Trying to find someone

Ebow1

Hello TGO. It's been quite some time since I've logged in, but I come to you needing help. Quite some time ago I won the bidding on Ebay for a set of custom 1911 grips from the company Ace Custom Grips. We worked out a deal for what I wanted, and my grandfathers WWII dog tag (the only one I have) was involved in being inlayed into the grips. The man who agreed to this job suddenly stopped communicating with me through Ebay, so I then found him on facebook. Very recently he has stopped communicating with me through facebook and his page for his business no longer exists. This man has been taking an extremely long time to get this job done, but I have been patient with him, as my request was for more than what I won in the bidding. I originally told him I would pay more but he graciously denied. Every time I have contacted him he has assured more that they were near completion and pictures would be coming soon. Now I can find no trace of him save for old Pinterest posts and posts across various firearm/archery forums (he does bow grips too). If any of you can assist me in finding some trace of this man, something I can contact, it would be greatly appreciated. I want my grandfathers dog tag back, the rest is secondary. Based on his behavior I have almost zero doubt that this man is intentionally avoiding me, but I no longer care as long as I can get the tag back.

Humm...the OP posts a lot of story, asks for help finding this person but gives no information about the person he's trying to find.

Am I missing something here???  ;)

Well from time to time I write and email and tell about the "link" that I am attaching or something along those lines but then forget to attach the link, picture or whatever. I'm thinking that's kind of what the OP has done here but if not, I too am confused.

Yeah sorry about that guys. He's Christian Bond out of Lufkin, TX. cj0e was nice enough to post his fb account, which did not show up in any of my searches for him. I have currently re-established contact and plan to get this matter settled once and for all.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry about that guys. He's Christian Bond out of Lufkin, TX. cj0e was nice enough to post his fb account, which did not show up in any of my searches for him. I have currently re-established contact and plan to get this matter settled once and for all.

Hopefully it works out for you, that would be a bad thing to lose.

I have ran into things similar to this in the past while I was in the Hand Poured Bait Business and was having an issue with a  particular angler and payments for products they received. I found the best way to handle them after a few exchanges on line was a face to face and that normally got the issue corrected. Folks think if they live far enough away you won't come a visiting over a few bucks. With me even if it cost me money to collect the funds owed me with me it was principal. You case in my mind is more important then money or principal so I might look at an unannounced trip to Lufkin Texas and do a face to face............jmho   

• Like 1
Guest theconstitutionrocks

might try this...look up the propertytax assessors website for that county, then do a name search. If he owns a home you  can find the street address. Obviously you aren't going to go knock on his front door but it does open up the possibility for certified mail communication and civil suit should it come to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just thought I'd keep everyone up to date and again say thank you. So his fb, archerytalk, and linkedin pages all appear to be old and dead. I have dug through his friends list and I am considering contacting the people I find there. I have notified the governments internet crime website and put in a complaint, but I have yet to hear anything back from them.

Bersaguy-That exact though has occurred to me recently. Along with the fact that I've hit my max for annual time and need to burn a week.

theconstitutionrocks, and hardknox00001-Thanks for the tips, I'll try those.