USPSA cheating scandal breaking.

• Moderators

http://doodieproject.invisionzone.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1758-huge-uspsa-cheating-scandal%2Fpage-6

Halfway down the page, post 112 lays out the details.

It appears that Paul Hendrix is involved in some activities that can possibly have a serious impact on all of the individually timed shooting sports. This might just be a really big deal.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

WOW!

Just WOW!  :stunned:

And to think that I stop shooting USPSA because they were always so much faster than me - - - Now I know that they were cheating....., and that was helped along by my being slow.  :ugh:

• Like 1

ROing 201: show the timer to the scorekeeper as the shooter is unloading. 

-gets the time recorded before chance for it to pick up slide slamming shut, shot from another bay, etc.

-speeds up reset

-integrity of having another person verify time

• Like 2

ROing 201: show the timer to the scorekeeper as the shooter is unloading. 

-gets the time recorded before chance for it to pick up slide slamming shut, shot from another bay, etc.

-speeds up reset

-integrity of having another person verify time

Very Good Point about the possibility of the timer picking up the slide going forward.  I have also made the mistake of bumping the timer up against something and it picking that sound up.

After having the shooter unload and show clear, I like having the scorekeeper Call Out the time as I show the timer to them.  That confirms to everyone that the time has been noted before the hits are scored.  Last thing you want is to be walking back for the next shooter and the scorekeeper asks you for the time - - - and you have fat-finger the re-set (been there, done that, somebody gets a re-shoot).

Meanwhile Getting back on topic.......

You have to wonder why anyone would try so hard to cheat at something that in its essence, is a pure measurement of one's individual skills. 

• Like 3

You have to wonder why anyone would try so hard to cheat at something that in its essence, is a pure measurement of one's individual skills.

Exactly!

If this is true then I hope they get kicked out and banned from the sport for life. Sad to think grown men would act like that.....

How anyone would get enjoyment out of a 15 dollar piece of wood hanging on their wall that they knew they didn't earn is beyond me.....

Easy fix though as stated with a timer display........
  • Like 4

I think the answer is obvious:  It's because some people are @$$holes. 

I don't think they should be banned.  I think they should be required to attend every Area match and the Nationals wearing a T-shirt that says "Cheater" on the front and "Because I'm an @$$hole" on the back. 

It appears that Paul Hendrix is involved in some activities that can possibly have a serious impact on all of the individually timed shooting sports. This might just be a really big deal.

So I went and read all 34 pages on doodie and looked the at the YouTube stuff.  Getting pass some of the immature language being used, some of the posters' analytics of the video timing data is very convincing that this wasn't just a couple mis-reads of the timer - - - this was a pattern of cheating that has gone on for some time.       

I think this is a Really Big Deal. 

This isn't some local match guys trying to make themselves look good.  This is a longtime RO, GM and former national champion who appears to have been "cooking the books" with his timer for several YEARS! 

Think of the hundreds if not thousands of honest shooters that he cheated in that amount of time.

• Like 2

You'd think in a sport that requires the use of deadly weapons you wouldn't have to concern yourself with the honesty and integrity of the participants.   :rant:

You would think in a sport where the participants are carrying deadly weapons...., you wouldn't want to cheat them!  :grouchy:

• Like 1

This was just posted over on BrianEnos.com 

Posted from Chuck Anderson

I just got approval from the BOD to do the actual investigation on this. If anyone has videos, names info whatever, please email them to me at area1@uspsa.org. If you're not comfortable sending it to a USPSA server, stop, take off your tinfoil hat and email it to my personal account at chuck@andersontactical.com. I need the video, native video ideal but I'll take FB or YouTube links if it's not available, and as much info as you can give, shooter name and number, match and stage it came from. I could also use the name and email of the person sending the info to me. If you don't want to give it I understand, but it's going to be prioritized lower than info that comes in with a name associated. I'm going to busy and won't be able to hunt it down spread across FaceBook and various forums. 

Thanks, 
Chuck Anderson
USPSA Area 1 Director           

Yeah so I'm not reading through all of that crap.  Who's being implicated and what's the short and sweet of it?

David,

Appears that while performing RO duties, Paul Hendrix (former USPSA National Title Winner) has been taking time off of the timer for his friends and adding time to those who where completing against his friends.  The + or - of a couple of seconds could have, and most likely did, affect the outcome of several major matches over a number of years. 

Its unknown if the friends that Hendrix was helping knew of the cheating.

There is now evidence developing that Hendix may have also fixed the time of the Classifications that he has run.  This would have helped his friends advance and kept other from completing against his friends in a higher classifications. 

Bottom line......, this could turn out to be the shooting sports' Black Sox Scandal, Pete Rose, Lance Armstrong, et alia, all rolled into one.

• Like 2