Robin Williams Dead at 63.

It often is true that the most talented and artistic among us are also the most vulnerable to depression and anxiety. I can only guess that whatever "wiring" gives them their talent also makes them susceptible to problems they believe that they can't overcome.

I know absolutely nothing about his personal life but I have loved his movies - he was an incredible talent (and not just for comedy)...the world was a brighter place with him in it and a darker place without him.

May he rest in peace; prayers for his family.

O Captain, my Captain

One of my favorites. But it's hard to pick a single one. Robin Williams had such talent. More than any one person could reasonably contain.

So brilliant that he could take a single word from a conversation and run with it; doing line after line without breaking stride. He could keep me laughing for hours.

Such a loss of talent.

I'll miss him. And so will the world.

He had incomparable talent. Never been another one like him. I really hate hearing this.

My favorite RW film is The World According to Garp. I read the book before the film was released and he brought that character to life like no one else ever could have.

Rest in Peace, Robin. You will be missed.

• Like 2

He had incomparable talent. Never been another one like him. I really hate hearing this.

My favorite RW film is The World According to Garp. I read the book before the film was released and he brought that character to life like no one else ever could have.

Rest in Peace, Robin. You will be missed.

"Garp" was definitely a different type of movie. Like you, I had read the book before seeing it. So I took my wife. She did not appreciate it at all.

But that did show the span of Williams' talents. At least the beginnings of what he was capable of.

Condolences to his family and friends.  He'll be missed, that's for sure.

His talent was so multilayerd, I think the general public took it for granted.  He put a lot into his work and it showed when you saw him on the screen.  Great actor.

He did a lot of USO tours, always made time for Soldiers to talk, pics and whatnot. I think his golf explanation is what really turned me on to him. I feel for his family, but it's so hard for me to feel sorry for someone who took the easy way out, specially since financially everything is at his disposal to overcome. Up to 20+ Soldiers take their life through drugs/alcohol/suicide/mental breakdown every day and the media hype was minimal. Not all those Soldiers got help due to VA and red tape...... This is just sad all around.
I do appreciate him for the laughter he has shared and happiness he has given to countless people.
  • Like 1

specially since financially everything is at his disposal to overcome. 

Money doesn't make a damn bit of difference when you are truly depressed.  I'm not talking about the typical sad that most people feel but true, clinical depression.  

I hate that so many people near him seemed to know he was in a bad state but no one was watching and able to help in time.  Shows how hard depression and mental problems can be --- even the wealthy can't beat a rough disease.  Kinda like steve jobs etc; all the money in the world won't do in some cases.