My county is probably anti NFA now

We elected a sheriff who has been in office before. Previously he has said he doesn't believe NFA stuff should be legal in civilians hands. Took a call to the State's Attorney General office to get it done for a friend. And recently he went a bit farther and had all his officers turn in their full auto duty rifles because he said they do not need them either. So officers are now buying their own rifles for duty. It is not about funding either because he is purchasing brand new SIG pistols to replace their relatively new Glocks. And this is being done while officers are being issued armor with a manufacture date of 1992 because they cannot afford new armor for their officers.

It is a sad state of affairs when a sheriff doesn't trust his deputies or provide them with basic lifesaving gear. It is even worse when he doesn't trust those who elected him.

So I think it is about to turn dark in my county as far as NFA stuff is concerned.

I might fill out a form to see what he says and where he stands. I do need to build a few more suppressors for some other weapons as well as maybe making my new AK pistol an SBR.

• Moderators
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1171374" timestamp="1406151321"]We elected a sheriff who has been in office before. Previously he has said he doesn't believe NFA stuff should be legal in civilians hands. Took a call to the State's Attorney General office to get it done for a friend. And recently he went a bit farther and had all his officers turn in their full auto duty rifles because he said they do not need them either. So officers are now buying their own rifles for duty. It is not about funding either because he is purchasing brand new SIG pistols to replace their relatively new Glocks. And this is being done while officers are being issued armor with a manufacture date of 1992 because they cannot afford new armor for their officers. It is a sad state of affairs when a sheriff doesn't trust his deputies or provide them with basic lifesaving gear. It is even worse when he doesn't trust those who elected him. So I think it is about to turn dark in my county as far as NFA stuff is concerned. I might fill out a form to see what he says and where he stands. I do need to build a few more suppressors for some other weapons as well as maybe making my new AK pistol an SBR.[/quote] That really sucks. At least he is consistent with his officers and the populace. It would bother me more if he was anti NFA for civilians but loaded his officers to the teeth. There isn't anything that would allow him to legally confiscate/invalidate existing NFA stuff such as yours is there? Can we buy the Glocks?:) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be wrong to call him a weenie? Not that I'm calling him a weenie or anything. I generally don't like ad hominems at all, and try to avoid them at all costs.....still, is the weenie thing ok?

:nervous:

• Like 1
Sounds like a replay of the HCP class I took at Dandridge PD. No one needs an Ar except law enforcement, their is no need for a magazine with more than 7 or 8 rounds, if the Brady Bill was still in effect, Sandy Hook or Gabby Gifford would have never taken place,blah blah, yak yak, BS!
  • Like 1

Perhaps after his last go around with the TAG, during his last term, he learned but who knows. I guess I can call up there and just ask be we don't exactly meet eye to eye on some other stuff as well.

I do not want to go with a trust either as I already have plenty of stuff in my name.

And honestly I am not sure I will be doing any more NFA stuff in the next couple of years anyways. The only things I would consider were banned recently by the EO and even though I plan on keep those I would prefer to keep those easily sellable in case someone offers me more than I can refuse.

Sounds like a replay of the HCP class I took at Dandridge PD. No one needs an Ar except law enforcement, their is no need for a magazine with more than 7 or 8 rounds, if the Brady Bill was still in effect, Sandy Hook or Gabby Gifford would have never taken place,blah blah, yak yak, BS!

Man he would have hated me. I used my XDM9 with 19rd mags for my test.

Man he would have hated me. I used my XDM9 with 19rd mags for my test.

Someone should go take a class from his dep't and use an AR or AK pistol with a drum mag.  :stir:

ETA: . . . with a Sig brace just for fun.

Edited by monkeylizard

Someone should go take a class from his dep't and use an AR or AK pistol with a drum mag.  :stir:

ETA: . . . with a Sig brace just for fun.

Now that would be a hoot!

[quote name="peejman" post="1171427" timestamp="1406160638"]Didn't realize he was that bad. Isn't he require by law to address NFA paperwork within a fairly short time period?[/quote] This has always been my thinking. In the end he has no choice, right?

We elected a sheriff who has been in office before. Previously he has said he doesn't believe NFA stuff should be legal in civilians hands. Took a call to the State's Attorney General office to get it done for a friend. And recently he went a bit farther and had all his officers turn in their full auto duty rifles because he said they do not need them either. So officers are now buying their own rifles for duty. It is not about funding either because he is purchasing brand new SIG pistols to replace their relatively new Glocks. And this is being done while officers are being issued armor with a manufacture date of 1992 because they cannot afford new armor for their officers.

It is a sad state of affairs when a sheriff doesn't trust his deputies or provide them with basic lifesaving gear. It is even worse when he doesn't trust those who elected him.

So I think it is about to turn dark in my county as far as NFA stuff is concerned.

I might fill out a form to see what he says and where he stands. I do need to build a few more suppressors for some other weapons as well as maybe making my new AK pistol an SBR.

Well, you can show the new requirements to your old sheriff.  After all, you were the one to give TGO a convenient .pdf ot the law that says he must sign within 15 business days if there isn't a prohibition on the purchaser. :)

I see you are Knoxville area, are you talking about JJ Jones?

I actually live in dandridge, most of the pd are like Vero said. I actually took my permit test with an xdm 9mm also... 19+1.... I also have frienda that work for the pd... a few are on swat as well and carry fa hk ump.... so I don't see how they could say anything lol. Everyone of them have at least one ar15 in their car and a shotgun.

Dolomite, maybe it's time to setup a gun trust?