My life has been threatened what do I do

Been there done that before. Same chick same crap with four different dudes (I'm a slow learner). You can't change them no matter how much you want to. Eventually you decide that you have had enough and move on.

She ended up marrying a guy I know and having his best friends baby and he stuck with her thinking she would change. Now he is raising his ex-friends baby and is, as of last month, the white father of a African American baby.

It's hard to hear advice like is being given here and even harder to take it. I was given the same advice and didn't listen. Save yourself a lot of problems and heartache by heeding our collective advice or at the very least being extremely cautious from this point forward.
I have always had an extreme aversion to, and strong moral stance against cheating in any form... whether verbal, emotional, physical, online, brief, temporary, occasional, flirting, etc. So I have absolutely no respect and nothing but total disgust and revulsion for anyone that cheats. No special circumstances justify it or make it ok, or reduce the seriousness in any way, at least to me. Obviously as the person being cheated on, it is extremely painful and emotionally devastating, thus you develop strong feelings against anyone involved in the situation, yet you must first and foremost hold your significant other accountable for developing the situation or allowing it to develop to the point that it has. While I never once cheated on anyone ever, not even in a slight way, I have been cheated on several times and in each case I ended the relationship immediately, cold turkey, straight to zero. No discussion, no make-ups or do-overs, no therapy sessions. This may seem harsh, cold, or overkill, and some will preach tolerance and forgiveness, which I do believe in for other transgressions, but the sad truth is that a leopard rarely changes their spots, so making excuses for their behavior or overlooking their responsibility for the situation will only come back to haunt you in a much more painful way later. This is one of those lessons best learned early, and only once.
  • Like 3

You lead an interesting life. :stare:

I speak this from experience; not sure about 2.0000's professional position, but any time you are in a position of authority regarding the termination of employees, you rack up death threats like old ladies rack up bingo chips. The threat itself becomes much less of a big deal, though you have, certainly, a very heightened awareness for a while. Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 2
Guest theconstitutionrocks

long story short a guy my fiancee has been talking to online with has fallen in love and has threatened to move to tennessee and stay here long enough to get a gun and use it on me if i try to get between them, he currently lives in michigan and has no job, its hard to go into details about this, so if you have questions please ask in pm, im just asking what i should or need to do? im thinking of getting these aswell as a carry permit when money permits

http://www.classicfirearms.com/chicomsks

http://www.classicfirearms.com/zastava-m88-c

Seems to me the first thing to do is document the event, then notify LE. While they might not be able to do much now, the fact that they have his information may cause him to think twice.

I speak this from experience; not sure about 2.0000's professional position, but any time you are in a position of authority regarding the termination of employees, you rack up death threats like old ladies rack up bingo chips. The threat itself becomes much less of a big deal, though you have, certainly, a very heightened awareness for a while.

Well not so much fired employees, but a pretty similar situation in regards to healthcare. Some family members write letters, some complain to hospital administration, a few file lawsuits, then there is the occasional death threat just to keep it interesting.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

Well, it's been 3.5 hours since this thread opened...so no reason the GF should still be around.  If you think you can win her back, or she will come to her senses, sorry man, this situation is beyond salvaging. 

As to her online heartthrob...

Document everything you can then notify the local police where he lives about the death threats, email/fax them copies of his threats. Then submit copies of your documentation with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.  Let a the background check process catch this asshat if he tries to get a gun through a vendor.  Won't stop him if he's serious enough, but taking away one avenue isn't nothing.

I am going to hold off on judging the fiance until more information about the nature of the conversations is available.  Normal guys do not fall in love from simple chatting over a short term.  With that said there is the very real possibility that this is not a normal guy.  There is the very real possibility that this guy has some form of attachment disorder. There is also the potential that there is more going on than what your fiance has told you.  I recommend exercising caution either way.  Document and contact local LE in the area.

• Like 2
I also want to add that I agree with the statements above that there are plenty of Internet tough guys out there that pose no serious threat. That being said, there are tons of stories out there that present the possibility of those psychos that will do something like he threatened to do at the drop of a hat. I would take the threat as seriously as if he told you to your face and document everything, contact authorities here and there immediately with all the up to date info you have at your disposal. (Which had also been said here already) Edited by rugerla1
  • Moderators
[quote name="Bolt_Overide" post="1172781" timestamp="1406515391"]fiance is the root of the problem, no man falls in love just chatting. [/quote]

I am going to hold off on judging the fiance until more information about the nature of the conversations is available. Normal guys do not fall in love from simple chatting over a short term. With that said there is the very real possibility that this is not a normal guy. There is the very real possibility that this guy has some form of attachment disorder. There is also the potential that there is more going on than what your fiance has told you. I recommend exercising caution either way. Document and contact local LE in the area.
I am going to give you and your Fiancée the benefit if the doubt. If you trust her entirely discuss with her. Really find out what "chatting with her" means. If she has been hopping online for hours daily and romantically entangling herself with this guy, you should probably call it quits. If this guy sent her a Facebook message saying "hey you are pretty" and she replied "thanks" and that was all there was to it, then maybe stick up for her and with her and do all that is necessary to protect the best of you. There are nuts out there that become severally attached for the most incredible reasons. Things such as "she looked at me in class the second I thought of her so it must be fate". That type of scary stuff. I have seen firsthand this sort of attachment and I guess I never truly understood how severe this type of thing could be. It does happen and can be very dangerous. Let us know what happens!
  • Like 3
I won't pile in, but also having been in the "cheated on" group, have a very serious retrospective look at your relationship. It's hard to "see" the signs and even harder to accept them when you are involved and want to believe the best. I agree that it's highly likely your fiancé gave off signals he interpreted either rightly or wrongly. Either way, the signals should never have been given.

I would say have a serious talk with her, but to be honest she can probably convince you that everything is fine. Take advice from everyone here. Have a serious discussion with yourself. I think you will come to the right answer if you are truthful with yourself.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my wife told me she had been talking to a man in Michigan online and now he's threatening me, the least of my worries would be the dude in MichiganThat said, if you have his real name you could at the very least file an order of protection providing you can prove the threat. Otherwise I'd deal with the other 50% of the problem

You wont get an OP in another state unless you reside there, you can lawyer up and file for a restraining order, after spending a ton of money,but you'd be hard pressed to get an op issued.
An op typically won't be issued anywhere unless he's threatened to kill you. If you're a woman, your odds go up significantly,and if the other party is someone you've been in a relationship with, odds are higher in favor.
Last but not least that op, if issued,may only last 2 weeks until a hearing where it will get tossed out when Fabio says I was only kidding or it was taken out of context or character.

I'd find out more about him and see if the ol lady still has comms w him... First .... If she's still in touch,time for the boot...

Don't be surprised of lunatics online... your fiancee might have had nothing to do with it... not enough info here to go on.

I 'talked' (as in played a MMORPG with) some lady occasionally online (didn't even know it was a lady for most of the time) and even though we never talked personally, she somehow fell in love with me and started talking about leaving her husband and stuff... so yes, there are some crazy people out there.  Don't just assume she did something wrong... find out what really happened.  I can't think a guy who has threatened to come kill you is mentally stable anyways.

Edited by cjohnson44546
Hey everyone thank you all for the info and advice you have given, I am currently in Murfreesboro on a contract job so when I get some extra time I will post back with more info on what's been going, how it got started etc when I get the time again from the deepest place I can think of thank you all

I guess I'm lucky, As I have never had a "death threat" leveled against me by anyone. ( but i'm sure one day it will happen). But that is another story sure to come up at some point.

IMO, find out all that is going on with this long distance threat and your fiancee and record it if you can. If it was me in your situation I would have to ditch the fiancee and distance myself from any sort of drama with this thing.

But I'm sure it could be innocent, if you love her and she truely loves you, you can work things out. Just block the dude from messaging her and you and tell her to stop talking to people online. Especially guys online.