Thorine, the Hammer Queen.

I grew up as a comic book reader, this type of thing happens all the time.... there's always some crossover or hero retirement. They have to do this because if not.... the stories and characters would get stale and people would stop caring. Look at Spiderman... he's been rebooted more times than you can count..... there's even a girly spidey.....

if you think about it, if they had a good story and actress etc marvel could do a pretty good spider woman movie, i would watch it

if you think about it, if they had a good story and actress etc marvel could do a pretty good spider woman movie, i would watch it

Bear in mind, not all comic book films are the same. Marvel's had a good run of late.. but lets not forget the Ghost riders and Daredevils......

I'll bet they don't follow this story line in the Avengers movies.

I don't know......Pepper dumps Tony and he is back on the prowl. He slides up to her after a big battle, the visor slides up....."You bring the Thunder and I'll bring the BOOM!".  

• Like 1

This isn't the first time they have brought in a female either.

And just to take their side, in Norse Mythology, women could be reknowned warriors too.

So why not create a character based on a reknowned female warrior from Norse legend?  That is my problem with all these 'swaps' - they are trying to force this crap down the public's throat by bastardizing already existing, popular characters.  Marvel has also announced that the Falcon (a black character) will take over as Captain America when the original Captain America loses the powers granted to him by the super soldier serum.  If there was a good, plot-driven reason for doing so then I'd not have a problem with it.  Instead, however, I believe it is all a part of a bunch of PC crap designed to please the PC crowd.  Funny thing is, I doubt there is a less PC crowd than hardcore comics fans (at least as I remember them from back when I was more in to the 'scene' and went to Comic Cons and so on.)  It is just like when they decided to create a gay Green Lantern - pandering to the PC crowd and nothing more.  My thought is that if you want more representation for women, other ethnicities, gays and so forth in comics then why not just create new characters?  Okay, I will answer my own question - because many of them would flop.  I mean, why do folks think that there aren't more of those types of characters, already?  Because the core group of comics readers aren't interested in them.  Marvel is obviously hoping to play on the existing popularity of existing characters to help generate interest in female characters and other types of characters that simply have not generated all that much interest in comics readers in the past.  My prediction is that these characters will lose readership and eventually 'flop', as well.  Then - as when Asrael became Batman (because Bruce Wayne broke his back) and as when Superman died, Marvel will eventually have to choose to pull its head out of its butt and go back to the 'original' characters, let the titles die due to lack of interest or treat these characters as 'alternate universe' versions of the original (which is what I believe they did with the gay Green Lantern.)  The next thing you know Catwoman will be wearing a full-length, flannel mumu after the feminazi crowd bitches that her tight leather outfit is an exploitation of women.  Maybe Nick Fury will experience some gender confusion, become a cross dresser and start calling himself Nicole.

Speaking of PC and comics, did y'all see where Archie (of Archie and Jughead fame) is going to die at the end of the comics title in which he is an adult?  Yeah, it seems he takes a bullet for his best friend who is a Senator.  A gay, military veteran Senator who is pushing for more gun control after his husband is involved in some sort of shooting incident.

The next thing you know, there will be a gay sex scene between the two title characters in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie.  I am so damned sick of 'political correctness' invading every aspect of our lives that I could puke.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

Just wait until you guys find out the new Captain America is now black.

Why? Does it matter?

As far a Thorine is concerned this is not the first time this has happened as others have pointed out, (Superwoman and Supergirl for instance). Also, I kind of like watching women "fight" as it were. An example took place in 300: Rise of an Empire. First time I've seen boobies swung in anger! :popcorn:

Edited by SWJewellTN

Why? Does it matter?

As far a Thorine is concerned this is not the first time this has happened as others have pointed out. Also, I kind of like watching women "fight" as it were. An example took place in 300: Rise of an Empire. First time I've seen boobies swung in anger! :popcorn:

I was being sarcastic. Apparently it matters that the new Thor is a chick. I was imagining people's heads exploding when they figured out that the captain is now black.

Edited by Metalhead

I was being sarcastic. Apparently it matters that the new Thor is a chick. I was imagining people's heads exploding when they figured out that the captain is now black.

There should be a sarcasm emoticon.

Some people have a hard time viewing women being portrayed as strong and NOT nurturing.

Why not just make a new character? I'm no comic book kinda guy, I enjoy Thor because of the movies and because I can relate to smashing #### with a big hammer. I have no problem with strong female super heros, but why not just make a new hero? I'm one of these people that continuity and character changes bug the hell out of me. Like the second Ghost Rider showing a whole different scene for him signing the contract, and the Punisher switching characters and showing a different family death scene in the second movie. Just stick with the orginal story lines and actors damn it. Edited by Spots
  • Like 2

but why not just make a new hero?

As was pointed out above, because it would flop.

There's a lot of competition for eyeballs so the publishers leverage familiarity with existing succesful franchises instead of inventing new ones. If they made "Hammer Babe: Goddess of Thunder" nobody would buy it. By using the Thor franchise, they've created a media and social-media sensation. For example: we're talking about a sex-changing norse god in a comic book on a forum for gun owners in a specific US state.

It's the same reason we have 14 differnt NCIS flavors. The first one worked, so they just copy-paste and off we go.

As was pointed out above, because it would flop.

There's a lot of competition for eyeballs so the publishers leverage familiarity with existing succesful franchises instead of inventing new ones. If they made "Hammer Babe: Goddess of Thunder" nobody would buy it. By using the Thor franchise, they've created a media and social-media sensation. For example: we're talking about a sex-changing norse god in a comic book on a forum for gun owners in a specific US state.

It's the same reason we have 14 differnt NCIS flavors. The first one worked, so they just copy-paste and off we go.

They could introduce a new character in the series using all of the above, and then spin off.