‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/06/03/open-carry-gun-fight-moves-to-target-stores/

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the Michael Bloomberg-funded gun-control group that shamed Starbucks and Chipotle into asking customers to leave their guns at home, is setting its sights on the Target chain.

The group turned its focus to Target after gun-rights groups advocating open-carry laws in Texas photographed themselves shopping at Dallas-area Target stores toting rifles strapped over their shoulders.

“Moms have their eye on Target because it’s a place we take our children to shop — and we’ve been disturbed by some of the demonstrations that gun extremists have held with loaded rifles inside and outside some stores. Assault rifles have no place in the baby aisle,” said Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group.

The group is poised to launch a campaign on social media to pressure Target. The group also held protests in front of local franchises during its efforts to influence Starbucks and other outlets.

The National Rifle Association last week warned Open Carry Texas against staging demonstrations in stores, calling them “downright weird” and “not neighborly.” (Update: The NRA on Tuesday apologized for the comment.)

The Bloomberg-funded group aims to take advantage of the rift between the gun rights groups.

“We’re surprised that Target hasn’t already taken action to prohibit these displays — especially since the NRA has already spoken out on this front,” Ms. Soto Lamb said.

Target, which boasts on its website that between 80% and 90% of its customers are women, has no restrictions on customers carrying guns in its stores. Spokeswoman Molly Snyder said Tuesday that Target has not been in contact with Moms Demand Action.

“The safety and security of our guests and team members is our highest priority,” Ms. Snyder said. “Target does not sell firearms or ammunition, and while I do not have information specific to this organization to share, what I can tell you is that Target is committed to following all state and federal laws.”

The Moms group, launched after the Dec. 2012 school massacre at Newtown, Conn., hasn’t gained much traction from its effort to influence members of Congress, despite sustained efforts to write and call the Capitol. But it did get the Starbucks, Chipotle and Jack in the Box chains to ask customers to not bring guns into their stores – though none of the chains issued outright bans.

“When Americans actually see what’s happening they get angry,” said Shannon Watts, who founded the Moms group before joining with Mr. Bloomberg’s gun control operation. “Some of this is about showing the public what’s going on and the implication of these lax laws.” Edited by JohnC
Sadly I don't think these are anti gunners. They are the same kind of bafoon that thinks they're helping the medical marijuana movement by dressing in their finest stained tye-dye and doing bong loads at the state capital and blasting Phish out of their weak ass Prius sound systems.

These kind of idjits exist on both the right and left it seems.
  • Like 2

These f*ckwads have to be anti gunners.  No pro-gun guy in his right mind would cause this much bad press.

I'm thinking the same thing.

I do wonder about it. As it sure does rouse a lot of opposition to gun rights groups everywhere.
8uqu5e9a.jpg This is a picture of these oxygen thieves. My wife said she'd be creeped out by these two weirdo looking dudes hanging out in the kiddie section even without the guns and dressed nicely. Seriously, they took AR15s and hung out in the baby section to scare the s*** out of new mothers. And this isn't yielding positive results??? I really want to punch these people in the mouth. Cowardly sacks of skin trying to intimidate women. They need to be raped to death by a herd of rhinos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

All they have to do is keep it up and they will lose the right. So it's my understanding they are doing this to get the right to open carry pistols ? Is that right ? Two rights will make a wrong.

If Texas takes this right away from these bafoons I don't think the will give the open carry but may force the to go concealed carry if they are lucky that is................jmho

i copied this from the first link in OS's post. Stop and read it real close and I think you will see it the same way I do. One particular sentence stands out which leads me to believe that all of the things we are seeing are all staged by Bloomberg money paid individuals on the left to act out these schemes.....Read it slow and let it sink in.

After a string of victories at fast food chains in recent weeks, gun control activists are renewing pressure on discount giant Target TGT +0.54% to ban firearms in its stores.

Michael Bloomberg-backed Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America has launched a campaign asking Target to ban the open carrying of guns in its stores just as news emerges out of South Carolina adding urgency to their mission.

I think the first sentence says it all...............jmho

i copied this from the first link in OS's post. Stop and read it real close and I think you will see it the same way I do. One particular sentence stands out which leads me to believe that all of the things we are seeing are all staged by Bloomberg money paid individuals on the left to act out these schemes.....Read it slow and let it sink in.

After a string of victories at fast food chains in recent weeks, gun control activists are renewing pressure on discount giant Target TGT +0.54% to ban firearms in its stores.

Michael Bloomberg-backed Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America has launched a campaign asking Target to ban the open carrying of guns in its stores just as news emerges out of South Carolina adding urgency to their mission.

I think the first sentence says it all...............jmho

Is it just me or are some folks not catching this?

Guest theconstitutionrocks

IS the right answer nationwide CONCEALED carry reciprocity? I just do NOT see the need/justification for an open carry long gun routinely in a public place (now...in the hood in Chicago at 2 am if I absolutely have to be there?....maybe.) My point is, why do people feel the need to piss off and generally scare the hell out of other people just to get attention? No decent responsible gun owner (as far as I know) prescribes to this idea. Carrying concealed gives you the means to deal with a potential threat if need be without upsetting other people and YES, I DO actually care somewhat about other people and a general sense of peace.

These mouth breathers are simply irrelevant mutants of the gene pool who are using the assertion of 2A rights for their own purpose....to draw attention to themselves to validate their otherwise insignificant existance.

IS the right answer nationwide CONCEALED carry reciprocity?

No, I don’t want the Feds involved in anything. They don’t have the authority to regulate carry and once they get it; they will screw it up. This is a States Rights/Law Enforcement issue and each state will have to deal with it.

These people are not on our side. They are doing the ridiculous to force gun control.
  • Like 5
[quote name="JohnC" post="1155945" timestamp="1402031488"]Is it just me or are some folks not catching this?[/quote] Need something more than just a theory of it being possible these are staged by Bloomberg. It has already been confirmed that these type of douchebags exist all over the country. YouTube is a good source to reference these idiot types. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish someone would do at actual sit down interview with a few of these people (people being polite) and ask them exactly what their goal is in their protest. Their answers may tell us a lot. As far as i can tell no one has actually discussed their reasoning for the long gun open carry issue in Texas. I for 1 would like to hear a true answer and I for one am just no believing it is open carry hand guns issue in Texas. There is much more behind it and more in part the way it is being carried out. Men with an assault in the baby section of a target store shopping for Pampers I guess huh? If you believe that, I have some ocean front property 30 miles South of Nashville Tennessee I will sell DIRT cheap!!!! :whistle: :whistle:  

Shannon Watts (former PR gal) and the "Moms Hate Us" Crew are doing exactly what any PR strategist would do.  When you have a few small victories under your belt, then it's time to move to the big leagues.  Target will be a major victory, if they get it, because Bloomberg's astroturf gang will then turn to every other big box retailer and say, "Don't you want to be like Target or do you want us to tell the nation that you hate the children?" 

Last I heard, profits have been down lately. 

Walmart will fall next.  They might even stop selling guns & ammo if Bloomberg puts them on blast loud enough.

Guest VJGthe3

It is getting much harder every day to believe these guys have our best interests at heart. I also find it hard to believe (if they are not actually against us) that they have not figured out the consequences of their actions yet.

Colloquially: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."