Counterfeit Bill

The bank will also keep it if it is a counterfeit. They will have you sign the front of it and send it to the Feds. Best bet if you want to keep it is to check with some of the coin collector guys.

The bank will also keep it if it is a counterfeit. They will have you sign the front of it and send it to the Feds. Best bet if you want to keep it is to check with some of the coin collector guys.

Best answer yet. You can get pretty much a professional opinion and not have it confiscated on the spot this way.

The way the Fed has been printing money I think they have changed the bills 3 times since 08 and I have about 4 or 5 different nickle hits and about the same number of quarter hits with changes in them but no change as far as I can tell in dimes but Pennies are different also. I keep my change in a coin separator that when it gets full it lights up and I will roll that coin and when I get enough I go to the bank with it and just deposit it so I notice all the different kinds on stamps as they have changed over past few years. I keep waiting for something to get minted or printed with existing President on it but have seen anything yet..........jmho

From what I can recall that is how all the old money looked. Counterfeit pens will not work on them. I remember when they started putting the strips in the old hundreds. I think all the bills today look more fake than the old stuff.

• Like 1

I have to laugh. I got sent on a call one time about a counterfeit bill. I told my partner unless they spelled something wrong or had the wrong person on it; I wouldn’t have a clue.

Now here you guys are looking at a picture of a bill on the internet and deciding if it a fake. biggrin.gif

I am still in belief it is real. 

I believe the manager couldn't recognize Classic Money.  I have said it before they way they keep changing it, make it easier at first for counterfeiters as people are confused about what is real and isn't.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281364929394?lpid=82

http://www.oldcurrencyvalues.com/1950_ten_dollar_bills.html

fr2012bTendolRaw.jpg

I know OP wants to keep it now, for the story but just saying as long as the back side is printed right, I believe it is real and I would trade 10 bucks for it.

Edited by vontar

I know that the Feds are trying to get all of the old bills collected and have been asking banks to not re issue them back into circulation but turn them in. That is why I thought it was strange you got it out of an ATM. Must have been a private owned ATM....jmho