Full FDE G 20 10mm

TNAR

This just came in yesterday  :pleased:   Special Ordered from Lipsey's. Can't wait to pump some lead with this. I know 10mm is scarce but any recommendations on good deals on 10mm Ammo?

g17-full-fde.jpg?maxwidth=520

• Like 5

10MM ammo is high.

Save the brass, get a mold, cast your own boolits.

RELOAD!

I have a 200 gr soild, 180 HP mold I use in our 40 cal Glocks, works great.

Edited by RED333
Guest sigequinox

Nice. Congrats on the new piece. The Glock 20 is my favorite handgun. The 10mm is my favorite round. You won't be disappointed.  Start reloading ASAP. Be careful with these though because they're a high pressure round. A double charge (of powder) in a big, slow, low pressure 45 won't necessarily blow up and destroy your gun, but the 10mm is very likely to.

Good luck, safe shooting.

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the info. Any advice on getting started reloading with 10mm? I have not reloaded in the past. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Get a good book, Lee, Lyman, Hornady, are all good books.

• Like 1
Guest sigequinox

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the info. Any advice on getting started reloading with 10mm? I have not reloaded in the past. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Do you live near a cabelas? the one near me offers free reloading classes. It's best to learn from someone who already knows what they're doing--it will help boost your confidence. My wife got me a Lee Classic Turret press for Christmas this year and I love it. I use a Lee 4 piece die set (same as .40 sw cal), but adjustments will be made for seat depth and crimp etc. That sounds like chinese right now, but when explained it will make more sense. You can also familiarize yourself with Youtube videos, but keep n mind that you can be watching any old knucklehead, so read the comments and look at the "likes" to make sure the person is somewhat respectable.

The kit comes with most of what you will need to get started

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lee-Precision-Classic-Turret-Press-Kit/1374275.uts?productVariantId=3168168&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-376743071-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03453429&rid=40

I would recommend getting a digital scale though. I use one from Hornady, doesn't matter who makes it so long as it has units in grains.

http://www.hornady.com/store/GS-1500-Grain-Electronic-Scale

FOr the die set you want the 4 piece that includes the CARBIDE factory crimp (this prevents you from needing to lube cases and extend case life)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/622255/lee-deluxe-carbide-4-die-set-40-s-and-w-10mm-auto

Powder is preference. Right now handgun powder is very difficult to find. I'm currently using Bullseye, but, quite franly, that powder scares the poop out of me for use with 10mm. It's very dense (doesn't fill up much of the case) making it much less noticeable if you double charge. I will be switching powders for high pressure rounds when I come across some different brands.

Cases you will start collecting at the range. Ideally you will never need to buy new brass because plenty of people leave it on the floor for you to take home. eventually you will have a nice stockpile. Amortizing the cost of brass over time is where the biggest savings are for reloading. Although it's cheaper regardless.

500-600 bucks start up cost sounds like a lot, but when you consider the fact that 1000 rounds of 10mm factory ammo costs over 600 bucks, you can see it pays for itself after first 1k rounds.

http://www.ammoman.com/10mm

To start a new caliber, all you need is the correct die set (~$50), brass you should already have (since your collecting at the range now), and projectiles. In some cases you may need different powders. But there are a lot of good cross compatible powders as well. Primers are either small, large or magnum so they cross function as well.

**keep in mind the ammo above is just standard 180grain factory. Not familiar with that ammo, but if it's watered down stuff your essentially just shooting an expensive 40sw. Look at the 10mm like it is a 40sw magnum (because that's really what it is). It would be akin to buying expensive 357 mag ammo that's loaded to the equivalent of it's ballistically inferior little brother, the 38 special. When reloading, you can basically load the super hot, real-deal Buffalo Bore type loads for not much additional cost.

good luck and Godspeed!

Edited by sigequinox
Thanks sigequinox! Great information. I do not know of a Cabelas near Nashville but maybe Bass Pro or Gander Mountain have classes. Sounds like going down the reloading path makes a lot of sense for the 10mm Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Noticed yesterday they are building a cabelas in bowling green ky. I shoot Georgia arms canned heat out of my G20. Never had a problem with it Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by RD3
[quote name="RD3" post="1169680" timestamp="1405686376"]Noticed yesterday they are building a cabelas in bowling green ky.I shoot Georgia arms canned heat out of my G20. Never had a problem with itSent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2[/quote] That is Awesome!! I love Cabela's. Will give the canned heat a try. Thanks. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a wide range of factory ammo for the 10mm. You will probably need to change the recoil spring to shoot full power loads. A lot of the 10mm ammo has been watered down and the gun manufactures are shipping their guns sprung for the weaker stuff.u7a6u5y8.jpg7yheju7a.jpg

Congrats on a nice looking pistol.  I'm watching the availability of 10mm ammo as I'd like to get one.  As mentioned above, get one or more reloading manuals and try to find a class before getting buying equipment and supplies.  I saved brass for several months before beginning to reload.

Edited by tnhawk
  • 2 weeks later...

This just came in yesterday  :pleased:   Special Ordered from Lipsey's. Can't wait to pump some lead with this. I know 10mm is scarce but any recommendations on good deals on 10mm Ammo?

g17-full-fde.jpg?maxwidth=520

Wow, very very nice. This is one caliber I don't have but do plan on buying one real soon. I've been looking for a good used one but they are few and far between. Congratulations!!