HK VP9 - might have to give this striker fired thing another try

hlb14

Man, got to shoot it this weekend...it is such a pleasure to shoot.  The trigger feels so much better when actually shooting, not that it feels bad when dry firing.  The accuracy is outstanding.  At 7 yards I was shooting quick 5 shot strings (2.5 to 3 seconds) into 2 inch groups.  At 40 yards, I was hitting soda cans with amazing regularity.  Yes, i know this isn't scientific, but I honestly shoot this pistol better than any other I have had, and with no practice at all.  Right out of the box I was on the pop cans.  

I really don't think anyone would be disappointed with one of these once they shoot it.  

Guest dondavis3

I might suggest that you consider / look at the new Sig P320 striker fired gun.

SigSauerP3202.jpg

They have been being delivered for about 3 months now and are fine striker fired guns.

:cool:

Not a fan of the 320. We got one at work and it is huge. BTW, I got mine.

1235007_10203819715887681_59686743321434

And lastly,

Given the current state of the striker-fire market, HK's being "late to the party" might work out in their favor...Glock and M&P are passed out on the floor in their own vomit; HK just stepped in with the Sharpie. Someone's going to wake up with a "koch" on their face.

• Like 3

Not a fan of the 320. We got one at work and it is huge. BTW, I got mine.

1235007_10203819715887681_59686743321434

And lastly,

Given the current state of the striker-fire market, HK's being "late to the party" might work out in their favor...Glock and M&P are passed out on the floor in their own vomit; HK just stepped in with the Sharpie. Someone's going to wake up with a "koch" on their face.

You stayed up all night thinking of that one, didn't you? 

I finally got to handle a VP9,im not knocking it but its a whole lot of hype for a Glock copy

The grip was great so were the sights and I liked the odd mag release  the trigger felt no better than

any glock I own with a Ghost rocket 15.00 trigger bar.. I will get to shoot one soon,I hope its as accurate as my 

CZ75..we shall see

• Moderators
So I went and looked at one a few minutes ago. I liked it but I just dunno! Glock has so much to support it (track history, accessories, magazines, etc). I WANT one of these VP9's. Does anyone in Cleveland have one I could shoot? Or should I just buy one?

If they made one in 10mm, I would dump my G20 in a hot minute.  No knock on Glocks, if you like the Glock grip, then the advantages of the VP9 will be minor for you.  If you don't like a Glock grip, then the VP9 is a HUGE upgrade for $50 over a new G19/17.  Plus it has nightsights.  

There was a shop on Slickguns selling them for $575 the other day.  I suspect they will settle in about $550-560 when the hype dies down.  I paid $600 for mine, but it was worth it to have it early.  Its gotten out of hand from there!VP9.jpg

• Like 1
Mag extension is a Taylor Freelance +5. It's the p30 model (same mag). No problem so far, but only run one mag dump with it at this point.

The threaded barrels are through hkparts.net. They are aftermarket, which is fine with me because I don't want a poly barrel for my suppressor. I'd rather shoot lead bullets.
  • Like 1
[quote name="atlas3025" post="1181723" timestamp="1408585197"]Mag extension is a Taylor Freelance +5. It's the p30 model (same mag). No problem so far, but only run one mag dump with it at this point. The threaded barrels are through hkparts.net. They are aftermarket, which is fine with me because I don't want a poly barrel for my suppressor. I'd rather shoot lead bullets.[/quote] Have you run it with the suppressor yet? Just wondered. I've heard a few malfunctions with the aftermarket threaded barrel. But could be isolated. What suppressor is that?

Have you run it with the suppressor yet? Just wondered. I've heard a few malfunctions with the aftermarket threaded barrel. But could be isolated. What suppressor is that?

The pictured suppressor is a 9mm K-baffle can made by a local company called Long Range Precision.  It runs a gem-tech booster.  I ran 50 rounds through it on the VP9. All ammo was Fiocchi 147 Gr FMJ's. 

I also ran another 50 of the same ammo through a YHM Cobra M2 .45 can on the pistol.  No malfs of any-kind.  So far I have put about 330 rounds total through it (including the 100 suppressed) without a malf.  Not a big sample size, obviously.  

Of all the ammo shot through the gun, 30 rounds were Hornady Critical Duty 135 +p.  The rest was PMC Bronce, 115 FMJs.  Again, those were all un-suppressed using the stock barrel.  

Only the Fiocchi 147's have been ran through the suppressors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...