the same as the new guns which were on sale just a few hundred feet away, except for a few in very rough shape. No milsurp guns that I could see anywhere. They did have a lot of really nice clothing including North Face and Under Armor shirts, NRA shirts, 5.11 tactical gear, and lots of firearms manufacturer logo stuff. Unfortunately all the shirts that were reasonably priced (on sale) were not my style. But I did find a very nice mesh shooting vest on sale for $29.99 ($10 off) so I snagged that. While checking out at the front of the store, some guy cut in front of us with 4 boxes of the 22 bulk pack ammo (3 over the limit) and nothing else. He knew he was wrong because he was hiding those boxes up his sleeves. We watched in amusement waiting for him to get shutdown, because every employee had been drilling all the customers with the limit rules on the sales floor, and they had signs explaining the limits literally everywhere including each checkout, and one real big sign right next to the counter where this guy set his ammo down. But to our complete shock he was cheerfully checked out with no issue and nary a comment or question. So we checked out with our daily limit, then I politely asked the clerk which helped him if we were in fact allowed to buy more than 1 of those. She wasn't sure so she asked another clerk who immediately said absolutely not, and showed her the huge sign just inches in front of her checkout. She said she made a mistake and apologized. I told her it was OK, we are all human, it's just frustrating to see people breaking the rules deliberately and being allowed to get away with it. If you need 22 lr I'd recommend making it out to Gander Mountain soon, preferably early when they first open.
Yes, I was there as well. Did get a bulk pak and some cci standards. Might go back tomorrow if time permits.

And yes, it is a very nice store. Very friendly staff, and all but one checker smiled and greeted me as I left.
Went this afternoon (around 330) and they had no 22LR out. Overheard someone say they had sold their stock for the day much earlier (didn't say what time though). I looked around and left empty handed. Store was nice and clean, lots of guns, shirts, etc. Seemingly friendly staff. Was really hoping for some .22 but I guess I was kidding myself. Kind of a shame you have to be there before they open to get any. Puts the workin' man with "normal" business/work hours at a disadvantage I'd say.
[quote name="npgunner" post="1155544" timestamp="1401924008"]Kind of a shame you have to be there before they open to get any. Puts the workin' man with "normal" business/work hours at a disadvantage I'd say.[/quote] On Tuesday they had it in stock all day until at least 3pm and they had held some back to put out mid-day, and then today it was in stock until at least noon. There will likely be some for sale every weekday morning when they open at 9, at least for an hour or so, and on many weekdays until noon depending on traffic. And their official grand opening is next weekend, so you can bet they will bring out the big guns then (new shipment arrives). So you don't need to camp out or get there before they open, just plan some time in your day to go there one morning soon, or have someone else stop there for you. If you can only shop at night or on weekends and you can't find someone to go for you, then you will probably be waiting a long while to score some 22 lr. The days of leisurely shopping at your convenience and buying 22 lr on demand are long gone, probably for a few years yet. At least in this case you know when it will be there, and where, unlike Walmart which is open round the clock and gets very small shipments, with only a select few knowing when it will be put out. Good luck!

I anticipate being in the area late afternoon / early evening (or prevening as Sheldon would say for "Big Bang Theory" fans) on Saturday.  For those who've been there this week, would I be delusional to think there might be some .22 around at that time?

I anticipate being in the area late afternoon / early evening (or prevening as Sheldon would say for "Big Bang Theory" fans) on Saturday.  For those who've been there this week, would I be delusional to think there might be some .22 around at that time?

Can't hurt to stop by, but I would put your chances of finding any on the floor in the late afternoon or evening between slim and none. They typically re-stock the store at night and early morning, and then maybe put out a little more mid-day after the morning rush. But if there was any left on the shelves after 2pm or so, it would quickly be snapped up by the many more customers that shop during that time. So if you really want to increase your chances you have to go when they first open, or soon thereafter. Good luck!

Any 9mm? Currently in need of 9mm and 5.56 (but I'll get some from ammoman)..

Yeah, they had a bunch of both every time I was there. Cheapest 9mm brass reloadable was Remington 115 gr. MC which was on sale for $14 per 50 rounds. Not sure about the 5.56 but they had lots of ammo in stock, lots of brands and types to choose from.
Was at the Murfreesboro gun show today, got there as soon as they opened. Pretty good crowd, and nearly 7 out of 10 folks coming in the door had one or more guns for sale or trade. I saw Sam running the reloading booth for David, although for some reason they had a lot less product at this show so I wasn't able to stock up on some things that I might have normally grabbed. No worries, I will get them next time.

There were at least 30 dealers selling .22 LR ammo at this show. About half of these dealers didn't have any prices marked on the .22 LR (even though many of their other items were priced). I didn't bother asking those guys for their .22 LR prices because I figured if they were asking a fair price they would have just marked it and sold it quickly. For all the other dealers which did have their .22 LR prices marked, nearly all of them were asking $0.10 per round or $50 per brick regardless of brand or type. I actually took all of this as a good sign for the following reasons:

- The .22 LR supply levels must be recovering at least a bit, as there were many more dealers with .22 LR for sale at this show than I have seen for sale anywhere in over 2 years. And most of these dealers had several brands and types in stock, not just one obscure kind. Nearly every brand and load type was available at this show if you were willing to pay the asking price, so at least the selection was good.
- While still high, the most common asking price of $0.10 per round is still much lower than many of the crazy price-gouging resellers who had been asking (and often getting) up to $0.15 or even $0.20 per round! So the dealers are at least starting to lower their prices.
- And the best news of all... I was at the show for several hours and I only saw one guy actually buying .22 LR ammo. Most of the dealers with .22 LR in stock were not selling any, including those at $50 per brick. So the dealers will soon realize that the demand for over-priced .22 LR is now drying up, thus they will be forced to lower their prices again soon or they will be sitting on the ammo for a long while.

As far as Gander Mountain goes, you really need to try first thing in the morning after they open at 9am, preferably on a weekday. Shopping at the most popular heavy-traffic times (evenings and weekends) and expecting to find a rare and high-demand product in stock cheap is just not likely to be successful. Good luck to all those in the hunt.

Stopped by about 6pm and the only .22 out was a few shorts.  One of the salesman (they were very helpful and attentive I must say) saw me looking and said next time they'll have any out is Friday the 13th for the grand opening.  Lots of other ammo but the prices weren't that great IMHO.  

I went over there Saturday around lunch time. The only .22LR was Federal match ammo at $25 per box of 50, but they had plenty of shorts, stil, LOL. They didn't even have any .22 mag left. The rest of their ammo was still cheaper than gun store prices, but not as cheap as Walmart. There was enough brass 9mm, .40, and .45 at reasonable prices to start a small war, but their brass .223/5.56 was about the same price as gun stores usually charge or what Midway would charge with shipping for a single box. Now that I think about it, just about everything there was about on par with prices at Dick's, Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's, etc. I'm sure there's some exceptions, but that's what I noticed about the things I shopped for and knew the prices of. It's not realistic for me to expect them to be as cheap as Walmart or websites without stores.