New Surplus Pistol Powder from David (DLM37015)

There should have been load data on the side of the container. I have tested it based on that load data and it is a safe place to start.

It did have a label but because of the color difference from the pictures on the website I just wanted to make sure I had what I thought I had.

Is the load data on the label normally starting loads or max loads?

Thanks for your help.

I have not been doing very good without my little Rocco I am sorry if I dropped the ball with anyone.i will be in Knoxville this weekend . in my life I have never been affected by anything like the death of my little dog

Sorry for your loss, I know it's hard losing a good dog I lost my shepherd of 13yrs recently myself it gets easier just takes time.

-DEO VINDICE-

sorry to hear about the loss of your 'friend'.  I've been there several times and it is never easy. "The flaw of loving a dog is him dying so soon.  But if he lived twice as long, his death would be more than most of us could bear." - Sir Walter Scott

• Like 2

sorry to hear about the loss of your 'friend'. I've been there several times and it is never easy. "The flaw of loving a dog is him dying so soon. But if he lived twice as long, his death would be more than most of us could bear." - Sir Walter Scott

Like the quote really fitting always hard losing a good dog

-DEO VINDICE-

I got 2 more went to a shelter in Lexington  ky

Rocco was one of a kind I will always miss him

Marko and Dash were in the shelter for a year waiting to rescue me

they cant replace him they understand that but I love them I am so glad they chose me as their human

it does help to ease the empty feeling

thank you all for your kind words

David, I sure am sorry to hear about Rocco. My dog goes EVERYWHERE with me so we're together pretty much 24hrs a day much like you and Rocco were. I get squeemish at the thought of losing Bristol so I can imagine the empty feeling you're dealing with. I hope the 2 new additions will help to numb that a little for you.

Has anyone started working up loads for reduced cast bullet rifle loads with this powder?

The load for my 30-30 topper for use by the grandkids is 7 grs. Green Dot under a 150 Lee cast bullet.  Sighted 2" high at 50 yards, it will ring gongs at 100 yards with no recoil and very little noise.

Edited by jaysouth
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to bring up a Necro thread but I needed to ask you guys a question. I bought three pounds of powder from David many months ago and just now I am getting to them. Two are labelled Surplus Shotgun/Pistol powder and the other says Commercial Pistol Powder #5. Are these the same as listed in this thread? None have load data on the jugs, just wanted to check. Oh, the grains look the same as well. Thanks!