New Ammo

If it is a gold colored bullet it is probably a plated bullet. Nothing wrong with plated bullets but if you decide to melt them down to reclaim lead you have to piece the jacket or they will explode as the lead inside melts.

I bought my first round of ammo today. Haven't bought ammo in years but decided to buy some steel case 223 and save my reloading components.

If it is a gold colored bullet it is probably a plated bullet. Nothing wrong with plated bullets but if you decide to melt them down to reclaim lead you have to piece the jacket or they will explode as the lead inside melts.

I bought my first round of ammo today. Haven't bought ammo in years but decided to buy some steel case 223 and save my reloading components.

if you haven't bought ammo in years and only bought one round today……i'd say the streak is still in tact :)

Looks like Fiocci  (sp)?  This stuff is made in Italy. The Fiocci I last had was gold bullets too. Don't see it much around here.

Guest Skyline034
That is manufactured by TULA. If you flip the box around it says it in the lower corner. I have shot it and the 9mm works fine but I did have some issues with chamber tolerance on the .40 S&W.

That is manufactured by TULA. If you flip the box around it says it in the lower corner. I have shot it and the 9mm works fine but I did have some issues with chamber tolerance on the .40 S&W.

Tulammo is importation entity ala Wolf.  Though it primarily handles Russian ammo from Tula factory,  just like Wolf it also distributes ammo made in other countries too. Box also says "Made in Italy".

So far I think this is only branded for WalMart distribution,  just like Monarch is only for Academy.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

If I'm not mistaken it says "Distributed by TULAMMO USA"  which is 1)  not manufactured by TULA or TULAMMO and 2) TULAMMO is not necessarily manufactured by TULA regardless of the name.