July 1st law

Guest confidence

By the way, how often does LexisNexis update the TCA? It has not yet been updated to match SB 1771.

Has previously not been until late Oct/early Nov

OS,

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree as 39-17-1311 specifically defers to 39-17-1302 for the definition of a weapon. Of course, not every statute references that so it may not apply to all of them. But it for sure applies to parks as that is one of the main purposes of 1311. Therefore, since knives have been removed from 1302 it's lawful to carry them in a banned city park. Read below...

Well, then you should get active on that, since as I have often noted, normal firearms are not even mentioned in 1302, so the whole parks statute is banning guns on a false premise, completely non-sequitur to the actual law as written.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest confidence

Has previously not been until late Oct/early Nov

Well, then you should get active on that, since as I have often noted, normal firearms are not even mentioned in 1302, so the whole parks statute is banning guns on a false premise, completely non-sequitur to the actual law as written.

- OS

ROTFLOL!!!!!! How come I never noticed that?? I've read it many times, lol...Hmmm! Mighty interesting, lol...Nice catch, OS...Don't recall you mentioning that one before...

I'm going to have to talk to a lawyer about this one...Seriously...

ROTFLOL!!!!!! How come I never noticed that?? I've read it many times, lol...Hmmm! Mighty interesting, lol...Nice catch, OS...Don't recall you mentioning that one before...

I'm going to have to talk to a lawyer about this one...Seriously...

Always figgered it would be my defense strategy if busted for it.  Seriously,.

Course, once it comes to light, guess they'll just amend the statute -- but there has been the recent try to just nuke the whole thing, so maybe it would be extra impetus to show that it hasn't really even been binding all this time?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yes, that 1302 refers to machine guns, silencers, etc that you are not going to be carrying on a handgun carry permit.  It also just used to refer to switchblade knives, but does not anymore.

The way I read the park statute, a person cannot carry a machine gun or silencer with intent to go armed in a park.  People can claim legislative intent all they want, but the park law does not refer to normal firearms or knives.

Oh boy, one of those. Afraid to exercise any rights in case we all lose them all. Well, I just left a notable banned municipal park where I open carried a rather large blade. I had 3 positive interactions. Was gonna give you a photo but oh well.

I exercise my rights quite routinely. I'm just not the guy who needs to flaunt it and hope for some attention. I think the best case scenario is when no one notices.