Bud's is open in Sevierville

Just stopped by, thanks to Garufa for posting!

Full selection of long guns on floor racks so you can actually handle them.

Too many handguns to list, counter staff more than accommodating. They've got them grouped by caliber as opposed to brand which I thought was a pretty neat way to display.

Plenty of handgun and long gun ammo, including .22lr I did NOT price check.

Accessories somewhat limited but they just opened Thursday.

Optics and quality knives also available.

Range should be open 1st week of September.

Was greeted by 2 different employees while I was browsing, friendly and actually thanked me for stopping in.

Gun prices appeared to be competitive and they had some value priced imports.

Store hours are 10-8.
  • Like 2

That's not good!  now we have to start paying sales tax online because they have a shop in-state

Yep, unless you're using an expensive FFL for transfer, you're gonna pay more in sales tax than the transfer fee for most all firearms. And it becomes a double whammy to do it online.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yep, unless you're using an expensive FFL for transfer, you're gonna pay more in sales tax than the transfer fee for most all firearms. And it becomes a double whammy to do it online.

- OS

I've been to their Lexington location several times & noticed that many of their in store prices are lower than their online prices so maybe that will make up for the tax on some guns. I stopped in at their Lexington location a couple weeks ago & was looking at a used Ruger P89. It was priced $329 online, but only $299 in the retail store. Of course this may not be true for all items, but it was for some of the ones I compared. I know their 9mm, 357 mag., & .45 acp ammo prices were very competitive, but .22lr was about $4 higher than WM, but at least Bud's had plenty of it in stock. :rock:

I've been to their Lexington location several times & noticed that many of their in store prices are lower than their online prices so maybe that will make up for the tax on some guns. I stopped in at their Lexington location a couple weeks ago & was looking at a used Ruger P89. It was priced $329 online, but only $299 in the retail store. Of course this may not be true for all items, but it was for some of the ones I compared. I know their 9mm, 357 mag., & .45 acp ammo prices were very competitive, but .22lr was about $4 higher than WM, but at least Bud's had plenty of it in stock. :rock:

Well, you make my point. Most Tennesseans aren't able to pop over to Sevierville when they want a certain gun, so they'll be paying the web price plus FFL transfer, and now plus sales tax.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Thank's for the report!   Sounds like it's time to make a Bass Pro/Beef Jerky store/SMKW and now Bud's run.

When you do pick me up I would like to go.

I'm glad Buds is in Tennessee. Competition is good for us.

That said....ever try these guys online? 

http://www.jgsales.com/

I recently bought a pistol from them and then I bought a bunch of other parts for the gun I bought. They are my new favorite shop.

When you do pick me up I would like to go.

I recently bought a pistol from them and then I bought a bunch of other parts for the gun I bought. They are my new favorite shop.

I might be heading up that way tomorrow if you want to go.

I purchased a pair of rifles from them a month or two back, knowing it would likely be my last purchase from them. Having to pay tax on top of ffl transfer or gas money to get there and back is a deal killer. If they were located centrally at least most TN residents could afford to make the drive, but being on an extreme corner of the wide state means that most TN residents will be hurt more than helped by this move. Sad day for me, I used to give them a lot of money, probably got 40-50 guns from them over the past few years.
  • Like 1

Do we know for certain they will charge sales tax?  I know for Amazon purchases, if its not in the TN warehouse or a TN vendor, I do not get charged for Sales Tax.  Just now, for a test, I purchased a gun from buds in Ky, and all the way up to the confirmation screen which is the last screen, the total charge did not include sales tax.  So if they are going charge sales tax, they have not started yet.

I would like give an invitation to all my fellow TGO members to come visit us at Bud's Gun Shop and Range located at 2270 Two River Blvd In Sevierville. We are located on the opposite end of the Coleman Outlet store. Plenty of guns and ammo are available. The range will be open around the end of August baring no construction delays. Visit our Facebook page to get an idea of what we have.

That Coleman outlet store is posted, at least the last time I checked.  I found out when I was going to buy some new lanterns.

Well, you make my point. Most Tennesseans aren't able to pop over to Sevierville when they want a certain gun, so they'll be paying the web price plus FFL transfer, and now plus sales tax.

- OS

Exactly, Bud's just lost all of my online business unless they have some ludicrously crazy deal that compensates for the 9.25% price hike.

PSA is #1 on the list now, sorry Bud!

Edited by Sam1

Exactly, Bud's just lost all of my online business unless they have some ludicrously crazy deal that compensates for the 9.25% price hike.

PSA is #1 on the list now, sorry Bud!

Also be sure to check out I haven't brought from there but I was there when I saw a guy do an FFL transfer.  He had brought several.  I guess stock keeps changing so you need to check often.