Where are all these M1 Carbines Coming from?

Guest gcrookston

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don’t have to shoot in competition any of these meet that requirement….

. Current or past military service.

. Current or past law enforcement service

. Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).

. Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).

. Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.

. Concealed Carry License.

. Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.

. FFL or C&R license.

. Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.

. Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf

No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages.

NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

Here is a link to all the requirements....

http://www.thecmp.org/eligibility.htm

I belong to the Garand Collectors Association to satisfy the affiliated originations requirement, but there are many others.

Dave, that is AWESOME!!!

thankyou for that. I was unaware that past military service counted. I've so far held off from joining because I travel so much and haven't been able to participate in any shooting events with an NRA certified range instructor.

I WILL have my paperwork in by the end of next week and I will be picking up a bit of ammo from them as well as an m1 carbine more than likely as well as a Garand.

Since I'm going to be in Mississippi, I may end up going by there on the way back, after we finish with this verizon project.

It just goes to show you...the older I get, the more I realize how much I really DON'T know.

again, thanks!

again, thanks!

No problem.

I went to Anniston and hand picked mine all mine out. That’s really the way to do it if you can get there.

They are a great bunch of people there and really help you out.

You can submit all your stuff my fax before you go to make sure everything is in order for when you get there.