Carter's in Chattanooga

Anybody here a member? I'm thinking of joining and want some insider info. Their website says they are in the middle of a remodel and when they get done it will be the biggest range in TN? I was a member at shooters depot for a year, but let it expire when I found out Carters allows shotguns on theirs (my S12 is one of my favorite guns to shoot).

So anyways, good to go? Cons?

I'm a memeber and yes they are still remodeling. You can shoot what ever you like. However some people get too happy or don't know what their doing and have shot the hell out of the hangers/wires. That leaves the lane unsuable until they fix it. Which happens pretty quick. I just don't understand how someone can miss THAT bad in a indoor rage that probably is at max 20 yards. If you reload, paying for a year that includes unlimited visits, works. Or else its $10 a visit. Well worth it in my opinion. I'm sure there are other "better" places but not for me. They've earned my loyalty even though volunteer ordanace is way closer to me. Just my two cents. In the end its your opinion that matters.
  • Like 1
Guest 04 Rocko Taco

whenever I go to a public range, I spend way more time worrying about the idiot in the stall or lane next to me than I do having fun shooting my toys.

Thank God for private land. 

whenever I go to a public range, I spend way more time worrying about the idiot in the stall or lane next to me than I do having fun shooting my toys.
Thank God for private land.

I have private land, but I never can bring myself to shoot on it (other than hunting) because I don't want to chase the deer off. I agree about worrying about the other folks, though. Makes me nervous sometimes too Edited by Batman
Guest 04 Rocko Taco

I have private land, but I never can bring myself to shoot on it (other than hunting) because I don't want to chase the deer off. I agree about worrying about the other folks, though. Makes me nervous sometimes too

It isnt my private land, unfortunately, but my buddy doesnt hunt, and we wheel enough on the property with groups of offroad toyotas enough to pretty much chase the deer around in circles on his 500 acres anyway.
Shooting is never an issue. 

I too got my permit there almost a decade ago and became a range member.  I stopped going a couple of years ago because the place really fell apart.  You would go and only half the lanes would work and the ventilation was terrible.  I am glad to hear that they are doing some upgrades since it is by far the closest indoor range to me.