TWD Season 5

What we know from the neighborhood in Richmond it was hit by a group calling themselves Werewolves.  We will see it again soon.  I agree the reserved teenage girl is up to something and could be a 5th column for the Werewolves, who could also be part of the 3 exiled men.  

I agree with Carol and Carl, the people in the community are soft and really not experienced what is really going on in the outside the walls.  The ROTC wannabe LT is as ate up as a soup sandwich.  I agree with Glenn, he did something to get 4 people killed.  Being a LT doens't impress me and many of us on the forum who have military experience, an officer who doesn't listen to his experienced senior NCO's is a moron and will get people killed.

Walls?????  Braces on the outside?????  I am wondering how the community made it that long????

Anyone notice there was no line of sight from the walls???

Congresswoman in charge.  I checked the 15th Congressional District, it's a back and forth district going from Dem to Rep, and back.  Could anyone imagine going to a camp and Nancy Pelosi be in charge?  

Guess we will learn more in the next episode of two.

Just Wolves.  Not werewolves.  

And I'm curious who the wolves will be.  I'm pretty sure I already know who their leader is and what that means for our group but I'm curious which of the groups from the comics its going to be. 

I've been wondering for 2 weeks now, why nobody in Rick's group hasn't brought up the odd construction of the walls around the community.

Why are the braces on the outside of the walls?

Are they built to keep something in or out? 

If someone already mentioned this, sorry...I just haven't seen this brought up before.

I wondered the EXACT same thing when the wife and I watched it. However, I seriously doubt it's a plot point and more likely just crummy set design.

• Like 2
I'm guessing the supports on the outside of the walls is due to aesthetics. I'd imagine that if I were a pansy architect married to a liberal politician, I'd put the ugly side of the wall on the outside too.

When I saw the walls in a picture from the set while they were filming there, I assumed that the supports were functional and were not meant to be seen.  I thought all the filming was going to be on the inside of the walls, and the walls were as much a way to block the view of the surrounding occupied neighborhood as they were set pieces.  Maybe that was part of the original plan, but they decide to film more on the outside.  So maybe they made them to code and thought they were not going to show much of the outside part.  The scene with Rick walking around the walls could have been filmed anywhere, maybe the director like the way the outside looked.  Maybe there is something to the idea that Alexandria is like a prison for the inhabitants, and the produces are foreshadowing it.

I tried to go find the set when we drove from Atlanta to Destin, but I wasn't successful.  I have relatives who live very near the shooting locations, yet they don't even watch the show.

I was reading an article someone had written where their theory is that the wolves are actually Rick's group, and that they could become the aggressors. Given Rick's comment at the end of the show, it kinda fits.

There were several Easter Eggs hidden in this episode. One was on Rick's new Constable badge, a Latin phrase that translates to "We will Rise again". That could be interpreted to support the above theory.

The comic book was actually a real comic written by the show's creator, Robert Kirkland.

"Just Wolves.  Not werewolves.  

And I'm curious who the wolves will be.  I'm pretty sure I already know who their leader is and what that means for our group but I'm curious which of the groups from the comics its going to be. "

I stand corrected, it is Wolves.

Watched the episode again after watching Talking Dead.  When Rick was talking to the Congresswoman, he looked at the church steeple on the outside of the walls.  I mentioned there was very little line of sight from the community, but allow a steeple that would be a vantage point for sniper and/or recon.  I would be taking down that church ASAP.  

Talking Dead has nothing about the reserved teenage girl that is the wall jumper.  She is totally up to no good.  

Darryl will be the one that has a hard time adjusting to the new community life.  

As "Talking Dead" pointed out, very ackward episode.  Sasha's PTSD is going to get herself or other killed.  Rick going after a married woman?  When this goes bad, will Rick's group continue to follow him?

Darryl is getting comfortable.  

Maggie and Rosita looking good.

Carol will be the one to watch.  

Aaron suprised me, he was able to take care of himself outside the walls par to par with Darryl.

Rick is right, the people in Alexandria don't have a clue what's going on outside.  

I didn't care for the scene with Rick kissing the married woman. I don't think it added anything to the story that wasn't already obvious.

I liked Daryl's storyline this week, I am not sure how he will do as a recruiter, but I know that he will be more comfortable coming and going. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying Aaron was toe to toe with Daryl, but he wasn't useless either.

Sasha is going to have a hard time adapting, if she can. Maybe she will be asked to leave?

I am also wondering if we will meet the 'Wolves' this season, or if we will deal with the inner turmoil of Alexandria for the remaining three episodes.

Sasha is going to have a hard time adapting, if she can. Maybe she will be asked to leave?

Sasha went off on her own in a previous episode (while they were looking for Terminus), so I don't think she would have any problem doing it again. I don't think she'll wait to be excommunicated and will just leave on her own.

I think the horse is a metaphor for the group in Alexandria.  When it was free, it managed to survive without help for months.  Once it got penned, the walkers got it.  Those walls in the compound are great to keep out the dead, but what happens if the people inside need to flee?

Anyone else think that the little bit of stolen chocolate is going to cause Carol more trouble than the guns?  I have a feeling the guns weren't even inventoried, but the food is strictly controlled.  May put Rick in an awkward position if he is expected to enforce a punishment on Carol.

• Like 2

I'm gonna have to watch the scene with Carol and the kid again because I was cracking up and didn't catch it all

It was awesome! Just needed a little dripping sound and Carole looking down at the floor to complete it. lol

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Anyone else think that the little bit of stolen chocolate is going to cause Carol more trouble than the guns?  I have a feeling the guns weren't even inventoried, but the food is strictly controlled.  May put Rick in an awkward position if he is expected to enforce a punishment on Carol.

Really good point.

Anyone else think that the little bit of stolen chocolate is going to cause Carol more trouble than the guns?...

I thought Plump told Carol she could have x amount and told her where to get it?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I thought Plump told Carol she could have x amount and told her where to get it?

- OS

I think this is an editorial error and a plot continuation.  It looked like she took the whole chocolate piece the first time, then again the second time.  Anyone thinking tactically like her would not endanger the mission by taking anything but what they came for, especially when they made it a point to bring up the box of guns they would not notice; I think the writers got lazy.

• Like 1