CHMR.us expiring soon

Guest nicemac

Guest nicemac

http://CHMR.us

I own the domain and host the site. I am getting out of the business of hosting websites and am looking for someone that wants to take it over before the domain registry expires in early September. In the past, Charlie gave me free membership in exchange for hosting the site. I have not used the range for a couple of years, but am still paying for the domain registry. The site is static. There have been no changes since I put it up in September 2011.

I have not been down there for a long time and have no idea if Charlie is still interested in swapping hosting for membership. That would be a discussion you would have to have with Charlie…

If you are interested in taking the website over, contact me via email. jkc at thececils dot net.

nicemac, I sent you an email through my gmail address.  I've done some backend stuff for web based interfaces in the past and the CHMR.us site doesn't look that hard to manage at a glance.  If you need someone to pick up the baton and keep running with it, let me know.

I'm happy to get anyone who wants to involved in the site maintenance. I'm basically taking over the hosting for the site (I was a member of Charlie's range when I lived a mile away from him, but I don't have his contact info), but if someone wants to take over the site maintenance that's fine. I can do it but we're a host and not a web design firm, so I'm happy to let someone take on the site maintenance.

I'm happy to get anyone who wants to involved in the site maintenance. I'm basically taking over the hosting for the site (I was a member of Charlie's range when I lived a mile away from him, but I don't have his contact info), but if someone wants to take over the site maintenance that's fine. I can do it but we're a host and not a web design firm, so I'm happy to let someone take on the site maintenance.

I can take care of that.  PM inbound.

Someone might want to give Charlie a heads up on all this...

My thoughts exactly.

That would be a discussion you would have to have with Charlie…

The more I think about it....this is a discussion YOU need to have with Charlie.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

nicemac doesn't have Charlie's number, so I guess Charlie must be really out of the loop on his own website. Dustbuster if you want to PM me his contact information I'll get in touch with him, and you are welcome to get involved with the maintenance if you want, since you have his number I guess you must know him better than I do. I just volunteered because we have the resources to host the site and can do it free for Charlie. I enjoyed his range when I lived closer.