TWD Season 5

Delayed response, I've been on vacation in Florida, did watch the show at the hotel, will re-watch on DVR again this week.

Rick's gun is not a .44 mag but a .357 mag Python.  But maybe Rick was playing into Gaerth?

Carol is much desired now, from meak beaten housewife to a leader and fighter.  It's been a while since a survivor masked themselves completely as a walker.  I assume she grabbed the scoped M-4 from the Terminus guy at the shack?

Terminus folks ran the place like an SS death camp, efficient, business like and no feelings.  The dude on the slab being carved up was the one that Rick was holding a .45 to in last episode.  I did notice the kill floor was very clean, looked it could pass a USDA inspection.

When Terminus folks were fighting off the walker herd, shooting from the hip??? in auto fire????  Like Darryl said in first season's epside one or two, "ain't you guys learned nuttin'?" 

The scientist: either is a good at dazzling with brillance or he is baffeling with BS.  I hope it's the former. 

Group broke out of Terminus, glad that happened first episode and not drag out through the season.  I feel the group will regret the decision to move on and not take out the folks (especially Gaeth). 

I really enjoyed the burning Zeds.  It reminded me of AUD. 

Anyone who has played Resident Evil knows that the only thing worse than a zombie is a zombie on fire.  They're always setting off explosive barrels and such.

Anyone who has played Resident Evil knows that the only thing worse than a zombie is a zombie on fire. They're always setting off explosive barrels and such.

When I was younger I had to sneak and play the Resident Evil games after bedtime in the dark. Had nightmares of flaming zombies for several months :/

That episode was awesome! Glad terminus didn't turn into a season long fight for survival.

Carol is a badass!

Hope to hear from Beth soon

Me too. I like it when they are on the move. They were at the prison a little too long. My 60" tv went out a few months ago and we have just been watching an older 27" tube tv. The contrast isn't as good so it's hard to see the darker scenes in the episodes. But with winter coming on and TWD back on I am going to have to get the 70" I've been wanting. Gonna wait and see the black friday ads first.

2 years onto this Walker world and group runs into someone (Father Gaberial) who does not have a full understanding of the walkers.  I would figure that within 6 months after the outbreak, 100% of survivors would have an understanding along with several traumatic events dealing with walkers or rogue survivor elements. 

Group goes to the church which does not have the first form of any defensive measures.  I am getting the feel that something ain't right????  I feel the same as Rick, the pastor is hiding something.

Group sub-splits into small groups for supply runs.  I could understand Rick taking the pastor with him.  It almost goes really bad at the food pantry.  Group gets back together for a good meal, Abraham uses the right time to give the D.C approach.  All in favor.  Overall, sounds good, might as well hit the road and get further away from Terminus.

After dinner, people split up.  Carol sneaks away to the car, she decides she needs to make a path of her own.  Darryl is smart enough to know that Carol is up to something.  She starts the car and they see the car going by that Beth was taken.  They'll go after it, rest of the group has no idea where they are.  This will begin a plot split like we had when the prison was overun.

Bob goes outside crying about something, he has past demons he can't seem to part with.  Gets knocked out by Termites and leg eaten.  With 3 people missing, the group will have to decide what to do.

The carvings on the trees have me puzzled.  I feel the Pastor is hiding something, I am thinking he sold our survivors to Terminus.

I had a feeling Gareth wasn't dead.  Saw him being shot at but not killed.  Too bad Rick got talked out of going back in and finishing the job.  Curious abou the words "you'll burn for this" carved into the church wall.  Only 2 episodes in but so far like what I'm seeing. :up:

I had a feeling Gareth wasn't dead.  Saw him being shot at but not killed.  Too bad Rick got talked out of going back in and finishing the job.  Curious abou the words "you'll burn for this" carved into the church wall.  Only 2 episodes in but so far like what I'm seeing. :up:

As for the scratches on carvings on the church, I think the pastor barricaded himself into the church hording the food and his flock was attempting to get in.  I did notice the walker church lady was in the main food pantry in town and the pastor was not going to defend himself.

• Like 2

As for the scratches on carvings on the church, I think the pastor barricaded himself into the church hording the food and his flock was attempting to get in.  I did notice the walker church lady was in the main food pantry in town and the pastor was not going to defend himself.

I don't know, didn't seem that the church was under any duress, beside a few scratches, I would think it would at least have broken windows or even a kicked in door.  No, I think that maybe he has something to do with Terminus or the people inside it.

• Authorized Vendor

I think that's exactly what happened. I also think that dude was outside crying cause he got bit and knew it was curtains for him. So if he is infected that means those flesh eating Terminus assholes will get infected by eating him no? Payback is a .....well you know. Those two taking off in pursuit of that car is going to make for an interesting story line.

I think that's exactly what happened. I also think that dude was outside crying cause he got bit and knew it was curtains for him. So if he is infected that means those flesh eating Terminus assholes will get infected by eating him no? Payback is a .....well you know. Those two taking off in pursuit of that car is going to make for an interesting story line.

I haven't thought about him crying because he knew he was infected, but I thought the incubation time was like minutes not hours if you got scratched or bit. I may be wrong. That would serve the flesh eaters right though. Lots of unknowns right now, but I'm really liking this season so far. I'd much rather follow Daryl and Carol on their search for Beth than to just let them disappear again though. That would make a good addition to the story line IMO.

Everyone is infected.

This episode was actually close to how the comic went..... 

Also, for anyone interested I have the comic somewhere as a .pdf. Forget what episode is goes through exactly, but well past them arriving at DC. I will search for it and post a link for you to download it.

Potential spoiler, based on how the comic went....

[spoiler]In the comic, yes "Bob" was bitten and they ate the leg of an infected person. However, think about it - they have been eating infected meat all along since everyone is infected. Only difference is this one is bitten.

As for the church, the pastor locked everyone out and barricaded himself in. He listened to their screams and ignored the pleas to save them. [/spoiler]

Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1

Everyone is infected.

This is true in the fact that when anyone dies they will turn. But being bitten must be different and is really bad and will cause you to turn without dying apparently. This is why Rick cut off Hershel's leg when he got bit in the prison. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the flesh eaters next.

This is true in the fact that when anyone dies they will turn. But being bitten must be different and is really bad and will cause you to turn without dying apparently. This is why Rick cut off Hershel's leg when he got bit in the prison. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the flesh eaters next.

It seems odd that they didn't actually reveal that he's been bitten. It seems like it was obvious and I'm definitely not someone who needs to be spoon-fed but they usually make these things clear.

You guys are right about him being bitten (as opposed to him just being infected), of course and clearly it is going to have some kind of implication. On the other hand, hard to imagine that they all haven't had a few mouthfuls of zombie goo over the years.

Edited by tnguy