My life has been threatened what do I do

It just occurred to me... Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing any of the ladies weigh in on this one. Are we that intimidating?

Or are they that unwilling to admit we're right? :hiding:

:)

If the woman I grew up with were on here the response would have been much harsher than anything we have posted.

My mom doesn't mince words on issues like this.
[quote name="Hozzie" post="1174269" timestamp="1406829495"]If the woman I grew up with were on here the response would have been much harsher than anything we have posted. My mom doesn't mince words on issues like this.[/quote] Mine either.

It just occurred to me...  Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing any of the ladies weigh in on this one.   Are we that intimidating? 

Or are they that unwilling to admit we're right?     :hiding:

:)

I told my wife about this thread yesterday and she wouldn't even let me finish the story without saying "DUMP HER" over and over.

• Like 1

:wave:    Is this thread nearing any kind of records for most views or anything?????          Just curious............. :shrug:

It's surpassed even the gayest of gay threads that I can recall and appears to be approaching critical mass, aka chick-a-fillet OC status.
  • Like 1

My dad taught me from a young age that life is hard enough by itself, but if I make bad decisions, I will make it exponentially harder for myself.  So I have tried to live my life on the straight and narrow and can say that because of my good decision making, (not always easy or popular), I live an excellent life.  I have the worlds best wife.  We dated 5 1/2 years before we got married.  We were both virgins up until our wedding...but definitely not afterwords.  ;-)  She doesn't emasculate me and she lets me be a man as well as appreciates that I am a man.  She encourages me in where I am weak, and lifts me up where I am strong.  She is a hard worker and when I lost my job a few years ago, she was a source of comfort and calmness in a very stressful situation.  The other day we got into an argument that was clearly her fault...she couldn't see it at the time, but the next day she apologized to me, asked for forgiveness and said she will do better next time. I look forward to coming home after work.  We have no jealousy towards each other...well except she is much better looking that I am but I digress.  I could go out to dinner with any of her girlfriends and she wouldn't think anything of it.  And on the other side, I would trust her with any of my guy friends.  She loves God, loves others and loves herself.  She is very much my best friend and I am always looking forward to growing old with her.  

Now contrast that to the one you are choosing to be with.  

But in her *slight* defense, how can she respect you as a man, if you aren't acting like one?   Its time to start making some manly decisions.  Don't be a victim.  Time to go get a real job and move out.  You won't like your job...welcome to manhood.  When Adam sinned in the Garden, our curse was to have to work to provide for ourselves.  You will never find work more enjoyable than playing video games at your grandparents house living rent free.  But put your hours in, work harder than anyone else around you, maintain a positive attitude and that will get noticed.  With some experience, you will either move up in the company, or you have made yourself marketable to find a more enjoyable and better paying job.  

I am 28 years old and I approve of this message.   :up:

• Like 15
Unlike Slappy, I had to learn how not to live first. It was fun at first, then dues had to be paid ... lowest point of my life. Divorced out of a toxic relationship and lost pretty much everything I had.

At that point, only one way to go and that is up. The Lord touched me and let me know I was not numbah one on his poop list.

Quit drinking, prayed for a good woman, got one and things started to roll.

Been one heck of a ride, rough times, good times and everything fell into place.

A good woman will amplify your efforts exponentially.

A bad woman will drag you down so fast and hard, you'll never see it coming till it's too late.

I'm very grateful we have each other.
  • Like 5
[quote name="Slappy" post="1176426" timestamp="1407375549"]My dad taught me from a young age that life is hard enough by itself, but if I make bad decisions, I will make it exponentially harder for myself. So I have tried to live my life on the straight and narrow and can say that because of my good decision making, (not always easy or popular), I live an excellent life. I have the worlds best wife. We dated 5 1/2 years before we got married. We were both virgins up until our wedding...but definitely not afterwords. ;-) She doesn't emasculate me and she lets me be a man as well as appreciates that I am a man. She encourages me in where I am weak, and lifts me up where I am strong. She is a hard worker and when I lost my job a few years ago, she was a source of comfort and calmness in a very stressful situation. The other day we got into an argument that was clearly her fault...she couldn't see it at the time, but the next day she apologized to me, asked for forgiveness and said she will do better next time. I look forward to coming home after work. We have no jealousy towards each other...well except she is much better looking that I am but I digress. I could go out to dinner with any of her girlfriends and she wouldn't think anything of it. And on the other side, I would trust her with any of my guy friends. She loves God, loves others and loves herself. She is very much my best friend and I am always looking forward to growing old with her. Now contrast that to the one you are choosing to be with. But in her *slight* defense, how can she respect you as a man, if you aren't acting like one? Its time to start making some manly decisions. Don't be a victim. Time to go get a real job and move out. You won't like your job...welcome to manhood. When Adam sinned in the Garden, our curse was to have to work to provide for ourselves. You will never find work more enjoyable than playing video games at your grandparents house living rent free. But put your hours in, work harder than anyone else around you, maintain a positive attitude and that will get noticed. With some experience, you will either move up in the company, or you have made yourself marketable to find a more enjoyable and better paying job. I am 28 years old and I approve of this message. :up:[/quote] Had to quote it simply because hitting "like" wasn't strong enough. Excellent post. I am also 28, and I second this message
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

My dad taught me from a young age that life is hard enough by itself, but if I make bad decisions, I will make it exponentially harder for myself.  So I have tried to live my life on the straight and narrow and can say that because of my good decision making, (not always easy or popular), I live an excellent life.  I have the worlds best wife.  We dated 5 1/2 years before we got married.  We were both virgins up until our wedding...but definitely not afterwords.  ;-)  She doesn't emasculate me and she lets me be a man as well as appreciates that I am a man.  She encourages me in where I am weak, and lifts me up where I am strong.  She is a hard worker and when I lost my job a few years ago, she was a source of comfort and calmness in a very stressful situation.  The other day we got into an argument that was clearly her fault...she couldn't see it at the time, but the next day she apologized to me, asked for forgiveness and said she will do better next time. I look forward to coming home after work.  We have no jealousy towards each other...well except she is much better looking that I am but I digress.  I could go out to dinner with any of her girlfriends and she wouldn't think anything of it.  And on the other side, I would trust her with any of my guy friends.  She loves God, loves others and loves herself.  She is very much my best friend and I am always looking forward to growing old with her.  

Now contrast that to the one you are choosing to be with.  

But in her *slight* defense, how can she respect you as a man, if you aren't acting like one?   Its time to start making some manly decisions.  Don't be a victim.  Time to go get a real job and move out.  You won't like your job...welcome to manhood.  When Adam sinned in the Garden, our curse was to have to work to provide for ourselves.  You will never find work more enjoyable than playing video games at your grandparents house living rent free.  But put your hours in, work harder than anyone else around you, maintain a positive attitude and that will get noticed.  With some experience, you will either move up in the company, or you have made yourself marketable to find a more enjoyable and better paying job.  

I am 28 years old and I approve of this message.   :up:

I'm 28 too. Seems to be a popular age here.

Yeah well, I'm 23. If you connect the semicircles in the 3 it would be an 8. Coincidence?

• Moderators

I'm 59 and Slappy's message hits home with me as well. I'm not 28 anymore, but I still approve of his message! Post well written Slappy!

Dave

But if you take the 5 and the 9 and subtract a one from each you get 48. What is the square root of 4? 2!

You get a 2 and an 8, or 28!

• Like 3