New Trading Post Question

I've been a member here for a few months, but don't post much. Two days ago, as per the rules in effect at the time, I made a contribution as a benefactor so I could list a pickup truck and a couple guns for sale. This evening I find my two-day-old ad has been moved to the archives and I am not allowed to start a thread to list the guns. Would it not be fair if there were a "grandfather clause" for those like me who followed the rules that were in effect before the change?

Edited by Mausermeister
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

You're assuming that the rules have changed. They have not. Therefore there is nothing to grandfather in. I just checked and your account should be allowed to post. Are you using the new Classified section or are you trying to post in the old forums marked as Archives?

There is a huge difference.

Also, a rather prominent notice about all of this was posted in our Announcements forum.

It really sounds to me like you're trying to use the old forums and that isn't going to work as has been explained in that announcement. If you are trying to use the new system and it's not letting you, then you need to copy and paste any error message you're getting so that we can figure it out.

Please advise.

• Administrator

Actually I just noticed an error in the way that one of the permissions was implemented. Despite the fact that your account should have been able to post an advertisement, it wasn't working that way. I think it's fixed now but I will need for you to try it and confirm.

Sorry.

tungsten - On a regular post it has the 'where' field included in the panel for the posters information. This is pretty important because most of these trades / sales are FTF and people are accustomed to not placing where they are located in the advertisement. I noticed there is a user information section in the new classified format but it doesn't have this information. Could we get that added?

Thanks

• Administrator

Pirate, I hadn't noticed that it wasn't showing that and when I did, it seemed rather silly that it wasn't provided out of the box. I did some rooting around in the PHP code and joined a few extra tables from the vBulletin database to make it work.

Thanks for the suggestion. :up:

PS: Showing the member's location is conditional upon the member having their location defined in their vB profile. If they left that field blank, then the location row won't even be shown in the classified ad listing. I did it this way to keep the ad listing a little less cluttered.

Oh, and the vBClassified author was impressed enough with this addition to state that he's going to use the code in a future re-write of the software. ;)

Oh, and the vBClassified author was impressed enough with this addition to state that he's going to use the code in a future re-write of the software. :up:

Well, good on you, impressive!

How 'bout tweaking Windows Vista a little in your spare time so that it runs well on something less than a Cray?

- OS

Pirate, I hadn't noticed that it wasn't showing that and when I did, it seemed rather silly that it wasn't provided out of the box. I did some rooting around in the PHP code and joined a few extra tables from the vBulletin database to make it work.

Thanks for the suggestion. :stare:...

Great...

It's working for me now and I'm able to post new threads. Thanks.

I did notice that Russian AK listed in the classifieds is no longer available for viewing since it's apparently sold. I never even got to see the listing. I'm not in the market for one, but I like looking at the pics and keeping up with what things sell for, even if it's something I'm not particularly interested in. Anyway it can be fixed where someone can still view the listing after the sale?

I did notice that Russian AK listed in the classifieds is no longer available for viewing since it's apparently sold. I never even got to see the listing. I'm not in the market for one, but I like looking at the pics and keeping up with what things sell for, even if it's something I'm not particularly interested in. Anyway it can be fixed where someone can still view the listing after the sale?

Check back later to view the listing.or you can visit his archived listing if you are just curious as to the details.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12619

• Administrator

Yes, there is an option for that and I'll get it set up sometime this weekend. I've got a long list of changes to make and will be doing them all at once. Got family in town right now so my Internet time is a little limited, but I'll get it done.