Ebola Patients Coming to U.S.

No they aren't. Same as first stories -- the lady in Britain was shown to not have it. The latest person in NY doesn't have official test results in yet.

- OS

Different stories, it says 6 people involved in the NY thing, not just one.

Anyone want to read a good book on the subject, try Richard Preston's The Hot Zone.  I reread it about a year ago, and it was pretty darn scary the second time.

That's a great book, and I believe it is much more truthful in how it is spread... we're not getting the entire story on this one.

If it was only communicable by means of exchanging blood or other fluids like HIV is, there would be no reason to go to the extent that they are to contain it.  Some of the contagious disease people have already come out and said otherwise, but the .gov is trying to quash panic.

Reports I've heard stated that reason there's no vaccine for any of the hemorrhagic fevers is that the opposite is true -- Big Pharma doesn't see a payoff to even recoup the R and D to create them. Quite isolated outbreaks in poor parts of the world, where individuals and governments wouldn't have the bucks to pay for the thing if they developed it. Remember, this is the biggest Ebola outbreak of all time, and it's only killed less than 800. More people likely routinely die of starvation and bad water in those areas over same time period than that.

One guy said could probably have a vaccine in as little as 2-3 years but only if government threw the money at it, because Big Pharma won't.

- OS

Not to worry in 5-10 years we'll be a third world nation with no money so ebola will probably be the lessor of the multiple evils.

That's a great book, and I believe it is much more truthful in how it is spread... we're not getting the entire story on this one.

If it was only communicable by means of exchanging blood or other fluids like HIV is, there would be no reason to go to the extent that they are to contain it.  Some of the contagious disease people have already come out and said otherwise, but the .gov is trying to quash panic.

Imagine if it somehow got out and they weren't going to the extents they're going to...

Not that they should probably be doing it in the first place but CYA applies.

Different stories, it says 6 people involved in the NY thing, not just one.

Sigh, Yes. Different stories, but no conflicting information as you suggest. In NYC, the six had already been cleared, the new guy remains waiting official test results.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Besides, we will be labeled racist if we don't want the Ebola here!

:) :)

Well, we've known about Ebola for almost 40 years, and the worst that has happened is this outbreak, which has only killed 700 people or so in a part of the world where health care is largely non-existent at all, so I'll let those with the heavy duty tinfoil worry about it. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
I'll bet you this. If it was any other President they would be on the tube explaining the situation and comforting the public. And if it there was a Republican in the White House he would be crucified over this and blamed for it.
  • Like 2

I'll bet you this. If it was any other President they would be on the tube explaining the situation and comforting the public. And if it there was a Republican in the White House he would be crucified over this and blamed for it.

Well it's already turned into a race issue... people on the news now saying that it was racist that the vaccine was given to two white americans but not the 1000 black africans.

No mention about how the vaccine was experimental and had never been given to a human before so these people literally put their life on the line for it.

Well, we've known about Ebola for almost 40 years, and the worst that has happened is this outbreak, which has only killed 700 people or so in a part of the world where health care is largely non-existent at all, so I'll let those with the heavy duty tinfoil worry about it. :)

- OS

Not for nuthin', but you'd think the government would have the decency to tell us that Ebola may be an airborne virus.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/ebola-airborne-verified-studies-show-airborne-transmission-of-deadly-virus-nih-lancet-osha/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Both patients lived and have been released back into society now. Without half of America being infected or anything. :)

- OS

Don't be sarcastic, this is how it all starts. We need Dustin Hoffman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

I am telling you, in the next 2-5 years there will be cases in the wild in the US.

There will some pricy meds to fight it as well.

Well, we have cases in the wild of leprosy and bubonic plague and other exotic stuff here every year too. Doesn't mean it's any kind of game changer.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot