LG101 Pictures!!!

Guest Les George
Very cool to see this project come into being, ProTech and I appreciate your support!

Dave was very excited about these knives when he told me about them at Blade show.

Just to touch on the blade steels...

Cpm D2 is an awesome steel, I needs to be coated to function right as a pocket knife in the way I see it. So when we planned out the initial batch of Rockeyes, I asked that the CPM D2 be coated, but obviously not everyone likes a coated blade.

Dave asked me if I minded if they ran some in 154cm, and I asked him if he minded spending the extra money to get CPM154 and he did not hesitate.

154cm and cpm154 are chemically identical, but the CPM materials are made with the CPM process and that makes them cleaner, finer grained and just better cutlery steels. The CPM steels seem much ore corrosion resistant too.

154cm is good, but I think cpm154 is better... Take that for what it's worth, I'm not a metallurgist or eben a collage graduatte. ;)

Thank you all again!

Very cool to see this project come into being, ProTech and I appreciate your support!

Dave was very excited about these knives when he told me about them at Blade show.

Just to touch on the blade steels...

Cpm D2 is an awesome steel, I needs to be coated to function right as a pocket knife in the way I see it. So when we planned out the initial batch of Rockeyes, I asked that the CPM D2 be coated, but obviously not everyone likes a coated blade.

Dave asked me if I minded if they ran some in 154cm, and I asked him if he minded spending the extra money to get CPM154 and he did not hesitate.

154cm and cpm154 are chemically identical, but the CPM materials are made with the CPM process and that makes them cleaner, finer grained and just better cutlery steels. The CPM steels seem much ore corrosion resistant too.

154cm is good, but I think cpm154 is better... Take that for what it's worth, I'm not a metallurgist or eben a collage graduatte. ;)

Thank you all again!

Thanks for stopping by. You have lots of new fans in these parts!

Just got mine, late but that was my fault. All in all great knife as expected by what everyone was saying and based on what I read about these knives. One of the gems to me is the way willis68 executed the whole transaction, never met the guy, but businesses could learn from the way he handled everything and making me feel at ease buying a knife of this caliber/price. My most expensive knife is an Emerson I've had for years that one of my Soldiers gave me as a goodbye gift. This knife will be my 2nd go-to blade, I plan putting it through the phases.
Once again, thanks willis68.
  • Like 1
[quote name="tnhawk" post="1161438" timestamp="1403443110"]Only a week to go and I can legally carry the LG101! I couldn't carry it this week anyway as I'll be in Atlanta.[/quote] I believe autos are legal in Georgia if the blade is under 5", any length with a gun permit. Anyone know of that's accurate? Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

Willis68,

I do love these ProTech knives, however I noticed something on the instructions that concerns me.  ProTech says that any automatic knife being returned for service must include a copy of law enforcement or military ID.  I know other knife companies have the same policy, but since ProTech is selling these directly to us, I was assuming that they would service them if we have any problems.

So, not that I am not anticipating any problems with the knife, but I would like to know if us non-Military/LEO are going to get shafted on service if we need it.  Do you know their policy?

Willis68,

I do love these ProTech knives, however I noticed something on the instructions that concerns me.  ProTech says that any automatic knife being returned for service must include a copy of law enforcement or military ID.  I know other knife companies have the same policy, but since ProTech is selling these directly to us, I was assuming that they would service them if we have any problems.

So, not that I am not anticipating any problems with the knife, but I would like to know if us non-Military/LEO are going to get shafted on service if we need it.  Do you know their policy?

I noticed that. They accept returns from civilians. Saw it on a forum, where some guy bought a used Godfather and had to send it back. 

• Like 1

Willis68,

I do love these ProTech knives, however I noticed something on the instructions that concerns me. ProTech says that any automatic knife being returned for service must include a copy of law enforcement or military ID. I know other knife companies have the same policy, but since ProTech is selling these directly to us, I was assuming that they would service them if we have any problems.

So, not that I am not anticipating any problems with the knife, but I would like to know if us non-Military/LEO are going to get shafted on service if we need it. Do you know their policy?

Don't quote me on this but my assumption is that they have to have that wording for legal reasons. Kind of like how ruger has no official warranty.
  • Like 2

Don't quote me on this but my assumption is that they have to have that wording for legal reasons. Kind of like how ruger has no official warranty.

Kinda like how BladeHQ shipped me a Protech auto via US Mail. Stupid laws get ignored sometimes, even by the folks that are supposed to enforce them.

Willis68,

I assure you if you have any problems you can send it right back I will make sure of this I have your back on this not to worry!
  • Like 2