Ugh. About to reach a milestone.

mav

Next Friday I will no longer be in my 30s.  :(

It isn't too bad though.  I have been blessed with very good health for which I am very thankful.  Most weeks I go to the gym everyday M-F and at times run 3 miles in the evening.  I do martial arts three times a week.  I try to keep myself in decent physical shape.  I need to work on my spiritual health a lot more.  I pray my good health continues and my 40s are better than my 30s.

• Like 8

30 isn't bad.  Next spring I will be hitting 40.

My best advise I can give you, watch your weight now.  I went up 125 pounds from 30 to 40 mostly with out noticing.  I have already cut about 30 off that and working to do more.

Keep up that gym.  at 30, I did my exercises.  but I slowly got out of it.  DON'T stop.

I hit 62 today. Exercise and eating the right food will get you through so you;re doing it right.

I'll start eating the right foods and exercise real soon now.....

Now for the bad news....in 2014 Obamacare will not allow anyone over 76 to get cancer treatment. This is why Pelosi

said, we need to get this passed so we can sit down and read it. There's more but this is not the place to post it. 

• Like 2

30 isn't bad.  Next spring I will be hitting 40.

My best advise I can give you, watch your weight now.  I went up 125 pounds from 30 to 40 mostly with out noticing.  I have already cut about 30 off that and working to do more.

Keep up that gym.  at 30, I did my exercises.  but I slowly got out of it.  DON'T stop.

I am turning 40, not 30.  :)

I hit 62 today. Exercise and eating the right food will get you through so you;re doing it right.

I'll start eating the right foods and exercise real soon now.....

Now for the bad news....in 2014 Obamacare will not allow anyone over 76 to get cancer treatment. This is why Pelosi

said, we need to get this passed so we can sit down and read it. There's more but this is not the place to post it. 

I don't worry to much about Obamacare and don't understand why any one 76 would. If your 76 you should already be on Medicare and not on Obamacare anyway. ...................jmho

Congrats, I barely remember turning 30 40 (thanks to Vontar's mistake).  I am 3 years 7 mos away from my next major milestone, the big L in Roman numeral.  I also can begin to see the retirement horizon in the distance.  My goal 62, ~15 1/2 years away.  Its my goal, don't laugh. 

Edited by Runco

When I was in my 20s I ran hard and was put up wet many times,

I often thought if I would make it to 30 I would be OK, well 25 years latter.

Here I am just thanking the Lord for getting me up in the morning.

Another day on this side of the grass is a good day!

• Like 3

For me everything was fine, parts wise, until I turned 40. I still am in great health with the 50 looming now, but right after 40, things just hurt that wouldn't normally. Now, I spend a day whitewater kayaking and I feel it the next day, when I didn't used to. I seem to get tendinitis a lot more now, and joints just hurt a little.

At 40, you really should start thinking about a prostate exam and have your blood tested for a PSA score. :ugh: The exam sucks, but it's a part of modern life. Just go to your happy place and it'll be over soon. Oh, and find a Doc with skinny fingers  :up:.

I'll leave you with this quote from Hunter S. Thompson:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I put that on my wall at work and read it almost every day.

• Like 1

Next Friday I will no longer be in my 30s. :(

It isn't too bad though. I have been blessed with very good health for which I am very thankful. Most weeks I go to the gym everyday M-F and at times run 3 miles in the evening. I do martial arts three times a week. I try to keep myself in decent physical shape. I need to work on my spiritual health a lot more. I pray my good health continues and my 40s are better than my 30s.

Stay active but don't overdo it, your body doesn't recover as quickly as in years past.

I was in my late 30s / early 40s before I had the wisdom to understand spiritual health and growth. Here's the good news, best I can tell the great men of the Bible were 40+ when they achieved success