Anyone else just get a call from the NRA saying we need to call Corker and Alexander and emphasize we want them to continue to 

defend our second amendment rights  in the Senate? 

IO was working in the garage and heard the last of the call as I walked in. They gave the phone numbers to call your reps.

• Like 1

I'd much rather find a different candidate than Alexander to be my Senator.  Heck anyone would do.  I will not vote for an incumbent ever again for as long as I live.

Im with you.

After 1 or 2 terms, they usually become part of the problem.

• Like 2

Politicians are like socks.  They should be changed frequently.

The NRA is a one issue organization, and consequently have zero reason to diss Bob or Lamar.

Last I noticed the NRA took no public stand on term limits.

- OS

The NRA is a one issue organization...

Yuup...something that many people don't understand, including most NRA members.

Most people aren't "one issue" people; I'd say that most of us see it all tied up together (taxes, spending, Constitutional rights, bloated government, etc. etc.) so I guess we expect the same from organizations and don't or won't understand that many organizations only care about one thing.

As long as a politician supports the second amendment with their votes the NRA isn't going to abandon them. 

This.  That's why they used to endorse Harry Reid.  He used to be a gun rights supporter.

Though we have heard the possible reason he actually did, nonetheless he did indeed vote against Manchin-Toomey also, so his record is still the same as it was.

- OS

Though we have heard the possible reason he actually did, nonetheless he did indeed vote against Manchin-Toomey also, so his record is still the same as it was.

- OS

Interesting. In my blind spite for Reid, I hadn't paid attention to his recent record on guns.

- OS

That was a procedural vote.  It allows him to bring up the same bill for a vote again without it having to start from scratch and through the committee process until the next Congress is sworn in and seated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/18/harry-reid-had-a-good-reason-to-vote-against-the-gun-bill/

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see why. They voted against the only anti-gun legislation that arose in whole Obama admin.

- OS

They both voted for cloture on the bill this year, and had it gone the way of most other things in the Senate, (along purley partisan lines), we would be in line to turn our mags in now, and probably worse.

As we have said here before, Alexander is the only Repulican Senator to vote agaisnt the Coburn Amendment to H.R 627 (2009) which granted Permit carrieres the ability to be armed in federal parks.  The Lib twins Collins and Snowe even voted for that one, if you chose to be to the left of them on a firearms issue, the NRA hs every need to work agaisnt Lamar.

They both voted for cloture on the bill this year, and had it gone the way of most other things in the Senate, (along purley partisan lines), we would be in line to turn our mags in now, and probably worse.

Horse pucky. They knew they had the votes to defeat it, or the party would never have allowed going for cloture. The president wanted a vote, the left said the people wanted a vote, so the Senate gave them a vote. A decisive one. Shrewd actually, as Dems had to vote against it too in order to defeat it.

Plus, uber worst case, everybody knew it was dead in the House even if passed in the Senate.

- OS

Horse pucky.

- OS

The converstaion I had with Corker was, "We need to debate the issue." if one believes in the Constitution, no debate was necessary.  To me, it matters what side my elected officials stand on.

Plus, never underestimate the ability of the Establishment Republicans to sell us out.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1