Music City Cup IV

Agenda(10/4/14)

• Last possible point of registration onsite is at 7:15 AM.  If you are not registered and not in line with Mr. Bell at that time, you will not be entered into the match.
  • Please visit our website to ensure your information is correct(http://www.mctsclub.com/~mctscl5/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2014-10-04statussquad.htm).  Please contact myself or Greg Bell(gbell64@gmail.com) for any discrepancies.  We will be constantly be making updates to make sure things run smoothly.     
  • We will have a shooter's meeting at 7:45 AM and rounds down range at 8:00 AM. 
  • We will be running the match using electronic scoring with a paper backup for the shooters to keep. 
  • Once you finish with the stages on the side you begin on, break for lunch.  Everyone will have an opportunity to eat.
  • Once you finish eating, please proceed to the other side.  We will have someone with the electronic scoring see to that you get onto the correct stage.

Hope you have a fun, challenging day at the range.

Hey Hognut, as to the lunch situation will there be "extra lunches" for non shooters to purchase?

Making sure that we don't run into a situation like at the Nationals where they made no provision for "non shooters" who were there with the "shooters".  Apparently their plan was to feed all the shooters and then if any lunches were left over then non shooters could purchase lunch...

The first problem with that plan was that lunch was already over before you would even know if there would be any extra left over and the other problem was they apparently didn't have enough lunches for the shooters...much less the non shooters....so the non shooting spouses etc either had to go without lunch or then had to try to leave the range after lunch was over and navigate a strange city to find food instead of being there watching the shooters when they started back shooting.......

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

Hey Hognut, as to the lunch situation will there be "extra lunches" for non shooters to purchase?

Making sure that we don't run into a situation like at the Nationals where they made no provision for "non shooters" who were there with the "shooters".  Apparently their plan was to feed all the shooters and then if any lunches were left over then non shooters could purchase lunch...

The first problem with that plan was that lunch was already over before you would even know if there would be any extra left over and the other problem was they apparently didn't have enough lunches for the shooters...much less the non shooters....so the non shooting spouses etc either had to go without lunch or then had to try to leave the range after lunch was over and navigate a strange city to find food instead of being there watching the shooters when they started back shooting.......

We always have added an extra variance for non shooters. No one will be without lunch. We have several non shooters coming with their spouses or family members.

Is this event spectator friendly?  Entry cost? Viewing areas? Any other rules/restrictions to know about?  Start time etc?

Thanks

Yes. Free for spectators. The shooting bays will be marked--all other areas should be OK. Eyes and Ears. Shots at 8:00am.

See you there.

Man, that was tough... Of course I was mental mess the whole day so, I did terrible.  Fun match though, very difficult, and dang cold.  Thanks for working the match everyone!  Maybe Morgan will post a video and make it look all awesome, but if you want to relive my pain - here you go: http://youtu.be/l3ZbEzb6uWo

• Like 1

I did make the trek out last Saturday to watch the shooting.  I was glad i went.    This was my first IDPA match to attend/watch.  And all it did was make we want to participate :)

There were a ton of great stages...they looked pretty tough but great variation from what I saw.  The turn out seemed pretty solid (again my first visit) and the few folks I talked to were all real friendly.

If I had one suggestion as an outsider newbie would be to put a sign or two designating where the driveway is for the range access.  I drove all around that back road area for a solid 30minutes with no luck.  The address took me to a house (across the street) and I kept saying..can't be..there aren't any cars parked here.  I ended up just finally stopping about 1/2 mile down rolled down all the windows and listened for the shooting noise.   Followed my ears and finally noticed the dirt driveway with the cardboard cutout on the tree (very tough to spot).

Thanks for the hospitality..hopefully come next year I'll be one of the participants!!

I did make the trek out last Saturday to watch the shooting.  I was glad i went.    This was my first IDPA match to attend/watch.  And all it did was make we want to participate :)

There were a ton of great stages...they looked pretty tough but great variation from what I saw.  The turn out seemed pretty solid (again my first visit) and the few folks I talked to were all real friendly.
If I had one suggestion as an outsider newbie would be to put a sign or two designating where the driveway is for the range access.  I drove all around that back road area for a solid 30minutes with no luck.  The address took me to a house (across the street) and I kept saying..can't be..there aren't any cars parked here.  I ended up just finally stopping about 1/2 mile down rolled down all the windows and listened for the shooting noise.   Followed my ears and finally noticed the dirt driveway with the cardboard cutout on the tree (very tough to spot).
Thanks for the hospitality..hopefully come next year I'll be one of the participants!!

Someone stole our nice $300.00 range sign at the end of the road and it has not been replaced yet.

I found out when Siri says TURN NOW     she means NOW!

I voiced the same thing about a sign. I was told the signs keep walking off by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...