Gun dealers in TN?

Guest cynical brit

Guest cynical brit

If you make your way further west, let us know. I'm sure a member or two would be happy to take you out for a range day, at least I would.

Have car, will travel! Going to drive to the JD distillery one day so sure something can be arranged! :D

You won't happen to be here around July 4, will you?

Sadly no, it's early August. Something special happen on the 4th? I know it's Independence day, but what really goes on?  

Have car, will travel! Going to drive to the JD distillery one day so sure something can be arranged! :D

Sadly no, it's early August. Something special happen on the 4th? I know it's Independence day, but what really goes on?

Well, besides the slight bit of humor that Whitewolf picked up on referencing Independence Day, a group of friends usually gets together around the holiday with a variety of firearms for some safe, fun celebration. Not very far from where you'll be staying, too.

We usually try to invite some people who may not have been exposed to firearms. Obviously you have been, but probably not the types that we will have.

Oh well, maybe next time you visit. Edited by Clod Stomper
[quote name="cynical brit" post="1157210" timestamp="1402398232"]Have car, will travel! Going to drive to the JD distillery one day so sure something can be arranged! :D Sadly no, it's early August. Something special happen on the 4th? I know it's Independence day, but what really goes on? [/quote] Lemme know in advance and I will try to setup a range day with me and my bud whom is a dealer with some fun range toys. Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.

Good luck Cyn., iffin ya want, there is a Bass Pro 4 miles from the Nashville airport. I saw some fellas in there getting their pictures taken with a S&W 500. I felt so bad for em, just a picture.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lawson1984

Now there's some offers I won't be able to refuse, thanks a lot! 

I was already looking at local(ish) ranges and Sevierville has a pistol range. Would be absolutely awesome to try some "proper" guns :D

Struggling to find any public clay shooting grounds though, as the girlfriend loves it as much as me thought I'd try and find somewhere we can enjoy ourselves.

Guest Lawson1984

Hey guys first post on TN Gun Owners. I'm looking for a AR 15 Billit lower. Preferably made by Noveske, Seekins or Mega 

I would like to purchase this from a private owner. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Hey guys first post on TN Gun Owners. I'm looking for a AR 15 Billit lower. Preferably made by Noveske, Seekins or Mega 
I would like to purchase this from a private owner. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Classified section would be the best place too start. Since its a lower it would be in the firearms section.

Welcome to TGO by the way. :wave:
  • 1 month later...
Guest cynical brit

Hi again guys, long time since I posted. Just been getting everything sorted for the trip really!

I'll be getting on the plane on the 9th, so not long to go now!

Now...If any of those offers are still open to play with some fun toys, how to best get in contact, on here?

I'll be there for 10 days so there's the window of opportunity! :D

Cheers

Guest cynical brit

Shoot me a pm as long in advance as you can to set a time place and date. We'll have fun.

Spot on, once I've settled there for a day or two and figured out what's going on I'll get in touch. Much appreciated :)

A new gun shop recently opened up in severiville... Buds gun shop. I don't know if they'll have your barrel, but it would be worth checking them out since they are close to where you're staying.

I'll send them off an email to see if they could get me one in while I'm staying there, thanks for the heads up.

Guest cynical brit
Spoken to the missus about the gun show in knoxville and she's really keen. What am I likely to expect there, as obviously we have nothing like that in the UK. Only thing I could compare it to would be country shows where shotguns is about as far as it goes.

Hopefully buying a barrel personally won't be as big of an issue as a government buying container loads, and I'm guessing they were military spec guns?

Spoken to the missus about the gun show in knoxville and she's really keen. What am I likely to expect there, as obviously we have nothing like that in the UK. Only thing I could compare it to would be country shows where shotguns is about as far as it goes.

Hopefully buying a barrel personally won't be as big of an issue as a government buying container loads, and I'm guessing they were military spec guns?

Prepare to have your mind blown.

• Like 1

Maybe 150 vendors with stuff spread over maybe 300 six foot tables and stacked up behind them, on walls, everywhere.  New guns, old guns, ammo, reloading, every kind of firearm accessory you can imagine., Plus a hundred folks walking around and hanging out outside wanted to buy/sell/swab personal firearms.

About 10 percent "other", quite a few knife sellers, and folks selling everything from jerky to jewelry.

Definitely a must see for furriners who can't go to anything remotely like it back home. :)

- OS

• Like 2

What am I likely to expect there, as obviously we have nothing like that in the UK.
You will quickly get used to hearing the sound of tasers going off, the people you sell them love to show them off. If it's busy and you're walking the middle aisles be prepared to be nuts to butt with some less than hygienic people. Oh, and you'll get a lovely viewing of our childhood obesity problem here I the states. All that aside, it really is an experience that I enjoy. I try to get out there whenever I'm not working, even if I'm not looking to buy anything.
  • 1 month later...
Guest cynical brit

Hi all, well this is waaaaay over due, and apologize for the delay but since getting back from Tennessee things have just happened to not give me much spare time (a lot of work, and illness) Things have finally calmed down, so I thought I should get round to doing this!

First of all I would like to thank all those who offered to take me to a range, and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, but as time was such an issue out there I could really only take up the offer from one person, and that person was Oh Shoot.

Not only did this top guy give me a running commentary of every single gun at the Knoxville Gun Show, which was absolutely awesome and literally jaw dropping when I walked into the hall, he also took me to the Moose range for me and my girlfriend to try out some, as he put it "some really cool ####" and he wasn't wrong!

At the show I met Mac outside, along with I think John, I'm terrible with names so forgive me if I'm wrong! We spent about 2 hours at the show, and I was literally like a fat kid in a sweet shop :D One of the main reasons for going to this show was to get a barrel for my 870 (as per thread title) and after walking up rows and rows of swords/knives/mortars/50 cal machine guns/pistols and not seeing one, I'd given up hope. Mac at this point had offered to just sell me one of his barrels, as he had a couple spare and as he put it "It's a hell of a lot easier for me to get another barrel!". However, I then came to the last row, and low and behold there, in front of my eyes sitting on a table was an almost new (guess it's had a box of cartridges through it if that!) 870 barrel, with remchoke and 28". PERFECT!

So after leaving the show with a grin stretching 4 foot wide, we headed over to the range (John, Mac, myself and Ellie), where we met Gordon? A moderator on here known as Dolomite_supafly (again I think!) Gordon was already there with some awesome stuff, I got battered to hell with a Saiga, how people can shoot shotguns with a tactical stock I'll never know :D a short AK with what can only be described as a long redbull can as a stock and some .22 rifle and pistol, that took his custom silencer, which was erm...silent. I felt like a spy, COOL :D

After a little splurge of shooting some targets that were already up, we placed out some jars, clays, paper targets and tin cans to annihilate, and that we did! Mac gave me the privilege of shooting different caliber AR's and a multitude of pistols (Including the big boy 45 magnum), god damn that thing kicks! AK's, Glocks, Beretta's, Colts just to name some (tbh I can't remember all the names!) Hopefully with the pictures you'll be able to identify them.

Anyway, before I bore everyone to death, I would like to finish up and say a massive thank you to Mac, John and Gordon for giving me and the other half such an incredible day, it really won't be forgotten.

I'll get some pictures up by the end of today hopefully!

Again, thank you for your generosity and hospitality.

Ben 

IMG_20140816_215835.jpg

IMG-20140816-WA0004.jpg

IMG_20140816_171203.jpg

IMG_20140816_170743.jpg

IMG_20140816_170657.jpg

IMG_20140816_151121.jpg

IMG_20140816_150006.jpg

IMG_20140816_145956.jpg

IMG-20140816-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20140816_223401.jpg

Edit, these are just the pics from my phone, Ellie has a fair few more on her's just need to get them off of it! :D

Edited by cynical brit