Ebola Patients Coming to U.S.

Better facilities, an entire team of doctors focused on two patients.  From the article they are being brought home in an isolation bubble equipped aircraft.  They will be placed immediately in another isolation unit at the hospital.  I would imagine they can learn a lot more about this strain with two patients at WHO stateside facilities.  

• Like 1

Let's hope you're right.  This strain seems to be particularly contagious.

It's actually less lethal than the usual though, but of course 65% or so is still pretty bad odds and all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
An East Tennessee doctor treating Ebola patients in West Africa has just returned home after being evacuated by the aid group he was working for. He is currently in Morristown. Prior to this he was working in the same hospital Ebola unit as American Dr. Kent Brantly, who is now fighting the deadly disease himself in Liberia. Ran this tonight on the 11pm news
Burn 'Em! Burn everything! Oh wait that was small pox.

Let's hope it's for the best and they can study the strain to develop a vaccine. Otherwise it could be a real life walking dead scenario. I call Carl!
  • Like 1

An East Tennessee doctor treating Ebola patients in West Africa has just returned home after being evacuated by the aid group he was working for. He is currently in Morristown. Prior to this he was working in the same hospital Ebola unit as American Dr. Kent Brantly, who is now fighting the deadly disease himself in Liberia. Ran this tonight on the 11pm news

This is entirely too close to home!
  • Like 2
If it's not so easily spread supposedly only by fluids as they are telling us then why the isolation chambers on the plane to bring them back. I think it's much worse but the first pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine wins big. Sounds like our safety is 2nd to profit.

Well, as far as I'm concerned we know very well how our Government works. That is why we still have stored some of all the most dangerous diseases known to man in laboratories in freezers. We studied them, created a vaccine for them that worked very well and made people well and protected millions of others. With that said what is the reason our Federal scientists have kept viles of the disease instead of destroying it. Chemical weapons of course. All they are wanting to do with the Ebola is create a vaccine for it and then store it along with all the other viles for a possible future weapon................jmho

If it's not so easily spread supposedly only by fluids as they are telling us then why the isolation chambers on the plane to bring them back. I think it's much worse but the first pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine wins big. Sounds like our safety is 2nd to profit.

This is from the above linked article, and is speaking about one of the infected doctors. Yikes.

"Meanwhile, Writebol's husband, David, who like his wife is with Samaritan's Purse, is near her, said their son Jeremy, who spoke with CNN's Chris Cuomo from the United States. But she is isolated from him, and he has to wear head-to-toe protective clothing similar to a hazmat suit so that he does not contract a disease that starts out with similar symptoms as a strong flu but can end in internal bleeding and death."
Guest kingarmory

Many delegates from the three countries infested with Ebola are coming for a White House summit next week.  We need to get a bigger bubble.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/big-presidential-entourages-from-3-nations-facing-ebola-outbreak-coming-to-obamas-africa-summit/article/2551492

No, we need more delegates ;)  This sounds like a good way to clean out DC ahead of the 2014 and 2016 elections :devil:

...I think it's much worse but the first pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine wins big. Sounds like our safety is 2nd to profit.

Reports I've heard stated that reason there's no vaccine for any of the hemorrhagic fevers is that the opposite is true -- Big Pharma doesn't see a payoff to even recoup the R and D to create them. Quite isolated outbreaks in poor parts of the world, where individuals and governments wouldn't have the bucks to pay for the thing if they developed it. Remember, this is the biggest Ebola outbreak of all time, and it's only killed less than 800. More people likely routinely die of starvation and bad water in those areas over same time period than that.

One guy said could probably have a vaccine in as little as 2-3 years but only if government threw the money at it, because Big Pharma won't.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Reports I've heard stated that reason there's no vaccine for any of the hemorrhagic fevers is that the opposite is true -- Big Pharma doesn't see a payoff to even recoup the R and D to create them. Quite isolated outbreaks in poor parts of the world, where individuals and governments wouldn't have the bucks to pay for the thing if they developed it. Remember, this is the biggest Ebola outbreak of all time, and it's only killed less than 800. More people likely routinely die of starvation and bad water in those areas over same time period than that.

One guy said could probably have a vaccine in as little as 2-3 years but only if government threw the money at it, because Big Pharma won't.

- OS

In 3rd world counties yes but If it gets out in the US the payoff is huge. It "accidentally" gets out here. The need for a vaccine makes economical sense.

Yes I am a germ a phobe. I clean the house with bleach cause I like the smell. I'll go find my tin hat now. LOL Edited by Dad03

Like an older Metallica song, be careful what you wish, you just may get it!  Zombie lovers alert, your wish maybe coming to a community near you. 

Agree US facilities are the best, but the human element of oops is always present.