TWD Season 5

That is about like one of the theories I have said in the past (can't remember if it was here).  It is the Komodo dragon effect--their bite is toxic not because of venom, but because of the sheer amount of bacteria in their mouth.  Walkers could have similar toxic bacteria, which could explain why a bite eventually kills you.  It could also explain the variability in how long people are sick before dying.  Morgan even mentioned that one of the first signs of sickness was the incredibly high fever.  It is not that the bite transmits the Walker germ, but rather it is a source of other infection.  If we wanted to speculate further, it would be that the bacteria in saliva is unique and not found in other body tissues, hence why you can get a face full of blood, guts, etc.  A somewhat similar real world application is rabies--it is almost exclusively transmitted through saliva (the virus travels along nerves and then moves into the salivary gland).  However, you could also be exposed by brain tissue into a wound, so it is not a complete analogous disease.

I know this can't explain the whole deal; for example, was saliva ever dripping into Rick's face?  But in terms of suspension of disbelief, it goes a long ways.  One of the important things is that everyone is already infected; so the only thing that needs to be explained is why bites are worse than any other exposure to Walker body fluids.  This is in contrast to fiction such as 28 Days Later, in which any body fluid infects you.  The Walking Dead would be much harder to excuse if they weren't already infected.

There is a chance that the cannibals' reactions were due to them not knowing that everyone is infected, but you would have thought they would have that figured out, unless they happened to smash the head of anyone who died and never saw a natural-dead person re-animate.  Maybe they ate them too fast before the dead could rise.

I have always assumed the Zombie virus is a weaponized or otherwise mutated rabies variation.

Well I'm 5 years and 4 days late to this party, but I just binge watched all 5 seasons in about 3 weeks. I bought the season pass on iTunes for season 5. Allows me to eliminate the commercials without fast forward. I have enjoyed the entire show. It had had it's slow moments but with binge watching I got over it quick.

Anyhow I'm here now :thumbsup:
  • Like 3

Well I'm 5 years and 4 days late to this party, but I just binge watched all 5 seasons in about 3 weeks. I bought the season pass on iTunes for season 5. Allows me to eliminate the commercials without fast forward. I have enjoyed the entire show. It had had it's slow moments but with binge watching I got over it quick.

I'm truly sorry for you...but welcome to the Walking Dead Fan Thread!

Welcome, took you long enough :shake:

I know right. After I watched the first episode on Netflix it was all over for me.

It was very addictive early on, then I think it lost some steam. It picked back up with this season.

He'll start watching Breaking Bad in 2017.

If he has not watched BB he NEEDS to Binge watch it now!

It was very addictive early on, then I think it lost some steam. It picked back up with this season.

If he has not watched BB he NEEDS to Binge watch it now!

I binge watched that back in 2011 right before the final season. I've always had trouble keeping up with shows live.

I binge watched that back in 2011 right before the final season. I've always had trouble keeping up with shows live.

HA! Me and the wife did the same thing.  Only, we did it right before the last three of four episodes.  It was awesome getting to take it all in like that.  

We have the boxed set now....errr uhh, the drummed set???  THe boxed set came in a miniature black plastic barrel.  LOL!

Edited by Caster

On a scale from 1 to 10 how much do you love Carol now...................the only correct answer is 10 by the way.

• Like 1