Man Buys All The Pies At Burger King To Keep Bratty Little Boy From Getting One - Too Funny

I have three children, all under 6 years old.  I do not think there is any way a stranger can ask you to get your child to be quiet and it not come off as a jerk move.

Edited by broox

Nice try, but there is no lesson there.  Just pissed the mom off and she takes it out on the kid.  You can't teach polite behavior by being selfish yourself.  All that kid learned is yet more selfishness. 

I disagree.  Maybe the kid didn't learn it, but hopefully the mother did.  There are consequences for your actions.  This will eventually register with the kid.  Too bad he has a mother that probably isn't smart enough to figure it out herself.  Anyone I know who's kid was acting that way would have high tailed it out of there with complete embarrassment.  

What are the guys consequences....he looks like a nice guy to his co-workers by bringing in pies.  I call that a win-win.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 5

I disagree.  Maybe the kid didn't learn it, but hopefully the mother did.  There are consequences for your actions.  This will eventually register with the kid.  Too bad he has a mother that probably isn't smart enough to figure it out herself.  Anyone I know who's kid was acting that way would have high tailed it out of there with complete embarrassment.  

What are the guys consequences....he looks like a nice guy to his co-workers by bringing in pies.  I call that a win-win.

Do you really think the mom learned anything?  I don't.  All she probably did was drag the screaming kid to the car while swearing like a sailor to whoever was on the other end of the phone call about what that guy did.  Wonder where the kid learned to behave that way?

Did anyone tell the kid that he won't get a pie unless he shuts his yap?  Nope.  Maybe I'm being too cynical again, but I think the point was completely lost.  All the kid knows is the store ran out of pies.  A child is not going to make the connection that his behavior resulted in not getting a pie unless someone (the parent) points that out in a somewhat calm and rational manner.  I strongly doubt that's what happened after the guy left.

Don't get me wrong, what the guy did is pretty dang funny.  I just don't think he accomplished anything good other than giving his coworkers a free dose of diabetic coma. 

• Moderators

By the way, full post is on Reddit.

So a while ago I had decided to treat myself and go to Burger King. I hadn't had the greatest of days and I had a headache coming on. It was a very long line and I was at the end of it waiting patiently. When behind me comes this woman yapping on her cellphone with a little monster of a child. This kid was out of control, screaming, punching his mother throwing around a gameboy whenever something didn't go right in the game. The mother didn't seem to pay any attention to him and his continued yelling of 'I want a Fucking PIE'. After about 5 minutes of the line with these people behind me, I had gone from a headache to a full on migraine, but nothing was going to stop me from getting those burgers. I calmly turn and ask her nicely if she can please calm or quiet her child down. Immediately she gets up in my face telling me I can't tell her nothing about raising her child and to mind my own business. I nod and turn around, shes still yelling at the back of my head when the child cries out again how he wants a pie, the mother consoles him, calling him sweety and ensuring they'll get pies for lunch because she loves him so much. Things immediately go back to the they were and I wait another 5 minutes before getting to the front of the line. It turns out it was so slow because they had 1 trainee on cash during the lunch hour rush. All I can think of is how the people behind me ruined my splurge and gave me this headache. I then decide to ruin their day. I order every pie they have left in addition to my burgers. Turned out to be 23 pies in total, I take my order and walk towards the exit. Moments later I hear the woman yelling, what do you mean you don't have any pies left, who bought them all? I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare. I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating eat as I stare back at her. She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of other lineups in the food court. I turn and slowly walk away.

http://np.reddit.com/r/offmychest/comments/2cm5xt/am_i_a_bad_person_for_this/

Do you really think the mom learned anything?  

No, hence my statement that she isn't probably smart enough to figure it out herself.  I don't really care if the kid understands it.  Kids don't understand many things, this will just be one more of the mysteries of life to him I guess.  Too much is made of kids 'feelings' these days for me.  I wouldn't have made it to the door without an ass whoopin if that was me as a kid.  The last of my worries would have been if I was getting pie.

We all know it isn't the kids fault he is a PITA and you can't simply knock the shit out of stupid parents as much as you would like to so this seems like a good alternative.  I always like creative solutions to problems  :pleased:

• Like 3

If that would have been one of my kids acting out like that there would have been and immediate exit of the restaurant and a lesson taught before either leaving the restaurant  or going back in with a new attitude of my child. My two boys never got away with anything like that in public or at home. Fit throwing meant trip to wood shed in my home. As far as the guy buying the pies. Nice of him to buy all his co workers a treat..............jmho

• Like 2
I agree with Doug.
IMHO, some people should not be aloud to breed or if they do they should be required to go to parenting classes and learn to put those damn cell phones away.

That wouldn't have happened in my family..

No, hence my statement that she isn't probably smart enough to figure it out herself.  I don't really care if the kid understands it.  Kids don't understand many things, this will just be one more of the mysteries of life to him I guess.  Too much is made of kids 'feelings' these days for me.  I wouldn't have made it to the door without an ass whoopin if that was me as a kid.  The last of my worries would have been if I was getting pie.

We all know it isn't the kids fault he is a PITA and you can't simply knock the #### out of stupid parents as much as you would like to so this seems like a good alternative.  I always like creative solutions to problems  :pleased:

It never would have gotten that far with my parents either.  I recall having a fit while getting a haircut as a child.  After a brief trip back to the truck with Dad, I climbed back in barber's chair and got my hair cut without making another sound.  :stare:

• Like 5

It never would have gotten that far with my parents either.  I recall having a fit while getting a haircut as a child.  After a brief trip back to the truck with Dad, I climbed back in barber's chair and got my hair cut without making another sound.  :stare:

Exactly what needs to happen more. The problem is, these parents even when they understand they need to discipline their children, you are going to have a HARD time if you "Start" at a ripe old age of 14. They've had plenty of training that leads them to believe the parent will do nothing, reversing that is probably next to impossible after letting the child do what they want when they want.

I am 43 years old and I still remember the first and only time I used the f-word in front of my mom. I was either 18 or 19 and we were riding down the road in a late 80's dodge grand caravan and she was giving me a chewing over a bad decision I had made and I finally said, " what the F do you want me to do about it." What came next was me pulling my face off the passenger window after absorbing a right cross. Problem solved. Still don't use the f-word around mom even telling a joke. Keep in mind my mom was 5'4" and 140lbs and I was 6'2" 230. Edited by jtmaze
  • Like 3

I look back and realize I was somewhat sheltered when I was a kid. I never heard my dad say the f word. He only said damn like once or twice a month. I didn't even know what the f word was till I was maybe 12 or 13. Now I wish I still didn't know what it was.

Me too. I'm trying to keep my boys that way too, but it's really difficult these days. They already know a few words they shouldn't and we've tried to explain why its not good to use them.

When watching tv, the 6 yr old will say, "dad, he used God's name! He shouldn't say that!". No he shouldn't son, no he shouldn't.
  • Like 1