What happened to member ab28?

He was acting not nice.   The bar has clearly been set for getting wacked.

I did not see the post so I assume is was vaporized.

It was vaporized because what he said was pretty awful. Not just the words but what he was implying. And honestly had he not used the racist comment he probably would have been gone anyways. In that single sentence he broke several of our rules and sealed his fate. I am sure he will try to come back but we will hound dog him and boot him again.

• Authorized Vendor

It's quite simple really.......break the rules and you're gone. I have a hard time dealing with dipsticks just like a lot of people but you know going in you're gonna find a lot of smart asses on the interwebz.  If you've seen the movie "Lucy" you'll see how internet idiots should be treated.....pay attention to the taxi driver sequence. :lol:

http://youtu.be/zfRGcRkHboo

Seem that as of late all he wanted to do was throw a frag grenade into whatever thread he posted to.  Many of his post were beyond arrogant.  Most of his post were condescending.  

Agree it was to time for ab28 to be told ......

23h5elz.jpg

• Like 3
  • Admin Team
I don't have any problems with contrarian views on things. While AB28's most recent posts would have been better in their own thread - as opposed to junking up someone else's - as a staff we have zero issue with contrarian views. And frankly, we encourage those debates so long as they're civil and the participants are willing to bring more to the conversation than rote talking points.

AB28's last two posts were racist in a way that was so over the top that I have to believe it was intentionally provocative. I don't think anyone of my generation uses that language without knowing exactly what they're doing.

We strive to create community here. As a general rule, I think we do a pretty good job, and our members are just as responsible as the staff for creating that. We will have no tolerance for racist language. It makes me sad if you feel that in your own life, but to be clear, if you express that language here you're gone. Period.
  • Like 8
I saw his last two post. They were so shocking that I figured that he attempting to provoke. When a member attempted to give him an out to straighten things up, he doubled down.

At least his disappearance temporarily makes a bunch of heads safer.
  • Like 3

Just my rotten luck.  I go off the net for half a weekend to attend a kids birthday party and I miss an asshat getting shown the door. 

I wish TGO had a Hall of Shame forum to show how you can screw up and get tossed from a great online community.

• Like 6

Just my rotten luck.  I go off the net for half a weekend to attend a kids birthday party and I miss an asshat getting shown the door. 

I wish TGO had a Hall of Shame forum to show how you can screw up and get tossed from a great online community.

The problem was he made the posts at like 3 in the morning or there would have been more fireworks I'm guessing.

• Admin Team
It was actually up for a good while.

Note for anyone thinking about making a last stand around here, do it on a weekend morning. Life is busy. I know I'm usually making my kids pancakes or at church on Sunday. Our other mods certainly have stuff going on, too.
  • Like 3

I for one enjoyed AB's post just because I knew that he was always going to post something off the wall.  I didn't necessarily hold what he said in high regard just found it interesting.  If he was as smart as he claimed to be he would understand that you can't just say whatever you are thinking here.  Heck sometimes I have to sit back and devise something other than what is currently going through my head, but that's the way it is here.  I consider myself a guest here and a long standing member should know what is acceptable and respect that. 

Let's see , Saturday night dink a liter of Jack add a few beers and get mad about 3:45 when I run out of cigarettes , pull off a major rant until 7AM and I'm outta here ? :)

Don't worry , Otis here has been throttled back by the ol war department ... Edited by Fourtyfive