So who has eFiled a Form 1?

Just curious what you submitted as I am getting conflicting information from the NFA branch depending on who you talk to. I want to submit just enough for approval and nothing more. I do not like the submit everything approach because it gives them more things to scrutinize as well as more information than what is needed by the ATF to complete it.

I think I have it sorted out but just curious what everyone else is submitting.

I am submitting my trust, my Schedule A and a sheet transferring ownership of the item from me to the trust.

Anything else?

BTW, when this is done I will do a write up on the process and what is actually needed.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

You should also need the trust certification documents that certify your trust IAW state law.  It looks like an extra notarized section separate from your actual trust.  Not sure if you included them when you said you submitted your trust.

I submitted on 10 July, and I'll post a rundown of how my process went as well as soon as I get the stamp.

Edited by btq96r

I am submitting my trust, my Schedule A and a sheet transferring ownership of the item from me to the trust.

The guys that have been posting about it in the NFA Facebook group are just submitting the trust and schedule A.  Nothing else.  The transfer of ownership isn't necessary.  You can include it but its just extra.  

All I sent was trust including schedule A and mine was approved a few weeks ago.  I sent mine before they shut it down, so mine took 4 months but recent ones have been approved in as little as 35 days or so.  It's time to send them another one!  I've got a Noveske lower begging to be an SBR.

My trust, at the recommendation of my attorney, does not use a schedule A.  I must, however, file a separate assignment form for each item transfered in to the trust.  Using a schedule A, requires the trust to be amended each time an item is transferred in or out of the trust.  Also, I have other non-NFA items in my trust.  A list of those items is no business of the BATFE.

We had an employee do a Form 1 on an SBR that took 31 days on an Efile.

Mine came back at 33 days (7/10-8/12).  There are enough reports of 30-40 days for this to be a new normal for eForms it seems.  Cutting the wait time a paper filing via snail mail is worth the cost of setting up a trust, IMO. 

I might have missed this but do you have to use a trust?  Or, can an individual submit a Form 1 by efile?  Thanks

Any filing that requires a background check has to go through the mail. To eFile you MUST have some sort of legal entity like a trust, corporation or business. An individual MUST do the snail mail version because they must do a background check on YOU. There is no way to do a background check on a business.

I submitted the trust, schedule A and the assignment sheet transferring ownership of the gun to the trust. Now I just need to wait a few months. Had several friends get theirs back in under 40 days.

I don't have a Schedule A from my Trust Lawyer, is this something that came when you had the trust set up?

I don't have a Schedule A from my Trust Lawyer, is this something that came when you had the trust set up?

Yes it is. The Schedule A is a consolidated list of trust property. From talking to people you can just keep the assignment sheets moving items into to trust instead of updating the Schedule A with the added NFA items.

[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1180658" timestamp="1408322387"]Yes it is. The Schedule A is a consolidated list of trust property. From talking to people you can just keep the assignment sheets moving items into to trust instead of updating the Schedule A with the added NFA items.[/quote] Well I emailed Chip, I'll see what comes of his response.
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1180675" timestamp="1408323726"]I am not sure if the ATF needs the Schedule A to be approved but after 6 calls to the ATF the only constant was they all said a Schedule A must be submitted. Mine was a Form 1 and my Schedule A was blank except for a single round of 9mm ammunition.[/quote] Well I'll update once I hear from Chip