congratulations vandy!!

In Omaha right now!!! Got to watch game 3 live with my dad! One of the greatest experiences of my life! All the years of garbage from UT fans, well I just got two words for ya.... No it ain't those..... National champions!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I watched the game last night and was thrilled to see the Dores drop the anchor on Virginia.  I knew when Norwood made contact that is was going out and my only concern was staying in side the playing field and not going foul. The beginning Vandy pitcher pitched his heart out for 5.5 innings for sure..... Congrads Dores............... :up: :up: :up:

• Like 1
[quote name="JKGlock17" post="1162710" timestamp="1403762318"]All the years of garbage from UT fans, well I just got two words for ya.... No it ain't those..... National champions!!!!!![/quote] Please explain what the University of Tennessee has to do with any of this, or why you'd choose to bring them up in a thread congratulating Vandy, thanks. Happy to see them pull it out. As a former college player myself, and as someone who has played against teams coached by Corbin, I can sincerely tell you that coach Corbin is a great baseball mind, and a great leader for his team. Vanderbilt has been a great baseball school for several years now, I'm glad they got the crowning achievement they've been after.

Please explain what the University of Tennessee has to do with any of this, or why you'd choose to bring them up in a thread congratulating Vandy, thanks. Happy to see them pull it out. As a former college player myself, and as someone who has played against teams coached by Corbin, I can sincerely tell you that coach Corbin is a great baseball mind, and a great leader for his team. Vanderbilt has been a great baseball school for several years now, I'm glad they got the crowning achievement they've been after.

If it has to be explained to you, you would not understand

• Like 1

Please explain what the University of Tennessee has to do with any of this, or why you'd choose to bring them up in a thread congratulating Vandy, thanks.

Happy to see them pull it out. As a former college player myself, and as someone who has played against teams coached by Corbin, I can sincerely tell you that coach Corbin is a great baseball mind, and a great leader for his team. Vanderbilt has been a great baseball school for several years now, I'm glad they got the crowning achievement they've been after.

In the words of the emperor "Gooood. Gooooood. The butt hurt is strong with this one!" Slightly altered of course!

I can't believe you would even jump in this thread with that crap dude you have zero knowledge of the rivalry between UT and Vandy obviously, UT's reign is over in TN, Vandy has got this now bubba

Lol dude if you really have to be like that in this thread you need to pick another thread dog pound. THIS IS A VANDY THREAD ANCHOR DOWN FOOLS WHEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!

We were chanting UT sucks after we beat Virginia where we were sitting ha haaaaaa Edited by JKGlock17
  • Like 1
[quote name="JKGlock17" post="1163019" timestamp="1403840492"]In the words of the emperor "Gooood. Gooooood. The butt hurt is strong with this one!" Slightly altered of course! Lol dude if you really have to be like that in this thread you need to pick another thread dog pound. THIS IS A VANDY THREAD ANCHOR DOWN FOOLS WHEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!! We were chanting UT sucks after we beat Virginia where we were sitting ha haaaaaa[/quote] Do what? I really don't think anyone is "butt hurt", as you so eloquently state. If you'll actually read my post in it's entirety, you'll see plainly that I'm very happy for Vandy, I've been on the opposite side of the field from them. Just don't understand what one has to do with the other. I mean, I've never been happy that the Braves beat the Cardinals and exclaimed "The Braves won woohoo the Yakees suck!" By the way, my name is Kyle, not "Bubba", no matter who's "got this" Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

Please explain what the University of Tennessee has to do with any of this, or why you'd choose to bring them up in a thread congratulating Vandy, thanks. Happy to see them pull it out. As a former college player myself, and as someone who has played against teams coached by Corbin, I can sincerely tell you that coach Corbin is a great baseball mind, and a great leader for his team. Vanderbilt has been a great baseball school for several years now, I'm glad they got the crowning achievement they've been after.

I'll take a stab at it. All you hear about around here is UT this and UT that. People name their children Peyton, drive orange cars, wear orange clothes, and even paint the front door of their houses orange. That's cool if you went there, but the Nashville area also has an SEC school. UT could win a football game against Joe's jiffy lube and college, and that is front page news in the Tennessean. Vandy could win a national championship, and it might get a mention in the 5th or 6th page of the sports section.

I understand the pride and support of UT in and around Knoxville, but Vanderbilt has always been the red headed stepchild in middle Tennessee.

back when my wife was alive our house was a house divided during foot ball season....... :rofl: I will explain just a little. I was he 2nd husband and her first husband would never involve here in the games and was kind of an overbearing guy and she hated football because of it. When we got together she wondered if it would be the same so she tested the water. She came in the Den where a few couples and I were watching a game and sat down next to me and as things would happen like a 1st down she would ask me what that meant and I would explain it to her. All during the game she would ask questions and I would answer them for her. We were watching college ball that Saturday . On  Sunday the Pro games came on and I was sitting there watching one in the den and she came and sat down beside me with more questions and a pen and pad to make notes because she had forgot some of the things from the day before. My mid season in 1989 She was a foot ball guru and had Tennessee Orange all over the house in banners and ribbons and UT stuff. She didn't bother asking if I was a UT fan which I am not. I'm a Notre Dame fan She was Titan fan and I am a Bears fan so like I said a house divided during foot ball season............... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name="gregintenn" post="1163092" timestamp="1403876404"]I understand the pride and support of UT in and around Knoxville, but Vanderbilt has always been the red headed stepchild in middle Tennessee.[/quote] You do realize the university of Tennessee means the entire state of Tennessee, right? I'm not saying don't be a Vandy fan, I like for all TN teams to do well. I'm just saying that your logic that one must be a fan based on your geographical area is very flawed. That being said, I can't understand for the life of me how people cheer for teams from other states. That's like cheering for Russia in the Olympics to me. I guess that's all I got, I ought to know better than to bring any sort of logic into a college sports conversation Side note: A few MD's I work with are Vandy alums, and they bought everyone a Vandy national champs shirt. I'm currently wearing mine under my scrubs with pride Edited by KKing
I'd cheer for Russia any day over UT its all about choice and team we like for our own reasons. In saying that any team that plays ut or the (cough) Titans I'm gonna root for to beat them. A good weekend is when one of them looses a awesome weekend is when they both loose. Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

You do realize the university of Tennessee means the entire state of Tennessee, right? I'm not saying don't be a Vandy fan, I like for all TN teams to do well. I'm just saying that your logic that one must be a fan based on your geographical area is very flawed. That being said, I can't understand for the life of me how people cheer for teams from other states. That's like cheering for Russia in the Olympics to me. I guess that's all I got, I ought to know better than to bring any sort of logic into a college sports conversation Side note: A few MD's I work with are Vandy alums, and they bought everyone a Vandy national champs shirt. I'm currently wearing mine under my scrubs with pride

Let me try it from another angle. My wife works for Vanderbilt, so you could say they pay my bills.

Also, I simply find the average UT fan to be obnoxious. I don't see that among Vanderbilt fans.

To be totally honest, I'm rooting for a particular little league all star team as well as Macon County High School. My family is represented on both teams. Short of that, I really don't care too much who wins or loses a game.

• Like 1

I'm very happy for Vandy fans, the Team, the School and the fact that the SEC rules yet again in one of the Major Sports. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving group, IMHO.

Thanks for a very entertaining end to my baseball watching season.

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel
  • Like 1

You do realize the university of Tennessee means the entire state of Tennessee, right? I'm not saying don't be a Vandy fan, I like for all TN teams to do well. I'm just saying that your logic that one must be a fan based on your geographical area is very flawed.

That being said, I can't understand for the life of me how people cheer for teams from other states. That's like cheering for Russia in the Olympics to me. I guess that's all I got, I ought to know better than to bring any sort of logic into a college sports conversation

Side note: A few MD's I work with are Vandy alums, and they bought everyone a Vandy national champs shirt. I'm currently wearing mine under my scrubs with pride

People who didn't go to that particular school though often times do root for the school in their geographical area a lot of times. I don't think it is flawed because of this. Someone from Nashville who didn't go to either school if think should support their local team but if they choose UT that is their perogative..... How ever FLAWED it may be. LOL just ragging at ya no offense
  • Moderators
I don't watch, follow or care about sports. The only emotional response they engender in me is to hope UT and the Titans lose whenever they play. If that happens I smile and go about my day. So congrats, Vindy, vendy, whatever. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1