Murfreesboro GS 6/7&8/2014

Last Summer only a few of the air units  were working for the whole building,a few of us rented a table for the weekend and packed

up and left buy two pm on Saturday. I lost about 10 pounds and it was only about 90 degrees and no air moving with the other

side of building worse yet. If you have been there before you know to get in at open and leave by ten. it has been that  way the

last few years,doubt it it fixed yet.

Last Summer only a few of the air units  were working for the whole building,a few of us rented a table for the weekend and packed

up and left buy two pm on Saturday. I lost about 10 pounds and it was only about 90 degrees and no air moving with the other

side of building worse yet. If you have been there before you know to get in at open and leave by ten. it has been that  way the

last few years,doubt it it fixed yet.

Last gun show there was nice and cool - why would they not fix it? I'll be there probably first thing saturday morning.

I went this morning. Grabbed some bullets from Sam, and a couple things from Ken. One thing that I saw that really surprised me was the ammo prices. Specifically, bulk steel cased Russian stuff. I saw several instances where 9mm Tula and .223 and x39 Wolf were almost competitive with online bulk prices. I didn't expect that.

The air conditioning was definitely working. The left side of the building was freezing, the right side was warmer especially where they were cooking and by the condenser to the right of the entrance. I don't even know why the condenser is inside of the building.

Pretty good show. Not as many hunting and general shooting guns as there were black tactical artillery. Boxed ammo prices seemed high. I did not see one Savage model 24 or TC Contender there. Saw one Bond Arms with a $400 tag on it. Quite a few 10/22s, but most were pricey. Fresh wooden case box of matching number Mosin Nagants, I believe that was what they were...I did not investigate. Didn't see the guy with the coffins and ARs there. Some brass, but no .22 Hornet that I was looking for. I was also looking for some 7-30 Waters brass or hunting ammo, and didn't see any. The crowd was pretty manageable... not too bad. Most all venders I talked with were helpful and polite. Some military clothing there but not too much. I was looking for one of the canvas tank tool bags, with the zipper on top, large size, and no one had one. I was also looking for a hard case to put a Contender in, with a 14" barrel with scope installed, and three other barrels...one with scope installed, but they were all 14" or less...and not hard cases. Quite a few "walk around" guns, but I didn't price any. Didn't see too many people looking at them. Inside temp was pleasant...and I left around 2:30 - 3:00 PM. All in all, a pretty good show. I met someone there to buy two "older" Buck knives, and I picked up a couple of 50 Cal ammo cans for $10 each. Didn't eat anything, so I can't report on that...but did see some exhibitors eating some pretty fancy looking hotdogs. Made me want one, but I was in "hot pursuit" of the a-fore mentioned stuff, so I passed. Nice afternoon of entertainment and gawking at stuff I couldn't afford...I've already been through two divorces! Just kidding...grab the little lady or significant other, and head on over...but don't expect any free stuff...there ain't none there!

Was at the Murfreesboro gun show Saturday as soon as they opened. Pretty good crowd, and nearly 7 out of 10 folks coming in the door had one or more guns for sale or trade. The AC was definitely working, I stayed until noon and was not uncomfortable despite the crowd. Wasn't cold or chilly, but also not warm, maybe 72-74 degrees. I saw Sam running the reloading booth for David, although for some reason they had a lot less product at this show so I wasn't able to stock up on some things that I might have normally grabbed. No worries, I will get them next time. Saw some good prices on ammo cans, 9mm ammo, and even a few guns. Purchased some desiccant bags, belly band holster, 50 bmg bullets, and a gun from hvbike (super guy). There were at least 30 dealers selling .22 LR ammo at this show. About half of these dealers didn't have any prices marked on the .22 LR (even though many of their other items were priced). I didn't bother asking those guys for their .22 LR prices because I figured if they were asking a fair price they would have just marked it and sold it quickly. For all the other dealers which did have their .22 LR prices marked, nearly all of them were asking $0.10 per round or $50 per brick regardless of brand or type. I actually took all of this as a good sign for the following reasons: - The .22 LR supply levels must be recovering at least a bit, as there were many more dealers with .22 LR for sale at this show than I have seen for sale anywhere in over 2 years. And most of these dealers had several brands and types in stock, not just one obscure kind. Nearly every brand and load type was available at this show if you were willing to pay the asking price, so at least the selection was good. - While still high, the most common asking price of $0.10 per round is still much lower than many of the crazy price-gouging resellers who had been asking (and often getting) up to $0.15 or even $0.20 per round! So the dealers are at least starting to lower their prices. - And the best news of all... I was at the show for several hours and I only saw one guy actually buying .22 LR ammo. Most of the dealers with .22 LR in stock were not selling any, including those at $50 per brick. So the dealers will soon realize that the demand for over-priced .22 LR is now drying up, thus they will be forced to lower their prices again soon or they will be sitting on the ammo for a long while.
  • Like 1