What happened to member ab28?

Ramen noodles themselves are pretty good, it's the flavor packet that'll kill you.  It's nothing but a big package of salt and goes straight in the trash.  Used to eat PB and ramen noodle sandwiches in college, sometimes with a few Doritos for added flavor.  :)  My wife makes a salad that uses the plain noodles and it's yummy.

Ramen noodle sandwich... interesting. Like this?

bc218bd775d9930784d907124a9d3782_zps29c7
  • Like 1
Guest 00buck3

Yep, minimalism isn't worth much if you starve to death.

Unlike McCandless, I actually have survival training.

Most males are minimalists until they meet a woman. I suppose I'd be living in a tiny cockroach apartment if I was single. Hell, I did when I was single. Upgrading to a home and nice things isn't selling out. Every person had to change a little for the person we love. Otherwise I'd have crappy furniture and eating chili dogs and ramen noodles nonstop with a chaser of PBR. I changed some of my ways not because I sold out. I just value the wants and desires of my wife more than my own. Thinking that your needs are more important than having a meaningful relationship is a technique, but you'll miss out on a lot.

Not really. I have dated off and on over the years, but with my PTSD meds, my sexual desire is mostly dead, so not much point in dating. I don't buy much, but I do spend money on good food. Being healthy is important, so that is worth it. If I meet a woman one day, I'll know she is the right one if she isn't materialistic. They are out there. I met a few on my Appalachian Trail hike. Women are pretty crazy though.

I find it amusing when people like him rant about being so not greedy and minimalistic, yet they clearly envy those who have more than him. His rants often included snide remarks about business owners and rich folk. I don't see why someone who uses one square of TP per poop and grows his own kale would care if someone else devotes their life to consumerism.

It's not envy, just anger and annoyance at growing up seeing your mom suffer and in pain, and not be able to afford medical care, but there are people living in monster mansions, driving 80K cars, and blowing money right and left. That's the biggest thing. Everyone has a right to medical care. I care because consumerism affects everyone else.

As for the banning thing, I was on this forum 6 years. I'm usually better in real life, but I have PTSD and a few other mental issues, so I get kinda crazy on occasion, and I was drunk that night. I knew I was pushing it, but a lot of the private property comments had irritated the hell out of me. People are willing to fight for their rights when it comes to the government infringing on them, but they are fine with a person infringing on their rights if they are on that person's property. Doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, I have access to quite a few computers, so don't bother banning me again. I'm sure you will, as a general principle, though.

I'm usually pretty decent in person, I've hung out with a few people here, had the CIS handgun class with members and the glock disassembly class Todd did a few years ago. It is just forums have the same problem as texting, there is no body language, so it is easy to misconstrue things said and take them the wrong way.

Have a good day gentlemen.

[quote name="00buck3" post="1179166" timestamp="1407948882"]Unlike McCandless, I actually have survival training. Not really. I have dated off and on over the years, but with my PTSD meds, my sexual desire is mostly dead, so not much point in dating. I don't buy much, but I do spend money on good food. Being healthy is important, so that is worth it. If I meet a woman one day, I'll know she is the right one if she isn't materialistic. They are out there. I met a few on my Appalachian Trail hike. Women are pretty crazy though. It's not envy, just anger and annoyance at growing up seeing your mom suffer and in pain, and not be able to afford medical care, but there are people living in monster mansions, driving 80K cars, and blowing money right and left. That's the biggest thing. Everyone has a right to medical care. I care because consumerism affects everyone else. As for the banning thing, I was on this forum 6 years. I'm usually better in real life, but I have PTSD and a few other mental issues, so I get kinda crazy on occasion, and I was drunk that night. I knew I was pushing it, but a lot of the private property comments had irritated the hell out of me. People are willing to fight for their rights when it comes to the government infringing on them, but they are fine with a person infringing on their rights if they are on that person's property. Doesn't make any sense. Anyways, I have access to quite a few computers, so don't bother banning me again. I'm sure you will, as a general principle, though. I'm usually pretty decent in person, I've hung out with a few people here, had the CIS handgun class with members and the glock disassembly class Todd did a few years ago. It is just forums have the same problem as texting, there is no body language, so it is easy to misconstrue things said and take them the wrong way. Have a good day gentlemen.[/quote] You still don't get it. You're not entitled to squat and neither was your mom. Nobody owes you medical care. As sad as it may be, it doesn't erase the fact that things coat money and folks aren't going to work for free. You think you're owed something for nothing. Someone who has lots of money had earned the right to have stuff and spend their money however they see fit. That isn't up to you to decide who gets what and how much. I have money. I earned it. You don't deserve a dime of it and neither did your sick mom. Especially since it seems you aren't willing to compromise any of your silly ass hang ups to get the things you want.
  • Like 11

Gone again. Hopefully AB28 will tire of this before we do.

:rofl: Apparently you can't read Mac, he already said he access to multiple computers :rofl:

I predict he'll be back, he's already made it clear that what he wants and where he wants to be are the only things that matter. Good news is he'll likely get bored swimming upstream at some point.
  • Admin Team

A savvy user can (and has) managed to create a new account.  There are limitations to technology, and so if you're really inclined, you can get back on.  If you were to keep quiet about your former identity and change your tone a bit, we're probably not going to boot you.

But, the thing about it is, is that most of the users who recreate accounts are just narcissistic enough to not be able to do either of those two things.  They are in fact their own worst enemies.

• Like 5

Lonely guy. He won't get any better.

People like him chose to erect obstacles within their own life as a way to ensure they'll never succeed, thus making their behavior and choices acceptable by default.  Reading his posts make is so obvious.  He complains about something and comes up with a reason why he can't do or achieve or overcome an obstacle that he set in the way.  He has been here repeatedly complaining about not being able to get a good job and make decent money, then cites the reasons as circumstances he created.  He can't work here because they have this rule.  He can't work there because the work conditions.  All businesses are corrupt (yet he expects them to pay him). 

Then he complains about women, yet he has ridiculous criteria and expectations.  That's like me saying "I will only settle for a woman who will earn all the money while I stay at home playing video games, she'll cook and clean and fellate me every day on command.  Anything less than this isn't worth it."  Of course he is lonely.  He is a narcissist who thinks every person in the world exists to accommodate him, yet he owes nothing to anyone.  I sure hope he remains lonely.  God help us if he breeds.

• Like 3

A savvy user can (and has) managed to create a new account.  There are limitations to technology, and so if you're really inclined, you can get back on.  If you were to keep quiet about your former identity and change your tone a bit, we're probably not going to boot you.

But, the thing about it is, is that most of the users who recreate accounts are just narcissistic enough to not be able to do either of those two things.  They are in fact their own worst enemies.

"I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability."  - Ron White

• Like 7

People like him chose to erect obstacles within their own life as a way to ensure they'll never succeed, thus making their behavior and choices acceptable by default.  Reading his posts make is so obvious.  He complains about something and comes up with a reason why he can't do or achieve or overcome an obstacle that he set in the way.  He has been here repeatedly complaining about not being able to get a good job and make decent money, then cites the reasons as circumstances he created.  He can't work here because they have this rule.  He can't work there because the work conditions.  All businesses are corrupt (yet he expects them to pay him). 

Then he complains about women, yet he has ridiculous criteria and expectations.  That's like me saying "I will only settle for a woman who will earn all the money while I stay at home playing video games, she'll cook and clean and fellate me every day on command.  Anything less than this isn't worth it."  Of course he is lonely.  He is a narcissist who thinks every person in the world exists to accommodate him, yet he owes nothing to anyone.  I sure hope he remains lonely.  God help us if he breeds.

Do they really have to bathe & breathe??  That's asking a lot.

If there is anyone I can say should not own or be around firearms it is him.

He is disgruntled, has self control issues, he blames others for his own failures, he has self admitted "mental health issues", believes there is an injustice that must be fixed and he has a gun. And although he hasn't said it I suspect he self medicates as well. All those things seem like a similar recipe as a lot of the mass shooters.

As TMF said, there is but one person to blame for his situation and that is him. We all come into this world with the same opportunities and anyone can become successful if they try. I will not post it again but I am proof positive that no matter how miserable you think your situation is you can overcome adversity.

I wish him all the success he longs for, and wish his mother well, but until he quits putting up roadblocks to his success he will not be successful.
  • Like 8
[quote name="TMF" post="1179176" timestamp="1407950941"]You still don't get it. You're not entitled to squat and neither was your mom. Nobody owes you medical care. As sad as it may be, it doesn't erase the fact that things coat money and folks aren't going to work for free. You think you're owed something for nothing. Someone who has lots of money had earned the right to have stuff and spend their money however they see fit. That isn't up to you to decide who gets what and how much. I have money. I earned it. You don't deserve a dime of it and neither did your sick mom. Especially since it seems you aren't willing to compromise any of your silly ass hang ups to get the things you want.[/quote] Amen brother!

Sometimes I think it'd be cool to have a button that blows up some A-hole's computer when he gets out of line, but then I consider what would happen if someone thought that I was the A-hole. :shrug:

if someone thought??   :rofl:

• Like 2