Weed and Guns Conflict

What a perfect plan. Legalize pot then make it a negating factor for carrying or even owning a gun.

Surprised there hasn't been a federal initiative on this with 4473 and/or NFA apps, what with the anti-gun bent of this admin.

On one hand they aren't gonna mess with enforcing federal pot law, on the other could use it to deny folks from having guns as it's still an illegal drug federally.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

They better go after the prescription drug users and wine connoisseurs too.

MMJ is classed as a Schedule 1 drug (i.e. no medical use whatsoever / or high potential for abuse).

Even some of the stuff on Schedule II is surprising.

Interesting info here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_I_controlled_substances

Edited by R_Bert
Stoopid. I can fake back pain and go to a pain clinic and get a narc prescription and be "law abiding" enough for a permit. Hell, could even be a celebrated radio host. It's a friggin plant. America is full of pants wetting idiots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Stoopid. I can fake back pain and go to a pain clinic and get a narc prescription and be "law abiding" enough for a permit. Hell, could even be a celebrated radio host. It's a friggin plant. America is full of pants wetting idiots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised at some of the ADHD drugs. Some really nasty stuff.

Seems we have had this talk before, I said it was going to be coming to this.

ALL drugs that change your mood, adjust your behavior, or try to control

your emotions will get your firearm taken.

Just wait till you have a death in the family, you just might get a visit asking for your firearms.

The back door to gun control.

Most don't have prescriptions for Marijuana. Very, very few people left that have real prescriptions that are federally recognized. Most people have a note from their doctor recommending the use of marijuana for treatment of their ailment. There's a world of legal difference and to my knowledge unless the doctor is subpoenaed the records are private. No 4473 kickback and unless your FFL is also your doctor, its pretty much between the two of you. Until full access to your medical records is prerequisite to owning a firearm anyway.

Weed will get you through times of no gun better than a gun will get you through time of no weed.  (  blatant ripoff and misuse of a slogan from Freaky Freddie)

It is absolutely ridiculous that weed is illegal.   And it being illegal only boils down to the man wanting to keep his foot on our necks.

• Like 9
[quote name="RED333" post="1159178" timestamp="1402801295"]Seems we have had this talk before, I said it was going to be coming to this. ALL drugs that change your mood, adjust your behavior, or try to control your emotions will get your firearm taken. Just wait till you have a death in the family, you just might get a visit asking for your firearms. The back door to gun control.[/quote] Caffeine fits that description... I hope they don't come take my guns away for drinking coffee.... Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.
  • Like 1
Guest Lowbuster
I thought that medical pot was somewhat different, having the benefit of pain relief without the high.
What is the difference in scripted pills and plants. I guess when pot is mentioned, illegal automatically comes to mind.
She shouldn't be punished for prescription much less honesty. It's a rare trait any more.

Caffeine fits that description... I hope they don't come take my guns away for drinking coffee.... Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.

I am in BIG TROUBLE

• Like 1

Surprised there hasn't been a federal initiative on this with 4473 and/or NFA apps, what with the anti-gun bent of this admin.

On one hand they aren't gonna mess with enforcing federal pot law, on the other could use it to deny folks from having guns as it's still an illegal drug federally.

- OS

I would think so too.

This sounds like a potentially great case to take to court.

Well I cannot speak about pot or any name it is known by because believe it or not I am 66 years old and probably only one of a few that have never smoked it and have no clue on how it effects ones mind. I won't say it is good or bad because I honestly don't know......... :shrug: :shrug:

Guest Lowbuster

Well I cannot speak about pot or any name it is known by because believe it or not I am 66 years old and probably only one of a few that have never smoked it and have no clue on how it effects ones mind. I won't say it is good or bad because I honestly don't know......... :shrug: :shrug:

I'm 43 and never smoked it. People don't believe me.

I'm 43 and never smoked it. People don't believe me.

I guess I am not alone huh?     I think most all of my friends have and many still do but I don't so they respect that and don't smoke around me but out doors I don't care what they do.

I smoked pot for years, even after I was a "grown up."  (Actually didn't be, come a regular user until I was in my late 20's)  Usually daily, sometimes several times per day if I was say just working around the house and not doing anything dangerous or not going anywhere.  Eventually I had to stop due to my job.  Believe it or not there are high functioning people out there that smoke pot, while holding down a full time job, paying a mortgage, raising kids, and going to church on Sundays, I guarantee this applies to several who will read this.  I was no more ashamed to be a pot smoker than I was to drink a beer after work.  I'm certainly not saying that it is fine to smoke pot and handle guns, but to prohibit a person who smokes pot from owning or carrying a gun makes as much sense as prohibiting the same from a person who occasionally drinks a beer or a glass of wine.  It's all about control that is 100% why marijuana isn't legal.

On a related note, I recently had to fill out an ATF form for work and it asked if I was addicted to "alcohol, drugs, or other stimulants."  Only thing that I have an addiction to in this world in caffeine, I'm just a moron until I get about 4 cups of coffee in my system each day. 

• Like 1

I thought that medical pot was somewhat different, having the benefit of pain relief without the high.
What is the difference in scripted pills and plants. I guess when pot is mentioned, illegal automatically comes to mind.
She shouldn't be punished for prescription much less honesty. It's a rare trait any more.

Medical marijuana will still get you high, actually it gets you higher than regular pot.  With true MM you will know exactly what strain you are consuming as opposed to "bubba pot" that God only knows the contents of.  MM also tends to have higher concentrations of THC.  Different strains will give the user different effects.  Some strains will make the user really hungry, these strains have been known to really help out chemo patients who don't want to eat.  Some strains will relax the user, these have been known to work in the place of heavy drugs used to treat anxiety.  Other strains will cause the user to concentrate, users can use pot instead of dangerous amphetamines.  These are just a few examples of things that marijuana can treat, not to mention daily issues like insomnia, and aches and pains.  Think what you want but I'd rather use a natural plant to treat myself than synthetic chemicals made in a laboratory. 

• Like 1

Well I don't ahve issues with anyone that smokes it. A lot of my friends have for most of their lives. I just enjoy my Jack Black , sometimes on ice and sometimes just for sipping. Normally have a glass every evening to wind down for the day and relax before retiring. My pot comes in a bottle labeled old # 7.................. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: