Ruger SR1911, anyone have one?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got one, haven't had a change to shoot it yet. but feels great in had. Has a nice finish. Seems well put together. Good slide to frame fit. Overall pretty tight.

I'll let you know my shooting impressions when I do get to try it out.

But overall, seems like a good 1911. Reviews on them are good.

If you're thinking of getting one...it wouldn't be the worst mistake.

Had both GI and Commander both were excellent never had a problem with either.

If my hands weren't all skewed up I would still own and carry them. Buy one you will not be disappointed.

The only real problem I know of was the front sight on the commander breaking off, but I think ruger has taken care of this.
jmho Edited by joe45
I want one if that counts. Probably going to be end of the year, but right now a SR1911 and the new Springfield ROC (range officer compact) top my list
Big Ruger fan but I liked the feel of the original RO and the new one has a bit thinner grips and removed the adjustable sight.
  • 2 weeks later...

I got one when they first came out. Loved the gun. Thought it was made way better than it's price range indicates, especially the finish...very nice. Mine was pretty accurate and I liked the trigger, but it was my first 1911, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. I'd still have it if something I wanted worse and just couldn't pass up on hadn't came along when I didn't have the cash.

My best friend bought one and really likes it. It was also his first 1911. The only issue with it was that the safety was really stiff but engaging and disengaging with the pistol unloaded worked it out. I have also shot it and think it is a really nice pistol for the money. Rick45Colt Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD