‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

You guys know why they're doing this don't you? Open carry of handguns is illegal in TX, so open carry of long guns is all they have. They're protesting an unconstitutional law.

A better protest would be some good old fashioned civil disobedience.  They they should gather en masse, make their handguns visible and see if they police are willing to arrest 100+ people at a time for going on a group walk with pistols on their hips or in shoulder holsters.

Here's the law as it stands in Texas.

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view; or

(2) the person is:

(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;

( B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or

(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

(a-2) For purposes of this section, "premises" includes real property and a recreational vehicle that is being used as living quarters, regardless of whether that use is temporary or permanent. In this subsection, "recreational vehicle" means a motor vehicle primarily designed as temporary living quarters or a vehicle that contains temporary living quarters and is designed to be towed by a motor vehicle. The term includes a travel trailer, camping trailer, truck camper, motor home, and horse trailer with living quarters.

(a-3) For purposes of this section, "watercraft" means any boat, motorboat, vessel, or personal watercraft, other than a seaplane on water, used or capable of being used for transportation on water.

( B) Except as provided by Subsection (c), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the offense is committed on any premises licensed or issued a permit by this state for the sale of alcoholic beverages.

SUBCHAPTER B. ORDINARY MISDEMEANOR PUNISHMENTS

Sec. 12.21. CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be punished by:

(1) a fine not to exceed $4,000;

(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year; or

(3) both such fine and confinement.

ETA: Apparently Texas law has emoticons built into their legal code...those cool guy faces are actually b's

Edited by btq96r
[quote name="daddyo" post="1156892" timestamp="1402327011"]That's certainly one opinion.[/quote] What else does one expect to accomplish when hanging out in the baby section of Target with a loaded AR15 slung at the ready? I don't see how it is open to opinion. It is self evident. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well, I guess the Doctor that lost her parents in Luby's and brought up the Assault Rifle issue during her discussion with legislators is finally getting her point across about the real purpose of assault weapons as more than just standing on your roof during a riot and guarding your property from looters. So if you want to point your finger at the real people that have created this situation take a long look at the Texas legislators as they are the ones that set the rules and they are the ones that will be facing the angry mothers from Targets and no telling how many other places before November elections............jmho

[quote name="bersaguy" post="1156987" timestamp="1402341333"]Well, I guess the Doctor that lost her parents in Luby's and brought up the Assault Rifle issue during her discussion with legislators is finally getting her point across about the real purpose of assault weapons as more than just standing on your roof during a riot and guarding your property from looters. So if you want to point your finger at the real people that have created this situation take a long look at the Texas legislators as they are the ones that set the rules and they are the ones that will be facing the angry mothers from Targets and no telling how many other places before November elections............jmho[/quote] I don't think stupidity compels stupidity. No matter the laws, the choices these idiots make are theirs to own. Trying to scare women for the purpose of making a point is the tactic of cowardly terrorists. ANY gun rights movements should not be associated with those who use such tactics. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="bird333" post="1157016" timestamp="1402346651"]What happens when someone is legitimately afraid when they see one of these people come in a store and pulls their handgun and shoots them?[/quote] We get one less idiot stealing oxygen. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

We get one less idiot stealing oxygen. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self inflicted injuries for which i have no mercy for. I honestly don't think a lot of them have even given that a thought and to be honest if it does happen I have no doubt it will be woman with young children and a ccw and just reacts as a mother would to protect her children but once that round leaves the barrel you cannot stop it from hitting what it is pointed at and I for one would not hold the mother at fault in her decision to protect her children first and foremost  .............jmho

What else does one expect to accomplish when hanging out in the baby section of Target with a loaded AR15 slung at the ready?I don't see how it is open to opinion. It is self evident.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's more than one opinion about it. We all believe ours is the right one. You have the right to express yours. Edited by daddyo
[quote name="bersaguy" post="1157035" timestamp="1402350188"]Self inflicted injuries for which i have no mercy for. I honestly don't think a lot of them have even given that a thought and to be honest if it does happen I have no doubt it will be woman with young children and a ccw and just reacts as a mother would to protect her children but once that round leaves the barrel you cannot stop it from hitting what it is pointed at and I for one would not hold the mother at fault in her decision to protect her children first and foremost .............jmho[/quote] I would have liked to get that response when I brought up the same situation. When I suggested it, all I got was that I was shining a unfavorable light on concealed carry permit holders.

You guys know why they're doing this don't you? Open carry of handguns is illegal in TX, so open carry of long guns is all they have. They're protesting an unconstitutional law.

The problem (pro-2A) people, like most on this board, are having is not their stated cause...most of us would like to see our 2A rights completely respected. The problem is the way they are going about it.  Their methods, no matter how sincere and wonderful their goals might be, are stupid and causing far more harm than any good that could come of them.  I'd say their chances of getting open carry of handguns in Texas is about 75% less likely now than when they started doing this stuff.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="daddyo" post="1161523" timestamp="1403461714"]I can only hope that he would be one of the victims.[/quote] At a minimum he would be in jail where he belongs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yea, that would fall under same law as screaming fire in a movie theater and any one that gets hurt or possibly killed in the stampede they can be changed with second degree murder and if no one gets killed then numerous charges of reckless endangerment and aggravated assault and spend many years in prison for their stupidity. He could be charged in the same way. Because just because their are guns. If he yells shots fired and there is none then he goes bye bye. Thing is all of the people that may be armed need to have their weapons on the ground and hands in the air so the swat team and the LEO's responding don't begin shooting first and then asking questions if they see people with guns at a shots fired 911 call location............................jmho.

Edited by bersaguy

What happens when someone is legitimately afraid when they see one of these people come in a store and pulls their handgun and shoots them?

That person would likely end up in a very long drawn out court case as they do not have an actual "legitimate" reason to shoot.... Mom's boy standing around with an AR15 looking stupid is not a good enough reason....

• Like 1

Sadly I don't think these are anti gunners. They are the same kind of bafoon that thinks they're helping the medical marijuana movement by dressing in their finest stained tye-dye and doing bong loads at the state capital and blasting Phish out of their weak ass Prius sound systems.

These kind of idjits exist on both the right and left it seems.

The Prius gives them away, they MUST be libs! :)
  • 2 weeks later...

"Walmart".

Seeing how they sell guns and ammo and they are from Arkansas and the majority of their customer base owns guns it a not very likely.

Push them and see what happens! What I fear most with situations like this is where will it stop and will we one day be reduced to having our pizza delivered as no place has not been put on the boycott list for one reason or another... What store can you name in resent events has not caved in to pressure one way or another?

And it's a wrap: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/07/02/target-no-guns-policy/12014451/

Who's with me in the betting pool?

Next will be:

1. McDonalds

2. Publix

3. Kohls

4. *gasp* Walmart

I'm puzzled at how McDonald's has managed to avoid the attention of the Moms Who Don't Get Any Action. Maybe it's because they're a franchise operation, but my guess is that they'll be next, seeing as how they market themselves as a family establishment.

Edited by daddyo

We also need to keep in mind the catylst of this movement to ban firearms in target stores....The suspect and type of gun left in the store has been indentified.---> http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_cc12920c-f255-11e3-8245-0017a43b2370.html

A $120 hi-point was left on the shelf...

Hate to bust out the tinfoil hat folks lol :taunt: , but this was a blatent setup of target stores by the group that pushed for the ban...I wonder how much they paid him to do the deed...

Edited by Someotherguy

We also need to keep in mind the catylst of this movement to ban firearms in target stores....The suspect and type of gun left in the store has been indentified.---> http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_cc12920c-f255-11e3-8245-0017a43b2370.html

A $120 hi-point was left on the shelf...

Hate to bust out the tinfoil hat folks lol :taunt: , but this was a blatent setup of target stores by the group that pushed for the ban...I wonder how much they paid him to do the deed...

Or it was these assholes:

BN-DB555_target_G_20140603151325.jpg

This doesn't help us.

• Like 1