Bud's is open in Sevierville

Has anyone compared prices between retail & website?

Have they priced the retail store guns lower to allow for the taxes you have to pay?

If you're talking about Bud's in Lexington (The Gun Warehouse), many of their in store prices are lower than their online prices to help make up for "free" shipping. I haven't been to the Sevierville location yet, but I have visited the Lexington location several times & noted that many of their handguns are priced $20-$40 cheaper if you buy them at the retail location. I called the Sevierville location about a week ago for a price & asked if they were planning to list guns & prices online like the Lexington location does, but was told they don't have any plans of listing their in stock guns or prices online. I wish they would, but I also understand that with stock rotating as fast as it does it would be a pain to keep up with.

Has anyone compared prices between retail & website?

Have they priced the retail store guns lower to allow for the taxes you have to pay?

You can have guns you bought from online Bud's shipped to the Sevierville store, just as with any other ISP. No taxes then, but dunno what they charge for the transfer?

- OS

You can have guns you bought from online Bud's shipped to the Sevierville store, just as with any other ISP. No taxes then, but dunno what they charge for the transfer?

- OS

I have a Colt AR15A4 on layaway right now at Buds.com.  I asked the sales tax question when I placed my order the end of August about the Sevierville store, the nice sales person at Buds.com, said there would be tax charged if I had Buds.com ship to Buds brick and mortar store in Sevierville.  I took her explanation that the Sevierville store would have to charge sales tax for a FFL transfer from Buds.com to Buds of Sevierville on the item, even though the seller or origin was Buds.com.  I though this was odd, but did not bother to ask questions, since I was set to use my local FFL < 1 mile from my house.

Edited by Runco

I have a Colt AR15A4 on layaway right now at Buds.com.  I asked the sales tax question when I placed my order the end of August about the Sevierville store, the nice sales person at Buds.com, said there would be tax charged if I had Buds.com ship to Buds brick and mortar store in Sevierville.  I took her explanation that the Sevierville store would have to charge sales tax for a FFL transfer from Buds.com to Buds of Sevierville on the item, even though the seller or origin was Buds.com.  I though this was odd, but did not bother to ask questions, since I was set to use my local FFL < 1 mile from my house.

I read a FAQ somewhere that said the opposite, no sales tax, because of the different entity thing.  Perhaps they meant if gun was shipped to store for payment there, rather than buying it online and having it shipped for transfer like you'd do with any other FFL?

- OS

I read a FAQ somewhere that said the opposite, no sales tax, because of the different entity thing.  Perhaps they meant if gun was shipped to store for payment there, rather than buying it online and having it shipped for transfer like you'd do with any other FFL?

- OS

I agree, but that is what the Buds.com person said on the phone.  Maybe it is a way for the local store to avoid any impropriety.  If they are going to go down the path of two independent legal entities, this would appear as a no issue other than paying a the FFL transfer fee + TICS.

I agree, but that is what the Buds.com person said on the phone.  Maybe it is a way for the local store to avoid any impropriety.  If they are going to go down the path of two independent legal entities, this would appear as a no issue other than paying a the FFL transfer fee + TICS.

I sent question to them through the Sevierville store website, let's see if they confirm.

- OS

Just tried to buy a 338 Lapua there last Tuesday and they would not sell the gun at the cash price that's on the website. I mean how the hell do I pay cash over the Internet.

You get the cash price on website by letting them do electronic draft from your bank checking account. Easy peasy option in checkout, takes about 4 working days to clear, a lot easier than sending in a money order.

Same way you pay other bills online from a bank account.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

You get the cash price on website by letting them do electronic draft from your bank checking account. Easy peasy option in checkout, takes about 4 working days to clear, a lot easier than sending in a money order.

Same way you pay other bills online from a bank account.

- OS

But I can't hand them $3000 cash while standing in front of them?

Just tried to buy a 338 Lapua there last Tuesday and they would not sell the gun at the cash price that's on the website. I mean how the hell do I pay cash over the Internet.

They don't price match with the Bud's Lexington online price because Bud's in Seveirville is a privately owned franchise store. You can have Bud's in Lexington transfer the rifle to the Sevierville location & get the "cash" price by either paying Bud's online with a debit card or mailing a MO to their Lexington location. I've mailed MO to Bud's in KY & actually had my pistol in hand at my FFL within two days. It's a simple & fast way to pay & get your item.

No response to my inquiry through their site, but you all must have been talking at cross purposes regarding them having a gun shipped to Bud's in Seveirville and paying for it locally or something.

I just put a gun in cart at Bud's website, chose Bud's Sevierville as FFL for transfer, and last confirmation of order before paying for it still showed no sales tax.

The store in Sevierville is same as any other FFL. If they weren't separate legal entities, Bud's online would have to charge sales tax for all orders to TN, regardless of destination FFL.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot