What happened to member ab28?

[quote name="Fourtyfive" post="1178611" timestamp="1407809391"]Damn , I love chili dogs and live for PBR ! That hurt bro ![/quote] Well I can't do that like I used to with the little ones and the wife. But that's okay. It's worth it. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2
[quote name="TMF" post="1178608" timestamp="1407809236"]Most males are minimalists until they meet a woman. I suppose I'd be living in a tiny cockroach apartment if I was single. Hell, I did when I was single. Upgrading to a home and nice things isn't selling out. Every person had to change a little for the person we love. Otherwise I'd have crappy furniture and eating chili dogs and ramen noodles nonstop with a chaser of PBR. I changed some of my ways not because I sold out. I just value the wants and desires of my wife more than my own. Thinking that your needs are more important than having a meaningful relationship is a technique, but you'll miss out on a lot.[/quote] Before we got married my wife would hardly even come inside my apartment unless it was to clean that crack dump. I have absolutely zero desire to return to that. Once you've tasted steak it's hard to go back to spam.
  • Like 4

I must be the odd one of the group.  I have had a house of one sort or another since I was 20 and for the most part keep it clean.  I have always had too much crap and needed the room to store things.  I am probably one of only a few people too that have literally never had a Raman noodle.  Blasphemy, I know.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
I find it amusing when people like him rant about being so not greedy and minimalistic, yet they clearly envy those who have more than him. His rants often included snide remarks about business owners and rich folk. I don't see why someone who uses one square of TP per poop and grows his own kale would care if someone else devotes their life to consumerism.
[quote name="Hozzie" post="1178632" timestamp="1407811828"]I must be the odd one of the group. I have had a house of one sort or another since I was 20 and for the most part keep it clean. I have always had too much crap and needed the room to store things. I am probably one of only a few people too that have literally never had a Raman noodle. Blasphemy, I know.[/quote] Ha, I've gone so far as eating ramen noodles right out of the package. Yep. I still think that if it weren't for my lovely wife and kids, I would live in a cheapo studio apartment and eat the cheapest foods possible. That isn't because I'm a minimalist, it's just that I don't care to spend money on stuff I don't care about. Heck, I've been driving the same truck for 10 years and hope to drive it another 10, then hand it down to my son. I'm traveling for work right now and have only eaten turkey wraps with spinach and dressing for 3 days. Trust me, it's not because I'm healthy. Just incredibly lazy.
  • Like 1

I must be the odd one of the group.  I have had a house of one sort or another since I was 20 and for the most part keep it clean.  I have always had too much crap and needed the room to store things.  I am probably one of only a few people too that have literally never had a Raman noodle.  Blasphemy, I know.

No ramen for me either.

Ramen is a lazy persons way to eat.

[quote name="Fourtyfive" post="1178927" timestamp="1407889124"]Hey , simmer down now , it's just noodles. If you didn't buy noodles for a whole year what kind of gun could you buy ?[/quote]tricked out hi point Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 2
My mom had to tell me top ramen was too expensive to buy anymore because I ate so much of it. I loved that stuff growing up.
I still eat it a fair amount, its cheap and fast, technically still food too. I usually use it as a base these days though, I'll either crush it up and cook it in frying pan with a few eggs cracked in it, or throw some frozen veggies in there and use the seasoning packet with peanut butter to make a pad thai kind of dish, also with eggs.

And yes, when we were in our teens we would eat them raw like some kind of noodle brick bar. Usually while intoxicated. Edited by TrickyNicky
I eat more Ramen now than I did as a kid. I don't eat them often now but every now and then. I like them, and they are soo easy to make. Super high in sodium though I'd say. I have millions of them, and the half life has to be a few hundred years lol Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

Ha, I've gone so far as eating ramen noodles right out of the package. Yep.I still think that if it weren't for my lovely wife and kids, I would live in a cheapo studio apartment and eat the cheapest foods possible. That isn't because I'm a minimalist, it's just that I don't care to spend money on stuff I don't care about. Heck, I've been driving the same truck for 10 years and hope to drive it another 10, then hand it down to my son. I'm traveling for work right now and have only eaten turkey wraps with spinach and dressing for 3 days. Trust me, it's not because I'm healthy. Just incredibly lazy.

Are we related? Cousins maybe because I prefer my ramen cooked

Ramen noodles themselves are pretty good, it's the flavor packet that'll kill you.  It's nothing but a big package of salt and goes straight in the trash.  Used to eat PB and ramen noodle sandwiches in college, sometimes with a few Doritos for added flavor.  :)  My wife makes a salad that uses the plain noodles and it's yummy. 

• Like 1

You've not really lived until you've had to live off of packs of noodles.

I've since moved up to the $1.50 cups of gourmet noodles (Japanese flavored!). They are not only incredibly tasty, but the plastic containers are much safer than the cheap styrofoam cups when under the influence. :)